Disboutiquers Part 13 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hunter has autism. He is high functioning and verbal but it wasn't always this way. He didn't speak from about 18 months to 3 years. When we got his DX we did our homework. We started the only home based, self funded ABA program in our entire state. I firmly believe that without the ABA Hunter would not be high functioning. He can speak well and does the best he can.

Our little guy will always be the weird kid in the class. He will always be a bit "odd" but he is loving and kind. He has a great imagination and is very creative. His mind goes a mile a minute and he is always moving. Life is full of challenges and he keeps us going.

The nemo is from the book panels you can get at Wal-Mart. I also used them for matching outfits for Hunter and I last March.
nemohunterandapril.jpg

I have been trying to sew an outfit for about two weeks. It's for Megan's birthday, which is Sunday, so hopefully it will be done by then.

BUT...I wanted to share something with my Packers friends. They had the last game of flag football and I was surprised when the coach presented the MVP award...

IMG_1368.jpg

The team ended up 2-5 and the coaches were, um, a little crazy, but I am super proud of Jacob!

Way 2 Go Jacob!!!

Whoopie! I finished. It took me so long to the appliqués, I had doubts. I used the Hello Kitty machine and the tiny zig zag stitch that I had to take a break between each one because I felt like I was going blind.

I hope you can tell what it's supposed to be. When we went in March I saw mickey balloons everywhere so I thought it would make a cute birthday skirt. Teresa's husband recognized it when they came over so I think I am good. :thumbsup2 The shirt is one I found with the easter fabric that never got made into anything and everything else was scraps or stash so this was a very cheap birthday outfit!

IMG_1370.jpg

IMG_1369.jpg

IMG_1371.jpg

Love, love, love this outfit!!!!!!!

I finally finished the big give outfit. I had to finish today because I started work a week ago Friday and I am out of time.
BigGive1.jpg

BigGivefish.jpg

Hunter is just the sweetest to put girls clothes for me. He even did a perfect point. He asked if the skirt had twirl power? Ok, no more skirts for him to model.:laughing:

April - the outfit is cute - but Hunter is ADORABLE!!! Love that kiddo - what a trooper!! Twirl power?????:lmao::rotfl2:

Daniel likes things big so he is wearing a Kids XL - not sure of his favorite color, but he wears a lot of black shirts right now (helps to not see spilling stains - lol)!!!

You are so welcome! This tutorial made all the difference, i also really like how she shows you how to do the ties- with the ribbon to help turn them inside out- great technique!

Thank you so much. I think I will have to wait til after baby is born to get the borders on and get it finished, they are all cut and mitered, I just need to sew them on, but i suspect baby is coming soon and i dont want to rush anything.

I bought the Fancy Nancy fabric, just because- also plan to make a summer dress out of it. We own the book Posh Puppy and I want to get the others- I love the artwork!

So i woke up at 4:30am with some reflux and could not go back to sleep, I took a long shower and then decided I would finsih the cupcake purse after all. DH wasn't leaving til noon, so plenty of time. The instructions stunk, so I had to make a quick run to my favorite quilt shop to ask my friend/owner to help me decipher the instructions. Next time I wll make a fabric cherry with green leaf on top and add a little closure of some sort. i just had buttons on hand- I might want to try little bugle beads or something with shine. This is for my niece (the 2 yr old getting the aline outfit)

back

profile- the "frosting" is attached with fabric glue, since it had to leave today I also added a strip of stitch witchery

I posted this on a hanger- but Megan was wearing it for the first time to the party today- temp dropped to 64, so I added a little white blouse underneath

I went and got another massage with reflexology today- i think this baby is coming in the next few days, just my gut feeling- Im still having LOTS of strong braxton hicks and feeling pretty naseated last night and a little today, also VERY emotional, so I didnt wnat to post yesterday.

love everything; and hope you can get some rest before your little one comes.
How about a sleevess hoodie? I can find what patten I used for these sets.

IMG_0598.jpg
IMG_0623.jpg

QUOTE]
I love those! I gotta try em for DS sure it's ok to CASE?
Hi everyone! Just a quick run-by posting. I have been going literally for the last 15 hours for my daughter Hannah's dress recital today. Between hair, makeup, pictures, dress rehearsal, costume changes, quick dinner and then the show (and doing her costume changes) I feel like I haven't had time to breathe!

I did think of y'all though. The theme of the show was "A Trip to Disney." I kept thinking y'all could have done MUCH better on the costumes than the store ones they had to wear. I didn't even understand what some of them had to do with Disney. This was ballet's Alice in Wonderland (Just a backstage snapshot, it will be a while before the portraits come in)

hanballet.jpg

And this was hip hop's High School Musical (and Hannah clowning in the wings)

hanhh.jpg

Neither seemed quite right to me, but what do I know? :confused3

Hope y'all had a wonderful Saturday!

Marah
She looks wonderful!
YAY! I have another outfit for Disney World done, I now have made 2 I like for Disney (I made the boo dress too, but it was my first attempt so I think I will redo it before we go).

Thank you all for the encouragement, a few weeks ago I said I wanted to learn to sew, but I knew I would never be able to make stuff I liked before our Aug trip. I still can't believe that I have successfully made 2 already..... I had already bought to customs, so I guess like 16 more to go.

I am really glad I found this thread.... the distraction of sewing really helped this weekend, I have really been bummed with DH in Iraq, and then on Friday night one of my favorite TV characters of all times died.... I cried like a baby, I knew it was just a TV show, but I have just been emotional lately. Jumping into this outfit after it went off was a nice distraction and I am happy with how it came together.

On a happy note, today was my 90 day mark for ADR's, I got all the resteraunts I wanted on the days and times I wanted, I got the early morning BBB appointment on DD's bday (and CRT for after), and I booked the VIP tour on DD's bday and 1 for my bday later in the week. Now I need to finish planning customs for all the other places we will be eating.

So here is the outfit I just finished:

Cruella.jpg

cruellatop.jpg

cruellaback.jpg

cruella2.jpg
Wow; just Wow! How did you learn so fast? That is awesome!
Heather - or anyone else - if you ever see what you think is a good machine on the Philadelphia, Delaware or South Jersey Craigslist that you think is a good deal, wou

ld you let me know? I have an old Kennmore that works great, but I'd love some of those decorative stitches or ??? Im not positive why I want a new machine- maybe it will sew smoother??? lol!!

I LOVE this outfit!! Sooooo cute!!! Can I ask what size you made? I always make to top too long for my 2 year old neice and think yours looks absolutely perfect!!!

I LOVE that fabric!!! You always do such a professional looking job!!! I loved Matthew's crabby outfit too - does the hoodie part of the hoodie bother him at all?

So, last night with Daniel went just fine. He and Bill got back to our house quickly, because Daniel wanted to bring the food back to our house to eat - he ended up choosing Chic Fil A - which is yummy in my book!!! We watched Myth Busters and then I went up to sew while he and Bill played football first on the Wii and then on the PS2:rotfl: crazy guys!! But I could hear them laughing alot - so that is good.

Daniel didnt want his picture taken because he is on steroids and looks puffy. He is able to wear a hat now!!! Was it difficult at times to watch him - definately - I had to choke back some tears as he worked VERY HARD just to pick up a full cup to drink out of (I wanted to whack DH for giving him such a big full cup without a straw). His arm was so ataxic/shakey as he lifted it up - strength seems to be fair, but his timing is just off. He is just so thin - looking at him sitting in my easy chair it seemed that he looked smaller than my 6 year old neice. But anyway - I was thrilled to have him over and that he wanted to come to our house - I think mainly to be with Bill (Bill visits him EVERY day he is in the hospital), but thats okay - thanks for letting me share -

April - Daniel likes the one with the Eagles logo in the background the best!! He knows people are praying for him, and he believes in the power of prayer. He says thank you to everyone!!

:thumbsup2
Glad things went well w/ Daniel; sure sounds like he had a great night w/ you guys!
I have been trying to sew an outfit for about two weeks. It's for Megan's birthday, which is Sunday, so hopefully it will be done by then.

BUT...I wanted to share something with my Packers friends. They had the last game of flag football and I was surprised when the coach presYented the MVP award...

IMG_1368.jpg

The team ended up 2-5 and the coaches were, um, a little crazy, but I am super proud of Jacob!
Yeah Jacob!
Thanks.... DD spotted the fabric and asked for a 101 dalmations outfit, I love that everything is Disney with her too! I had to laugh a little the other day when her MawMaw said she got her a tumbalina (sp) costume and Taylor said, "who's that? Is she Disney? No, then I don't know her"

I have been loving stripwork, It seems I keep find like 3 or 4 prints that I love together and that has been the easiest way for me to combine them. I did the 3 different zebra prints and love it, so I figured I would try stripwork with the doggie prints too.

I do my embroidery on the Brother PE-700 II.

DH loves the pics of her in her new outfits, but he keeps accusing me of buying them. When I bought 2 customs for our trip in August and told him I needed 18 more he joked that I better learn to sew if I wanted more. (apparently he doesn't get the concept of spending $150-200 on an outfit she will wear once) Since he hasn't been here to see me sewing them he really thinks I am buying them and claiming to have sewn them. I am going to have to start taking pictures in between making them to show him. I guess it is a nice compliment though, and I can see where he is coming from. When we first started dating and he needed patches sewn on to one of his uniforms I did it by hand and it fell off the first time he wore it.

He was active duty when we met, he was active for 6 years and he has been in the reserves for 6 years now.... this is his 2nd deployment as a reservist (his first since DD was born). This one is starting to get rough, it is great having DD to keep me company, but man I really realize how helpful he was with her and it so much more work these days. Plus on his last deployment DH's brother would help me with some of the stuff DH did (cut the grass, small repairs, changing air filters, ect.). Well this time my BIL is deployed too, it is getting old having to find a baby sitter to watch DD so I can cut the grass. DD hates the word Iraq.... her daddy is there, and both of her uncles (DH's brother, and my sister got married this year and he went to Iraq within a few months). This thread and sewing has been real helpful this time though, it is a much better way to put off the stuff I should be doing around the house in the evenings after work.
:hug: as the sister of a marine, I'm praying for your DH and his family.
Whoopie! I finished. It took me so long to the appliqués, I had doubts. I used the Hello Kitty machine and the tiny zig zag stitch that I had to take a break between each one because I felt like I was going blind.

I hope you can tell what it's supposed to be. When we went in March I saw mickey balloons everywhere so I thought it would make a cute birthday skirt. Teresa's husband recognized it when they came over so I think I am good. :thumbsup2 The shirt is one I found with the easter fabric that never got made into anything and everything else was scraps or stash so this was a very cheap birthday outfit!

IMG_1370.jpg

IMG_1369.jpg

IMG_1371.jpg

so, so, so cute! I love it!
I finally finished the big give outfit. I had to finish today because I started work a week ago Friday and I am out of time.
BigGive1.jpg

BigGivefish.jpg

Hunter is just the sweetest to put girls clothes for me. He even did a perfect point. He asked if the skirt had twirl power? Ok, no more skirts for him to model.:laughing:
Gorgeous outfit and model! If it makes ya feel any better; I found DS in his sister's Cinderella dress singing "keys to the kingdom" from princess tales yesterday.

MinnieVanMom, yep, Hunter is my kind of kid!

I have at least one Spectrum Kid, Emmy, and she's a "March to your own" kid as well! To be honest at least this far even with the "challenges" she has been an absolute joy to parent. And I love when she finds her OWN interests, and she never follows the crowd. When we go to Disney this next time another thing she and I will be doing is writing another article about taking the trip with Spectrum kiddos and how to make it more enjoyable for them. We did this two years ago for SI Focus magazine and had a blast. Emmy likes to be a young advocate.

The baby most definitely has sensory issues (food, bathing, etc), but only time will tell if they are just an odd baby quirks or he'll be another Spectrum kiddo for me!

((hugs))

Heads up for Fabric Walmart People, the Gonzales LA store is getting rid of fabric. (This might be old news for some) I was just there today and some of it was 80% off so I stocked up on what Disney stuff they had left

BUT...I wanted to share something with my Packers friends. They had the last game of flag football and I was surprised when the coach presented the MVP award...

th_IMG_1368.jpg

Way to go Jacob! I bet you were one proud parent!

Thanks for the updates everywhere! I just checked out the pictures and the tutorial! Dallas would LOVE that pokeman fabric. Hopefully that is one that is available. I am not a huge pokemon fan but Dallas is!

Does anyone do all their applique (not just eyes, etc) without a machine? Know a good tutorial?

Sorry, I don't.

Steph...do you mind if I CASE (or lets be honest...CAB!!) you???

Tracie made a bday tshirt design for Aisling and I was trying to think up a fun bottom to go with it.

th_aislingbirthday.jpg

Fabulous job Tracie!

I think the flouncy skirt would be PERFECT with it! We know you can do this Kristine.

th_BigGive1.jpg

th_BigGivefish.jpg

Hunter is showing Dallas up in his modeling skills! What a cute outfit!

Wow- yall are so sweet! I'm gonna head to Walmart or Joann's tomorrow to get the interfacing so I can finish the dress. I'm sure I'll have to come back here and read your directions about 100 times. You're a lot clearer than the pattern directions, but I'm so new I dont know anything!I'll post pics when I'm done, but don't expect anything great!
Glad to help. Hope it makes sense once you are doing it. Post here and I'm sure someone will help you along!

Steph...do you mind if I CASE (or lets be honest...CAB!!) you???

Tracie made a bday tshirt design for Aisling and I was trying to think up a fun bottom to go with it.

aislingbirthday.jpg
Oh that design is so pretty! That skirt would look great with it.

Thank you! I used ribbon for the strings. It was kind of hard to work with because it didn't bend, but I think the twisty looks like string (I hope!).
Yes, it definitely looks like string! Did you sew it on or glue it??

BigGive1.jpg

BigGivefish.jpg

Cute set... cuter model! :)

Hunter has autism. He is high functioning and verbal but it wasn't always this way. He didn't speak from about 18 months to 3 years. When we got his DX we did our homework. We started the only home based, self funded ABA program in our entire state. I firmly believe that without the ABA Hunter would not be high functioning. He can speak well and does the best he can.

Our little guy will always be the weird kid in the class. He will always be a bit "odd" but he is loving and kind. He has a great imagination and is very creative. His mind goes a mile a minute and he is always moving. Life is full of challenges and he keeps us going.

The nemo is from the book panels you can get at Wal-Mart. I also used them for matching outfits for Hunter and I last March.
nemohunterandapril.jpg
I just love that set you made. I know you weren't sure about how those fabrics went together, but it looks awesome!
Heads up for Fabric Walmart People, the Gonzales LA store is getting rid of fabric. (This might be old news for some) I was just there today and some of it was 80% off so I stocked up on what Disney stuff they had left
Did they have alot left??? I think Gonzales is about 3 hours from me. I wonder if it would be worth the trip. I NEED more character fabric... :rotfl:
I don't need more fabric, but I really don't have much characters stuff. I'm looking for girly stuff.. do you remember if they had any of the girly character stuff??
Thanks!

Glad to help. Hope it makes sense once you are doing it. Post here and I'm sure someone will help you along!

Oh that design is so pretty! That skirt would look great with it.

Yes, it definitely looks like string! Did you sew it on or glue it??

Cute set... cuter model! :)

I just love that set you made. I know you weren't sure about how those fabrics went together, but it looks awesome!

Did they have alot left??? I think Gonzales is about 3 hours from me. I wonder if it would be worth the trip. I NEED more character fabric... :rotfl:
I don't need more fabric, but I really don't have much characters stuff. I'm looking for girly stuff.. do you remember if they had any of the girly character stuff??
Thanks!

the only girly type stuff was HSM but mostly boy/manly stuff was left...

Hannah was going to wear the Cinderella dress that my mom and I made her for DW this morning to church. We had a bit of an accident on our way out of the door. It was raining and I slipped on the front steps and fell all the way down the steps taking Hannah down with me. My neck, back, and booty are killing me! Hannah seems to be fine. Anywho.. I had ironed this dress and had it all ready for her to wear, so I dryed it and took a picture of it. I hadn't ever gotten around to posting it before. My mom did most of the smocking. I just did Cindy and the shoe. This was my mom's first smocking project. I am so proud of her. I am teaching her how to smock, and she is doing so well. Oh, and I adore the angel sleeves on this dress! I need to make another one of this style. Oh, and the line is there because I just let out the blind hem and did a coverhem. I didn't wash it since I rehemmed.. hopefully it comes out. I should have taken a picture of my coverhem. I am loving that feature on the serger!

There are a couple of shots from DW trip that Hannah took with my parents in there too. I'm also posting the in the hoop crayon roll ups I made for a Big Give a while back. I hope I cleaned up some of those threads hanging out before I sent it off. I honestly don't remember!
The pink bag is a lingerie bag I made for a lingerie shower for a dear friend of mine. I wish I hadn't used varigated thread on it. That wave stitch is done on my serger, and it doesn't show up as well because I used pink/white varigated thread. I forgot to take a picture of the inside of the bag. It was prettier than the outside.. hehe.
sandrascam323.jpg

sandrascam324.jpg

sandrascam325.jpg

sandrascam326.jpg

sandrascam385.jpg

sandrascam388.jpg

sandrascam400.jpg

sandrascam401.jpg

sandrascam402.jpg

sandrascam403.jpg

sandrascam209.jpg

sandrascam210.jpg

My friends son is High Function Autistic. He did excellent in High School and she is very proud that he is now doing well in college! She did sit out in the hall the first few weeks of college just to make sure there were no incidents in class. Once the teachers got to know him (his is very opinionated and can take over a class discussion) she was able to make time for herself.

Hunter is an excellent model! Good sport!

I love the smocked Cindy dress! Where do you find smocking plates? I don't really like most of the commercial ones I have found. I made my own last year because I couldn't find what I wanted.

Are we moving today?

BigGive1.jpg

BigGivefish.jpg

I make my 5yo boy model clothes that I make for my 5 and 6 yo niece they are all within an inch of each other on height and it lets me get the length just right.

Hannah was going to wear the Cinderella dress that my mom and I made her for DW this morning to church. We had a bit of an accident on our way out of the door. It was raining and I slipped on the front steps and fell all the way down the steps taking Hannah down with me. My neck, back, and booty are killing me! Hannah seems to be fine. Anywho.. I had ironed this dress and had it all ready for her to wear, so I dryed it and took a picture of it. I hadn't ever gotten around to posting it before. My mom did most of the smocking. I just did Cindy and the shoe. This was my mom's first smocking project. I am so proud of her. I am teaching her how to smock, and she is doing so well. Oh, and I adore the angel sleeves on this dress! I need to make another one of this style. Oh, and the line is there because I just let out the blind hem and did a coverhem. I didn't wash it since I rehemmed.. hopefully it comes out. I should have taken a picture of my coverhem. I am loving that feature on the serger!

sandrascam400.jpg

sandrascam401.jpg

sandrascam402.jpg

The smocking is STUNNING your mom did a beautiful job. What do you use to smock your fabric?? Do you use a pleater thing or what?? AAlso did you guys use a pattern for the picture?? Awesome job, I love it :love:

*TOADSTOOL*
I sure hope you start to feel better soon. Maybe a visit to the bone crusher in the morning would help you feel better? I wanted to quote with pictures but didn't get it right.

I love the smocking on the dress and the dress! It is stunning. I don't know anyone other than you who smocks.

On the current big give I noticed the last girl Allie didn't have but 1 thing made for her so I put this design together from the template by rumbleytumbly on the disign board. Big problem for me, the closest store with shirts is 2 hours each way and I may not go to the city in time.

I think I will do her name in pink instead. She said her favourite colours are pink and lime green.
AllienotcapsEplutomickeyheadcopy.jpg

IMG_1370.jpg

IMG_1369.jpg

IMG_1371.jpg

Is there anyway you could show a close-up of the applique with the zig-zag stitch, pretty please??? I was thinking of trying this and would love to see a finished one. It is a very fun outfit!! Very Nice! Do you mind if someone used your idea of the balloons, for their own kids??

EDIT: I just noticed we are at 250!

So I did my own "mini project" today and made shorts for Phineas to wear to the Hoop De Doo Review. My MIL says she has "cowboy shirts" for the boys to wear. So I took some of the $3.50 shorts from Walmart and the iron-on patches for jeans/pants, cut out some designs and letters, and made these (sorry I can't show you his face yet)

cowboyshorts1.jpg

cowboyshorts3.jpg

cowyboyshorts2.jpg

I know it's not much compared to what you ladies do, but I did feel kinda proud of myself they turned out okay!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter