Disboutiquers Part 15 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew

Hi Jessica,
I have been at work all the time. My PT job is now a FT job. It is making me very cranky and I am not having fun this summer at all. Well we did go out on the boat last Sunday and that was fun.

I have done very little sewing other than when I was getting things ready for our DL trip and Sierra needed clothes. I did make some clothes covers for an elderly woman and I have 1 set of curtains that must get done this weekend.

Nothing creative and not even time to read the forums other than to gather info on our upcoming trip.

emcreative, sorry your trip was not as perfect as it could have been. We just don't go to values because we know our DS can't take the stimuli. So we like CSR and our DVC.

I plan to start sewing next month to get ready for the late September trip but only if I can find the time. When we get back my job will be over!!!! and I am off work for another 8 months. I know in these times I should be grateful for even having a job and not complain.

Wishing everyone well and thanks so much for thinking of me Jessica. Hey Crystal PM via email tonite.

I have a Futura and I think you need Auto Punch to get it worked out. I tried to import fonts and I wasn't able to, then I figured out that I needed that Software.

My DH found me a software called Sew What that did the same thing as Autopunch, but I didn't have time to figure out the program. It is available as a free trial for 30 days though so if you have time you may want to download it and then try to make your file. For me it is just easier to get someone else to create the names I need.

I can do Monograms one letter at a time.:laughing:

I will certainly check out Sew What :) Thanks!
I could have swore I bought it but then again I am a dipshot sometimes so I may not have.

I am trying to figure out what to make for my staff - they have all went through a very very hard implementation of a new comp system and I have to do something nice for them. Any ideas you guys?

Thanks again!

Wow! There has been some really great outfits posted yesterday and today. You ladies are making me want to go fabric shopping. (I have plenty of fabric though)

I love the new dresses! Heather those Birthday designs are so cute! I love them.

Here is a little outfit I made for my niece who turned 4 last week. Her party was today and they are going to Disney next month.
Shirt
IMG_0279-1.jpg

Shorts
IMG_0276-1.jpg

Jhammers..... I need your help!!

I'm lokoing for a source where I can buy a wrought iron drawer/door pull (at least that's what i think these are??) for a craft I'm making. I've seen this type of thing done on blogs from women in Utah where they've done this kinda thing probably at enrichment night. I know you're a Utah girl and may have seen this done and maybe know where I can get these..... (I know... this is probably like asking if you know the Osmonds! :lmao: )

Anyway- click on the link please. I'm looking for the wrought iron piece that is conected to the wood board. Have you seen these anywhere?? HAS ANYONE SEEN THESE????

http://picasaweb.google.com/MyVinylDesigner/MyVinylDesigner#slideshow/5282869988688070562

QUESTION!!!!!!!

A person on another forum posted the coolest picture of something she made...Can I post it here? There are no people in the photos just the objects? I REALLY want you all to see these!!!!

Hi ladies!

This is not a Disney request, but I was wondering if someone could help me with a t-shirt design.

My friends and I are going on a cruise in September, and we'd like to all wear matching shirts. We'd like our shirts to be black t-shirts with hot pink lettering.

We want two criss-crossing palm trees on the shirt, with the words "Moms Gone Wild Cruise 2009" on it.

Can anyone help with that?

I finished Taylor's Magic Kingdom birthday dress today. Once again HeatherSue is my hero (and Marah too). Thank you ladies for coming up with such cute birthday appliques! I don't know what I would do without you!

Bday.jpg

This is absolutely AWESOME!! She'll ahve a special b-day for sure with that dress!

Here's a fall dress for Lily. I haven't made her official first day of pre-school dress yet but I have the fabric all ready to go. It won't be anything fancy, but I think it will be cute. The pre-school asks that you take "first day of school" photos at the orientation day which is coming up in a couple of weeks. :scared1:

IMG_0582_edited.jpg

IMG_0591_edited.jpg

IMG_0589_edited.jpg

Sorry about the giant photos. Photobucket shows them as having been resized so hopefully it will correct itself. UGH>

There's our sweet little Lily- she looks too much like she is growing up! Tell her to STOP IT RIGHT NOW!! Darling outfit Jeanne!

Here's a fall dress for Lily. I haven't made her official first day of pre-school dress yet but I have the fabric all ready to go. It won't be anything fancy, but I think it will be cute. The pre-school asks that you take "first day of school" photos at the orientation day which is coming up in a couple of weeks. :scared1:

IMG_0591_edited.jpg

>

Cute, Cute, Cute! And the boots are perfect with it!!

I finished Taylor's Magic Kingdom birthday dress today. Once again HeatherSue is my hero (and Marah too). Thank you ladies for coming up with such cute birthday appliques! I don't know what I would do without you!

bdaytwirl2.jpg

That is an AWESOME birthday dress:cool1:! I would think it was my birthday too:banana:! The appliques are . . .WOW:worship:! I LOVE the Mickey balloon; last year, Mollie had to get a balloon at each park. The mickey balloon was of course her favorite (mine too).

Hi Everyone!

We made it home late last night. I had to run and pick up the pets and some food this morning...then I think I'm gonna crawl back into bed for a while!

Thank you so much for sending us prayers and pixie dust (and to Melissa/mommyof3princess for being such a great friend, my link to the outside world and helping me hold together that last bit of my sanity.)

As for the trip...I just don't know what to say. I saw as I scanned through someone mentioned about "disney expectations", etc. I do want to make sure I let everyone know it was NOT anything Disney that impacted our trip! The service was great, the events were phenomenal, loved the shows, had great food. Other than an Ariel and Mulan who were nice but probably not having their best days (kinda running on automatic, y'know?), every character greeting (especially the fuzzy ones, Belle, and amazing Pirates League people!) was phenomenal. We will not return to Pop Century but again, it wasn't a Disney thing, I think it was just our personal preference with the kiddos- nothing was wrong with it, just didn't feel like as good a fit as our last resort- we all have our favorites, right? But that really wasn't anything we had complaints with or that made the trip bad, either. We had some very magical moments, but some very very horrible ones kinda overshadowed the whole thing.

I'm sorry to seem so "vague" but it doesn't seem right to do so over the public boards. I just wanted to make sure you all knew it was NOT Disney (and our little family of seven is strong and holding it together!)

So, it was not anywhere close to what we'd thought would happen, which is the bad news. The "good" is that where before hubby was hemming and hawing over when to return, he now says we have to go back, this needs to be different, and how about December 2010! So off we'll go!

I had hoped to put up a trip report on the report boards (after Aug 7th) but I just don't see how that's possible now without leaving out a ton of stuff and making it seem fakey. I think I will try to find a way to do it (blog with password protection?) so that I can share the good and bad with those who want to hear it, since I feel like you'll all become friends/extended family these past few months! Any suggestions on how to do this (sites that might work, etc) would be greatly appreciated! Then I'll just ask whomever is interested in sharing our trip with us to PM me and I'll pass along the info.

((Hugs)) and thanks so much for all your concern and caring (and I'm off for a nap!)
Love,
Marah and The Husband
Emmy, Lizzie, Hannah, "Phineas" and "Ferb"

:hug::hug::hug:I am so sorry your trip didn't go very well.:hug::hug::hug: I pray that with time the good memories that you had will overshadow the bad ones. But it's GREAT that you're already planning to go back:banana::banana:! I don't know how, but I know that I subscribed to someone's private blog on blogspot.com. The lady initially set up a public blog and then set it to private. Anyone that wanted to have access to it after a certain time limit left comments w/ their email address and she sent out "invites" that included the link and you have to sign in each time to read the blog. This past year she set up a new blog to raise money for March of Dimes. Her triplets were premies and so they always fundraise for March of Dimes. She was able to meet her goal by each person that wanted to "join" the new private blog made a small donation. So I know it's possible; you may want to check out blogspot.com to see how. (I hope all that made sense!)

IMG_0589_edited.jpg

I LOVE THIS:lovestruc I was actually looking at that fabric when I found out I was pregnant for the nursery :)

Of coarse Taylor was convinced today was her birthday when I wanted to try it on her. She was really excited about this one, so forgive me for too many pictures. I was trying to get a decent angle on all the appliques, and she was so happy about the dress. I think I snapped at least 100 pics in just a couple mins time.

I am hoping to finish 3 more outfits before we leave on the 15th.... plus some stuff for the adults.... I have way tooooo much to do and I have to be out of town all next week for work. Hopefully I can get another outfit done before I fly out on Monday.

Bday.jpg

So Cute! Great job! I love all the sets you've been making!

ok ladies, I have proof that I actually finished the Feliz; excuse DD's hair, she just got out of the pool, and would only pose if I promised her these were only the temporary shots LOL.

031-1.jpg

and, of course, the BR shot:
034-1.jpg

I used heidi grace fabrics from Joanns that are, conveniently, not on sale this week. DM, and I were able to split them with our coupons. And to show you I've completely lost my mind, I got fabric for another fall feliz and a Christmas Vida at HL today.

ETA: the hem is actually straight, but it doesn't look that way because her back is arched so much LOL. Also, I was surprised by how little bulk is inside the seams when I serged them. I know y'all who serge all the time already know that, but mines only a month and a half old, and I'm still amazed at how wonderful the inside looks. DD wore the dress to HL today (and pronounced it the best dress ever and won't stop twirling in it; she even gasped when she saw it this morning and jumped up and down, clapping.) and I'm ashamed to say, I showed one other sewer the inside of one of the side seams I was so proud. Sad, but true.

Cute! I love the ruffles.

Thanks! I just love ruffles! Well, I really don't like making ruffles, but I love how they turn out!

Wow! There has been some really great outfits posted yesterday and today. You ladies are making me want to go fabric shopping. (I have plenty of fabric though)

I love the new dresses! Heather those Birthday designs are so cute! I love them.

Here is a little outfit I made for my niece who turned 4 last week. Her party was today and they are going to Disney next month.
Shirt
th_IMG_0279-1.jpg

Shorts
th_IMG_0276-1.jpg

That is really cute!
QUESTION!!!!!!!

A person on another forum posted the coolest picture of something she made...Can I post it here? There are no people in the photos just the objects? I REALLY want you all to see these!!!!

If you ask her first, it's ok.

ok ladies, I have proof that I actually finished the Feliz; excuse DD's hair, she just got out of the pool, and would only pose if I promised her these were only the temporary shots LOL.

th_031-1.jpg

th_034-1.jpg

I used heidi grace fabrics from Joanns that are, conveniently, not on sale this week. DM, and I were able to split them with our coupons. And to show you I've completely lost my mind, I got fabric for another fall feliz and a Christmas Vida at HL today.

ETA: the hem is actually straight, but it doesn't look that way because her back is arched so much LOL. Also, I was surprised by how little bulk is inside the seams when I serged them. I know y'all who serge all the time already know that, but mines only a month and a half old, and I'm still amazed at how wonderful the inside looks. DD wore the dress to HL today (and pronounced it the best dress ever and won't stop twirling in it; she even gasped when she saw it this morning and jumped up and down, clapping.) and I'm ashamed to say, I showed one other sewer the inside of one of the side seams I was so proud. Sad, but true.

WOW!!! That is so pretty!!! :worship: I love it!

I am back and guess what I even completed a sun dress for me and what was supposed to be a dress for Baby Abby. I will post pics tomorrow. I am making another dress for Abby since Madi claimed the other one.:rotfl:

Ladies I have been watching this thread with wonder at all that you guys accomplish. I sew but I am mostly into quilts and costumes for a local high school.

I have a big favor. A few weeks ago you had a couple of lline drawings of Mickey and Minnie sitting at a soda fountain. I wanted to print it out but now I can't find it. Could anyone telll me how to find it. Thanks

Keep up the good work

Ladies I have been watching this thread with wonder at all that you guys accomplish. I sew but I am mostly into quilts and costumes for a local high school.

I have a big favor. A few weeks ago you had a couple of lline drawings of Mickey and Minnie sitting at a soda fountain. I wanted to print it out but now I can't find it. Could anyone telll me how to find it. Thanks

Keep up the good work

That was Emcreative, Marah that posted that. I don't know if she put it in the group Photobucket or not, you could try there, or search this thread for her posts. Or, you might get lucky and she'll post it again!

Ok, I'm just about ready to start a new thread, we need some posts people!!

GO GO GO!!!

Hi LisaZoe

When you do your larger appliques how do you attach the larger pieces without them puckering...I did a Minnie one a while back and I noticed where I fused larger pieces of fabric on, they were a little lumpy? Can't think of the right word...maybe orange peely? Do you think my iron was too hot...that is the only thing I can think of. I have a huge Pirate Mickey applique that I have been working on...and I'm afraid to get started...LOL
Thank you! I have to admit I'm not a fan of the 'cuties' but I'm definitely changing my mind now that this dress is done.

IMG_0582_edited.jpg

So adorable, she really is growing up, doesn't look like a baby anymore !!

Of coarse Taylor was convinced today was her birthday when I wanted to try it on her. She was really excited about this one, so forgive me for too many pictures. I was trying to get a decent angle on all the appliques, and she was so happy about the dress. I think I snapped at least 100 pics in just a couple mins time.

I am hoping to finish 3 more outfits before we leave on the 15th.... plus some stuff for the adults.... I have way tooooo much to do and I have to be out of town all next week for work. Hopefully I can get another outfit done before I fly out on Monday.

Bday.jpg

Love this, stunning, you do fantastic work !!!
Welcome back Marah, I have been thinking about you, and hated to hear your trip wasn't going well. Get some rest. I can't wait to hear about your trip (especially the good parts, but I just hate you had bad parts too). I can't wait until Aug 7th when you can show us some pictures of the whole family!

Sorry you didn't have the magical trip you were wishing for, just let us know if there is anything we can do.:grouphug:

031-1.jpg

034-1.jpg

Love your fabric choices, how many hours did that gorgeous creation take? Looks like she really loves it, and love the butt ruffles !!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!