Disboutiquers Part 15 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew

All Righty FOLKS!!! It's that time again!!!

Let's put on some dancing music,

lilo_play_record_hello.gif

how about Jailhouse Rock?

elvis-in-action-web.gif

and boogey on over to our new thread!!!!
108739ewky9fry7m.gif
poohbeedance.gif
lumierdance.gif
Lilo___stitch_dance_Hello.gif
animdance_divider.gif

dancing-penguins.gif
ANTI_TWEETY_DANCE3.gif
ANTI_DANCING_BLKGRANNY.gif
ShebaDanceWalk.gif
6826_dancing-spidey.gif

6823_dancing-elmo.gif
6875_napolean.gif
6816_chicken-little-dancing.gif
junglebook_animated.gif
tigger_piglet_dance_animated.gif

To move your quotes to the new thread, just act like you are going to reply here, (click quote) but copy your entire reply and paste it on the new thread. Your quotes won't follow you to the new thread automatically, you have to do it.

Ok, here is the new thread:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=32872772#post32872772

All Righty FOLKS!!! It's that time again!!!

Let's put on some dancing music,

lilo_play_record_hello.gif

how about Jailhouse Rock?

elvis-in-action-web.gif

and boogey on over to our new thread!!!!
108739ewky9fry7m.gif
poohbeedance.gif
lumierdance.gif
Lilo___stitch_dance_Hello.gif
animdance_divider.gif

dancing-penguins.gif
ANTI_TWEETY_DANCE3.gif
ANTI_DANCING_BLKGRANNY.gif
ShebaDanceWalk.gif
6826_dancing-spidey.gif

6823_dancing-elmo.gif
6875_napolean.gif
6816_chicken-little-dancing.gif
junglebook_animated.gif
tigger_piglet_dance_animated.gif

To move your quotes to the new thread, just act like you are going to reply here, (click quote) but copy your entire reply and paste it on the new thread. Your quotes won't follow you to the new thread automatically, you have to do it.

Ok, here is the new thread:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=32872772#post32872772

Is Lilo topless?????

Ladies I have been watching this thread with wonder at all that you guys accomplish. I sew but I am mostly into quilts and costumes for a local high school.

I have a big favor. A few weeks ago you had a couple of lline drawings of Mickey and Minnie sitting at a soda fountain. I wanted to print it out but now I can't find it. Could anyone telll me how to find it. Thanks

Keep up the good work

Here's the one I made:
50sminmick.jpg

Love all the butt ruffles!

Here are a couple of my favorites.
Disneyoutfits2009006.jpg

Disneyoutfits2009010.jpg

Love those!!!

Feliz- Studio Tantrum/Farbenmix....
Here's mine. I dont have a full length shot of her in the dress, she wore it last sunday to church,minus the petti, which she wore on Easter (thanks to livndisney)
my contribution to ruffled butts!

always bugs me I forgot to topstitch the bottom ruffle, but now Im too lazy to go back and fix it

slightly different angle (we're trying to get to 250 right?)

Oh and I was told by someone that there used to be a quilt pattern that was Cinderella's castle, I stopped into the shop that used to sell it and some snobby older woman looked at my like I had 2 heads when I asked, I then told her who sent me and if she knew what I was talking about and she then said yes, they did have it in the past, but not now and turned back to her convo with another sales person. Thats one thing I really dislike about living in Fairfield COunty, CT- is how uppity people can be.

Anywho- if anyone out there comes across an old pattern for Cinderella's castle, please let me and Toadstool know (I assume you are still open to castles Kira?)

Im still thinking of doing the one I bought, but it will take a while and I have something else planned for the short term.

Sooo cute!

Thanks Karen! I have been FaceBookin it lately!;)
I did make this handbag today for my SIL
Robynsbag004.jpg

I love that bag!

One of Leighanna's favorite Halloween costumes.
Alice006.jpg

And this CASED from Jeanne!
BoPeep001-1.jpg

Bo peep is still one of my faves!

So completely awesome!

Those pictures were so cute! I can't believe someone with you rushed you past the R. Oh well, just have to go back and take a pic, right?

OMG, you are so going to think I CASEd you in about a week. I've been working on something sort of similar for our trip. I hope mine turns out half as nicely as yours did!

Thanks so much! I can't wait to see yours!

Sorry for the bad pictures. I borrowed my mom's camera, and had trouble using it indoors. Here is my very first Simply Sweet. I like it for the most part. Can someone tell me if I shrink the bodice width will I not be able to pull it over her head? I don't like how wide it is. I love the way it is put together though, so I see why you all love it so much. I had a heck of a time putting in the serger tucks. They are rolled hems. The fabric I used was some cheap fabric from Wal Mart and the grain was very crooked. The serger wanted to go on the grain and it was a mess. I think I mad 6 bodices to finally get one that looked decent. I tried it again today on some higher thread count fabric and it was much better. This was supposed to be my test dress though! I plan on making some more out of some character fabrics. I'm hoping I can shrink the bodice at least a couple of inches. What do you think?? If you look closely you can see my gathering threads. I am glad I left them in. I need to go back and undo the skirt because part of the bodice is ravelling in the back. I serged it, but I guess I didn't catch it right or something.. :eek: I took a couple pictures to show what I mean by it being big.
DSC00704.jpg

DSC00715.jpg

DSC00741.jpg

DSC00746.jpg

DSC00748.jpg

DSC00749.jpg

DSC00750.jpg

I think it looks fine!

I got this dress in the mail a week or so ago. My MIL has been telling me about this dress for about a year now, so I was thrilled to get it in. She is a seamstress and sews for others for her income. I just wanted to share with you guys because I know a few of you love smocking as much as I do!
She told me she hated doing bullion roses, so I was thrilled when I saw she actually put them on the dress. What a labor of love! She even put them on the buttons. The dress is already tight fitting in the bodice, so I hope she doesn't grow that way for a while!
If anyone knows of an online sash bow tutorial with pictures please let me know! I used to use a magazine I had everytime I tie a sash, but I can't find it! :eek:
DSC00756.jpg

DSC00765.jpg

Beautiful!

Oh, cute!

Love this!

Love this! Perfect gift.

Sooo cute!

Hey, that's ok; we're up too! Can't wait to see pics

Woohoooooo! And it's adorable; I admit, I too love the butt ruffle

Cute!

Love the shirts!

That Snow White is definitely a fave of mine!

Cute!

Thanks!

Here's what I got done last night. I've had the AK outfit done for a while just needed to do the applique. I like the finished product but HATED the pattern I used. I will never use that one again! Thanks HeatherSue for the great appliques!
100_2028.jpg
100_2031.jpg
100_2033.jpg

100_2035.jpg

Great job!

Ilove these outfits i have never seen such a cute Tinkerbelle your daughter is precious it looks so darling on her she has such a sweet face i bet Tinkerbelle will love her shes adorable.

Aww you are so sweet! Thank you so much!

Hi Everyone!

We made it home late last night. I had to run and pick up the pets and some food this morning...then I think I'm gonna crawl back into bed for a while!

Thank you so much for sending us prayers and pixie dust (and to Melissa/mommyof3princess for being such a great friend, my link to the outside world and helping me hold together that last bit of my sanity.)

As for the trip...I just don't know what to say. I saw as I scanned through someone mentioned about "disney expectations", etc. I do want to make sure I let everyone know it was NOT anything Disney that impacted our trip! The service was great, the events were phenomenal, loved the shows, had great food. Other than an Ariel and Mulan who were nice but probably not having their best days (kinda running on automatic, y'know?), every character greeting (especially the fuzzy ones, Belle, and amazing Pirates League people!) was phenomenal. We will not return to Pop Century but again, it wasn't a Disney thing, I think it was just our personal preference with the kiddos- nothing was wrong with it, just didn't feel like as good a fit as our last resort- we all have our favorites, right? But that really wasn't anything we had complaints with or that made the trip bad, either. We had some very magical moments, but some very very horrible ones kinda overshadowed the whole thing.

I'm sorry to seem so "vague" but it doesn't seem right to do so over the public boards. I just wanted to make sure you all knew it was NOT Disney (and our little family of seven is strong and holding it together!)

So, it was not anywhere close to what we'd thought would happen, which is the bad news. The "good" is that where before hubby was hemming and hawing over when to return, he now says we have to go back, this needs to be different, and how about December 2010! So off we'll go!

I had hoped to put up a trip report on the report boards (after Aug 7th) but I just don't see how that's possible now without leaving out a ton of stuff and making it seem fakey. I think I will try to find a way to do it (blog with password protection?) so that I can share the good and bad with those who want to hear it, since I feel like you'll all become friends/extended family these past few months! Any suggestions on how to do this (sites that might work, etc) would be greatly appreciated! Then I'll just ask whomever is interested in sharing our trip with us to PM me and I'll pass along the info.

((Hugs)) and thanks so much for all your concern and caring (and I'm off for a nap!)
Love,
Marah and The Husband
Emmy, Lizzie, Hannah, "Phineas" and "Ferb"

Marah, I am so sad for you that your trip had bad moments! I will keep you and yours in my prayers! I know that you all where looking forward to this trip and I hate that it didn't turn out as expected! :hug::hug:

That is cute! What size hoop do you have? I'm trying to decide if it's worth buying PED Basic if I can only do designs up to 4"x4" or if I could really do larger designs with a larger hoop - even if it means working in sections 4"x4". I wish now that I'd returned the Brother I bought last fall and spent a bit more for a Singer Futura since it wouldn't have required a separate purchase to be able to download new designs.

Ok, please don't laugh, but just discovered this thread. I am sewing impaired and would love to know how you were able to do this shirt in lamen's terms. I would love to have something similar for our upcoming trip. Thanks.

Ok ladies I am in awe for sure...we're heading to Disneyland with the kids (their first trip) in October...I'd love them to have outfits for every day we're there...am just having a hard time affording them all and I'm a barely novice sewer at best...

is there a good place to get Disney Customs Resells? I have 2 little girls sizes 4/5 and 6/7 and then a neice size 8 and 2 nephews sizes 8 and 10...was thinking for the boys just some jedi mickey shirts, and maybe a pirate mickey one. for the girls I want nice princess dresses like the ones you all make...fancy...anywhere particular I should look. I've tried eBay and etsy...anywhere else?

my mom sews, but is on a cruise and won't have enough time or energy as it turns out to make them dresses or twirl skirts like I wanted for the princess dinner we're doing.

Also would love to see fall mickey ideas as we'll be going in fall... :)Thanks for any help.

Tori

Ok ladies I am in awe for sure...we're heading to Disneyland with the kids (their first trip) in October...I'd love them to have outfits for every day we're there...am just having a hard time affording them all and I'm a barely novice sewer at best...

is there a good place to get Disney Customs Resells? I have 2 little girls sizes 4/5 and 6/7 and then a neice size 8 and 2 nephews sizes 8 and 10...was thinking for the boys just some jedi mickey shirts, and maybe a pirate mickey one. for the girls I want nice princess dresses like the ones you all make...fancy...anywhere particular I should look. I've tried eBay and etsy...anywhere else?

my mom sews, but is on a cruise and won't have enough time or energy as it turns out to make them dresses or twirl skirts like I wanted for the princess dinner we're doing.

Also would love to see fall mickey ideas as we'll be going in fall... :)Thanks for any help.

Tori

We are now on thread 17, if you want you should probably repost there for an answer: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2267791

Our first year I bought an autograph book but the last two years I just took pre-cut white card stock and put it on a clipboard. When I got home, I scrapbooked the autographs into the album. I only put a few cards on the small clipboard and then kept blanks and signed ones in a ziploc baggie to avoid them getting wet. Each night I would date the back of the autographs from that day so I could match things up later and then would leave them in the room so I wasn't carrying them around the parks. I only have one DD so I didn't have to worry about how many sets. I think I pre-cut/bought 80 pieces of cardstock.

Another option could be the autograph books I started making for the Big Give Wish kids. They have gone over very well with the families and at the parks from the reports I have read. I use chipboard for the front and back cover of the book. Then I use adhesive pre-cut cardstock from Michaels/AC Moore. Then I place an unlined index card on each piece of cardstock and decorate. I hook it all together with rings. Then when you get home you just peel off the back and stick it in. I only do about 15-20 pages though per book and do the main characters they may see and blanks. They are easy to do. Here are some photos. Good luck!

IMG_6714.jpg

IMG_6717.jpg

IMG_0685.jpg

IMG_6716.jpg

EHRMAGEHRD. I know I'm bumping an old post but I HAVE A CRUSH on this autograph book idea! I actually stumbled into this thread google searching for an Aurora costume pattern, and now I have found THE HOLY GRAIL of homemade autograph books! This is the best! This will set me up to make a table-top book of our trip SO WELL!

I LOVE YOU, STRANGER! IN A TOTALLY NON CREEPY WAY!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter