Disboutiquers Part 19 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The test skirt for size 3/4 and a second variation of the pattern:

hula_ruffle1.jpg

hula_ruffle3.jpg

Another skirt to test size 7/8. I'm very pleased with how this came out so I'm going to try a 10/12. I was worried that the ruffles would become too long but I think they still have the look I want at this length (I've decided I really prefer the rolled hem on the ruffles but I wanted to try one with a regular hem).

jane_ruffle1.jpg

jane_ruffle2.jpg

One more variation to test as well as the test for size 10/12.
Hey Lisa- Those would fit Hannah and Sophee perfectly! Do you want to send them to us to model? :dance3: This really is a darling skirt and I can't wait for the pattern. Great Job!

Love the skirt Lisa!!! Email me when it's ready, I volunteer to be your first customer!!!

Hey! I just realized we're on page 249...is it time to move already?

Here are a couple pictures of my A-line. Please excuse the crazy faces DD is making. She can be quite silly sometimes!

03142010002.jpg

03142010001.jpg

crossing my fingers that this actually works:goodvibes

Lisa those skirts are amazing!!! :thumbsup2

Page 249???? :yay: I am looking for my moving buddy....anyone need a moving buddy? :rolleyes1

Here are a couple pictures of my A-line. Please excuse the crazy faces DD is making. She can be quite silly sometimes!

03142010002.jpg

03142010001.jpg

Good job and cute pics...i can just hear the "Cheese" coming through that silly smile. :)

Stitch on Time. She took all her designs down today. She said she was going through them all and will put the non copyrighted ones back up.....

So, my question is... does Disney sell the designs themself? I haven't seen them if they do. Or is it that they do not want us to make clothes with the designs on them?

(I have terrible visions of the 'Disney police' checking all customs as we come in to see if we have anything 'bootlegged'! LOL)

I suppose, from now on we should limit the use of names of the sites...can you tell I am already in a bad mood??!?? Now THIS!!
Nini

BUMMER!! I has a wishlist going too :mad:

We just arrived home from our first Disney Cruise and here is a picture of the outfits that Lisa made for my kids for the Pirates in the Caribbean Party...

557427.jpg
Great outfits and glad you guys had a fun cruise! The kids look so cute in all the pics!

Here is a picture of the corset I made for DGD. She just wore a peasant type shirt underneath it and wore her petti.
image610.jpg
Love the corsets! Thanks for the instructions - I may have to give that one a go!

Just completed outfits for yinyanggirls Big Give. I used the same fabrics as before for Sea World outfits.
for Phoebe (Wish Child):
P3140691.jpg

for Tessa (little sister)
P3140689.jpg

together:
These are too sweet! The girls will love them!

Love them both - but it is too funny, cause I just made a tink-inspired dress for my cousin's daughter that is a simply sweet top with petal skirt (mine is purple, though!) I will post pics soon...great minds think alike!:thumbsup2

Welcome Baby Carly!!
So sorry about the rest of her family, but this angel is just precious....

Great pic of you and the girls, Anita! And I love the blinged shirts!

DH tore his calf muscle in MMA class Friday night
Hope your hubby is doing ok....:hug:

tvmingirl - Moving from Hawaii to Chicago? Yipes. Will your husband be an instructor at boot camp? It was the suprprise of our lives :scared1: when our younger son told us he wanted to enlist in the Navy. After getting over the shock we've supported him totally and went to his "graduation" at Great Lakes Naval Training Command in Chicago. Very impressive ceremony.

And, the air fare to WDW has got to be a LOT cheaper than from Hawaii!:woohoo:
Sorry I missed this earlier... Oh wow I hope the transition from Paradise to Chicago isn't too much of a shock, LOL (at least you don't have to pay high shipping costs, and getting to WDW is cheaper). Where are you from originally? Or I guess I should ask, what kind of weather did you grow up in? Because our weather changes with the wind, but winter is generally pretty brutal. Last summer was unseasonably cold with the funky climate change and shift in weather patterns - and our winter was actually warmer overall - but more extreme. Will you be on base, or residential? Maybe we should PM a bit ;) I'm in the FW burbs in an equestrian farm community that hit a bit of the xurban sprawl during the boom, just outside of Naperville. I love it - LOVE IT! Kind of the best of both worlds, nice close community feel and new schools, but our costs are a wee bit more contained unlike properties inside/closer to the belt or up North.

It is going to be a huge change for us - we have lived in Hawaii for five years, but before that we lived in Fredericksburg, VA (Washington, DC area) and I grew up in West Virginia, so at least we are used to snow (Even if we haven't seen it in a while...). I am not looking forward to the climate change, but am thrilled hubby will be on shore duty for a while - five years of sea duty is a long time! He will be teaching at the A/C schools, which is advanced specialty training after boot camp. He will actually be home most nights - yay!

Above H2O, my hubby shocked his mom when he enlisted, too! Hadn't mentioned the military at all, had been planning on going to culinary school, and decided to join when his friend did! Best decision he ever made - he has been in almost 14 years now (and I have been around for 7 of those years). It is not always an easy way of life for a family, but we enjoy it.

We are planning to live in the Ft. Sheridan community, which is base housing, cause it is supposed to have the best schools. If anybody knows any good pre-schools, though, please let me know. My daughter goes to school here twice a week and I would like to keep that schedule or go to three days a week. Kittycat, thanks for the pm and I will definitely be pm'ing you back - It is great to find out about the area before we get there!

I will be in and out over the next couple weeks, ladies - my mom and dad are coming for a visit and we are thrilled! I pick them up from the airport in a couple hours and I can't wait!

I finally recieved my Vida pattery & I'm ready to dive in, but I have a few questions.

I am very fond of the butt ruffles. (not the side ruffles) I can't modify that much yet.

Where do you start these butt ruffles on the back? Do you put them on before you sew the back & front together like the ones on the front of the dress?.

th_hula_ruffle1.jpg
th_hula_ruffle3.jpg

Another skirt to test size 7/8. I'm very pleased with how this came out so I'm going to try a 10/12. I was worried that the ruffles would become too long but I think they still have the look I want at this length (I've decided I really prefer the rolled hem on the ruffles but I wanted to try one with a regular hem).
th_jane_ruffle1.jpg
th_jane_ruffle2.jpg

Lisa, these are my favorites you have EVER done!!! I am so jealous of that Michael Miller hula fabric. I can't find any anywhere! I think the bottom one would be totally appropriate for us big girls, especially if we reduced the butt ruffles to just the bottom one or two. It looks so different in the longer versions....cute and sassy for the little sizes/girls and very grown-up for the big girls! I see this being a big hit for you :)

I NEED A MOVING BUDDY TOO!!!!!

03142010002.jpg

03142010001.jpg

Love the A-lines. My 1st dreses were A-lines. They are so easy once you get the hang of them. I try (but I'm a little ADHD) to coordinate my fabrics so that I can just flip it over if she gets one side dirty when we are out. Then she still matches her shirt & shoes.

Do you tell her say cheese? My DD does that too & then you can't get her to smile right after that.

She has all these weird thing she says, including cheese, fuzzy pickles, and such. She's quite a character.

So, what is a good next step for me after the A-line? I still need something relatively simple. Any suggestions???

hula_ruffle1.jpg

hula_ruffle3.jpg

jane_ruffle1.jpg

jane_ruffle2.jpg

:worship::worship::worship:
Love them, love them, love them.
Please just keep on going up in sizes. Maybe you can publish your modifications & I can buy them when I can sew better. DDprincess: will be about those sizes by then. :banana:

Ugh! I found some designs that would work for my Dwarfs....and after seeing Claire's FB post went to make sure they were still there...nope!

Stupid copyright stuff!!!!!!

Nini

Some of the other designers are so much more expensive than HS. It would cost me a fortune to get all of the dwarfs with some of the other sites mentioned! :scared1:

hula_ruffle1.jpg

hula_ruffle3.jpg

jane_ruffle1.jpg

jane_ruffle2.jpg

Lisa - WAAAAAyyyy TOO CUTE!!

She has all these weird thing she says, including cheese, fuzzy pickles, and such. She's quite a character.

So, what is a good next step for me after the A-line? I still need something relatively simple. Any suggestions???

Put an applique on them. That is where I went next. Then I went on to a peasant dress. You can do a lot with a peasant pattern. I'm venturing into the Vida now. Cross your fingers.

Toadstool - I didn't consider the ladybug patchwork because they were just long strips. I didn't cut out squares and I didn't use a ruffler foot for the ladybug. I used a ruffler and cut the squares this time. But thanks for remembering my ladybug - Juliet is wearing that April 3rd for my cousins wedding. I have to modify the straps though because it still looks way to big if I keep it as a halter. I will take pics of what I do because I think if it works I will make more like it.

hula_ruffle1.jpg

hula_ruffle3.jpg

jane_ruffle1.jpg

See you around! Hugz!
jane_ruffle2.jpg

Lisa, I love it! Are you submitting this to YCMT? Or just selling it on the Et sy site? I adore it!
I really want to know how the pattern process went for you... I am drafting some of mine and really would love to hear about your experience with it.

03142010002.jpg

03142010001.jpg

Adorable! and so is the little princess and her big smile!

I love A line dresses!~ Great job!

I STARTED A NEW THREAD! STOP POSTING HERE AND START POSTING THERE!!!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=35838495#post35838495

In case you're a newbie, these threads are closed at 250 pages. So, we have to start a new one every time we hit 250.

NOW I FEEL LIKE I NEED TO KEEP WRITING IN BIG RED LETTERS SO THAT PEOPLE WILL NOTICE THIS!
LA DEE DEE DAH DAH...
I'M WRITING IN BIG RED LETTERS...
SO THIS MEANS YOU HAVE TO SEE IT...
LA DEE DEE DEE DEE...
POST HERE NOW:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=35838495#post35838495

WHILE I'M AT IT, HAVE YOU VOTED FOR TERESA JOHNSON FOR SEWING IDOL TODAY? HERE'S THE LINK:
http://ck.upickem.net/engine/Details.aspx?p=V&c=12907&s=3102222&i=1&r=159158

VOTE EVERY DAY!!! MAKE YOUR HUSBAND VOTE EVERY DAY, TOO. DON'T FORGET YOUR MOM, YOUR TEENAGE CHILDREN, ETC...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter