Disboutiquers Part 21 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Teresa and Heather. I am so glad that I have until November to get these done!!!! I am now rethinking the whole thing and pondering just doing dresses. Not as versatile after the trip though...that was why I was pondering the pants sets originally anyway, because they could just be a more "normal" outfit after the trip. Decisions, decisions....

McDuck - the baby dress is adorable. Can't wait to see the generation picture!!

Caitsmama - Such cute dresses. Can we see a picture of the matching purse??

I finally have some pictures to post! We were having problems with our computer and ended up getting a new one. I have a bunch more things I have to take pictures of, or have taken pictures and they are on my other camera.
The first burp cloth I ever appliqued...for my first and only niece
th_DSC_7660.jpg

Some burp cloths and a bib I embroidered for my sister...
th_DSC_8225.jpg

My first Cathy dress...Claire's is the same but in hot pink. They will wear these to my cousin's wedding the end of August.
th_DSC_8228.jpg

Molly's dress for Animal Kingdom in November. I still need to finish the bottom edge, but am waiting until closer to the trip to make sure she doesn't have a growth spurt. I want to just hem it, but may need to add a ruffle if she grows too much!
th_DSC_8280.jpg

th_DSC_8281.jpg

th_DSC_8283.jpg

This is Heathersue's Daisy design. Claire's will be similar but has a 5x7 Minnie with Cheetah print on the bodice and cheetah print straps. Hopefully I'll get it done today so I can take pictures and post it. I have it all cut out and the applique done, I just have to assemble it.

I'm trying to get a bunch done in the next couple days, but am delivering our baby boy on Thursday, if not before then. I need to clean this house, but am more interested in sewing than anything else!:rotfl2:

First of all....I really like the burp cloths. I worked on burp cloths all weekend too (doing just the embroidery part...putting them together is another day's project...LOL). I am making them with a free pattern from YCMT so they will be a little different. I like the way you added the ribbon...great idea.

The AK dress is super cute (I love that you made Daisy's clothes the animal print too...CUTE!!).

But......my favorite is the Cathy dress. I love the colors and that little ones smile just made me happy!!

Love all the creations!! Job well done!!:worship: On a scale from 1-10 10 being the most difficult, how difficult would you say the Cathy dress is to sew?

I would say the first time a 5 or above...after that no problem...its a 2-3 maybe.

I finished my older daughter's AK dress. Boy am I glad! Everything that could go wrong, did :headache: I think it took twice as long as it needed to take. But it is finished now!

th_IMG_1516.jpg

Here is the twirl factor. I wish the sun had not messed up the picture!
th_IMG_1527.jpg

However long it took you....it was sooooo worth it!! It is precious.

For fun I did matching headbands for my DD and I

5047_110121945972_631255972_3298891_3423931_n.jpg

I took the freebie bags my mom got at a conference and turned them into beach bags for the kids.

5047_110119845972_631255972_3298865_2243305_n.jpg

5047_110119855972_631255972_3298866_7892014_n.jpg

Headbands and totes are so cute. Great job.

38096_1454176749059_1072505523_1310905_7499444_n.jpg

Here is Gabriel in the Make-A-Wish outfit on Saturday!

He is just soooooo sweet! Adorable picture of both of you!

I finished my older daughter's AK dress. Boy am I glad! Everything that could go wrong, did :headache: I think it took twice as long as it needed to take. But it is finished now!

IMG_1516.jpg

Here is the twirl factor. I wish the sun had not messed up the picture!
IMG_1527.jpg

This turned out so great! I just LOVE it!

I went with purple and pink, mainly because I liked the looks of it more than the wine and pink. No one had any doubt who she was.
And, since Heather mentioned it, I'll post the video!

(phew, that took awhile to find!)

!!!

I just LOVE watching that video! i need to buy the fabric so i can make those. Are there any Walmarts around here that sell fabric anymore? What about Portage?

This turned out so great! I just LOVE it!

I just LOVE watching that video! i need to buy the fabric so i can make those. Are there any Walmarts around here that sell fabric anymore? What about Portage?

Thanks everyone! I just love that video too!

Well, I haven't been anywere in about 5 weeks, but I'm pretty sure the Walmart in Three Rivers still has fabric. And, last I went the Shaver Rd. one did, but Heather heads that way more frequently than I do, so she might know. The one on 9th st did not too many months ago, but I haven't been there in quite awhile either.

No matter how many times I watch that video, it never fails to make me laugh. "ANASTAAAAASIAAAAA!!!!" :rotfl2:

What a great picture of you and Gabriel. I love that outfit and matching hat, it came out so cute, when did you have time to sew?. I'm glad your Make a Wish event went well and I'm sure it will get bigger in the years to come. What a great tribute to your beautiful son Levi.

AHHHHH I was worried this would happen, this weekend I was showing my girls the outfits I have planned for them. My oldest said to me and I quote (try to imagine a 12 year old voice here, anyone who has girl around this age will get this) "those are way cute mom, but we are taking normal clothes too right?" WHAT?????? I knew it was too good to be true that she would want to wear all the cute customs I had planned, so now I am trying to figure out how to teenify( I know so not a word) all her outfits, but still have her match the other four kids somehow:confused3
I did tell her she was not getting out of all of them though, because I already have a few of them cut just waiting to be sewn, so she has no choice there, but the others I will try to work with. Why do they grow up?
The silver lining, at least my other DD is still ok with the outfits i had planned:lovestruc, and oldest DD decided to tell me this before I had spent hours sewing hers:confused3.
Yikes, I hope you can figure something out. It seems all the tween clothes in the stores look like twirl skirts with matching shirts that have "bling" on them. Good luck!

For fun I did matching headbands for my DD and I

I took the freebie bags my mom got at a conference and turned them into beach bags for the kids.
Love the headbands and the beach bags, great ideas.

Teresajoy - That video is still great no matter how many times I watch it, maybe you should add it to the bookmarks! :thumbsup2

Such a great pic! I may not post alot here, but I read along everyday....and I'm so happy for you guys!

Well, I've taken over my dining room, I've got tees hanging from the chandelier and girls outfits hanging from the china hutch!

Here's the start of the girls outfits, lot of tops, I figured I'll go back and do the shorts/skirts at the end if I have time....get ready for lots of pics (I've been stockpiling!)

068.jpg

061.jpg

063.jpg

065.jpg

066.jpg

062.jpg

I'm so glad you all got me over the fear of the simply sweet 100 page pattern. It obviously has become the outfit of this vacation, so versitile and simple! I love it.....next the boy tees!

:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

Look.... you made me smile.

I'm not sure what else to say.

You guys are adorable. I hope all is well. You deserve all the happiness in the world.

And if you didn't notice, yes that's my embroidery 61count thread holder in my china hutch! Moved the china to make room for thread! My entire dining room table has been taken over....thank goodness we have a dining room that we NEVER use.

Here's my son's tees
073.jpg

072.jpg

The mickey prince charming was very small for the 6x10 hoop, I'm not sure why, but it's much, much smaller than all the other shirts...

071.jpg

070.jpg

069.jpg

Still need to add his name to a few of them. And the cool thing was I found glow in the dark thread and used it for the eyes in some of the shirts. So COOL. It's pretty creapy looking. I thought that would be a good selling point to an almost 8yo boy when I'm asking him to wearing a prince charming cutie! It worked!

I've got about 5 more shirts for him. And lots more for the girls....the clock is ticking....I just got my 2gallon ziplocs delivered today....anxious to see if the shirts fit in them.

Such a great pic! I may not post alot here, but I read along everyday....and I'm so happy for you guys!

Well, I've taken over my dining room, I've got tees hanging from the chandelier and girls outfits hanging from the china hutch!

Here's the start of the girls outfits, lot of tops, I figured I'll go back and do the shorts/skirts at the end if I have time....get ready for lots of pics (I've been stockpiling!)

068.jpg

061.jpg

063.jpg

065.jpg

066.jpg

062.jpg

I'm so glad you all got me over the fear of the simply sweet 100 page pattern. It obviously has become the outfit of this vacation, so versitile and simple! I love it.....next the boy tees!

WOW - I am so impressed by how much you have done!!! They are all really cute.

HELP PLEASE

I know I don't post much but I LOVE reading along and getting ideas. I am having an issue I hope you ladies might be able to help with.

I need to make a Peter Pan costume for my little one and cannot find a pattern. The old simplicity one only goes down to size 3 and my little guy is still about a sixe 1 or 1/2.

Last year I made him the pinocchio costume

100_3045.jpg

I used a baby overalls pattern, added the top half of a vest from YCMT and made the hat pattern from a Peter pan costume.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I could put together a peter pan costume in the same way? Do you think I could make up the tunic top? OR do you think I could size down the simplicity pattern???? Any advice from you experts?? Thanks in advance!

Hey everybody! It's been forever since I've been on. And while this question is not sewing related, you guys always know everything! So I thought I'd come here first and ask!

Does anyone know how much ticket prices went up for WDW? I heard they were going to go up 8/1 but I forgot to look and see how much they went up. Now I don't know what the price was before 8/1 - does anyone else?

Hey everybody! It's been forever since I've been on. And while this question is not sewing related, you guys always know everything! So I thought I'd come here first and ask!

Does anyone know how much ticket prices went up for WDW? I heard they were going to go up 8/1 but I forgot to look and see how much they went up. Now I don't know what the price was before 8/1 - does anyone else?

I don't think the price went up.

:love::love::love::love::love::love: I just love this picture of the two of you Alicia!!! So so sweet!!!

068.jpg

061.jpg

063.jpg

065.jpg

066.jpg

062.jpg

Oh my goodness, I will say you have been quite busy!!! I love them all but I think my favorite is that first pirate one..I love it. I need that design...LOL!

And if you didn't notice, yes that's my embroidery 61count thread holder in my china hutch! Moved the china to make room for thread! My entire dining room table has been taken over....thank goodness we have a dining room that we NEVER use.

Here's my son's tees
073.jpg

072.jpg

The mickey prince charming was very small for the 6x10 hoop, I'm not sure why, but it's much, much smaller than all the other shirts...

071.jpg

070.jpg

069.jpg

Still need to add his name to a few of them. And the cool thing was I found glow in the dark thread and used it for the eyes in some of the shirts. So COOL. It's pretty creapy looking. I thought that would be a good selling point to an almost 8yo boy when I'm asking him to wearing a prince charming cutie! It worked!

I've got about 5 more shirts for him. And lots more for the girls....the clock is ticking....I just got my 2gallon ziplocs delivered today....anxious to see if the shirts fit in them.
Wow wow wow, again, you have been quite busy. I love all these ones you did for your son too!! He is gonna look so cool wearing all these!

HELP PLEASE

I know I don't post much but I LOVE reading along and getting ideas. I am having an issue I hope you ladies might be able to help with.

I need to make a Peter Pan costume for my little one and cannot find a pattern. The old simplicity one only goes down to size 3 and my little guy is still about a sixe 1 or 1/2.

100_3045.jpg

I used a baby overalls pattern, added the top half of a vest from YCMT and made the hat pattern from a Peter pan costume.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I could put together a peter pan costume in the same way? Do you think I could make up the tunic top? OR do you think I could size down the simplicity pattern???? Any advice from you experts?? Thanks in advance!
Sorry I can't help ya much on the Peter Pan costume, but i just had to say that I LOVE that pinnocchio outfit. What size is that?? LOL......jk.

:eek: Did you say price INCREASE??? Yikes, I do not like the sound of that!!!

Question:

Should I do a Minnie dress for a 16 mo old in all dots and white pettiskirt and bloomers or with the black bodice and red/white dots for the sleeves and skirt with the white coller and bloomers? I think Minnie is in all dots in the park but Minnie stuffed animals where the last design. I am torn! Please help!:confused3

Jalyn - Your clothes are amazing! The girls dresses have beautiful fabrics that coordinate. I love the Yoda Stitch on the boy's shirts! Fantastic Job!:cheer2:

HELP PLEASE

100_3045.jpg

I would make a bowling shirt and rag out the ends and the same with easy fit pants. Make both in green. Or if it is warm enough just do a long sophie and rag the end. Make hat, Belt it and be done.

I am so excited that this worked out like I had hoped! I wanted the apron separate so she could choose how she wanted to wear it after the trip.

IMG_1530.jpg

IMG_1532.jpg

IMG_1535.jpg

I didn't want to tie the apron on so I used buttons!
IMG_1538.jpg

Can you tell I am excited? After all the trouble I had with the AK one this weekend it was nice to have this turn out.

I am so excited that this worked out like I had hoped! I wanted the apron separate so she could choose how she wanted to wear it after the trip.

IMG_1530.jpg

IMG_1532.jpg

IMG_1535.jpg

I didn't want to tie the apron on so I used buttons!
IMG_1538.jpg

Can you tell I am excited? After all the trouble I had with the AK one this weekend it was nice to have this turn out.

:lovestruc IN LOVE with this!! Great job!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!