Disboutiquers Part 23 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to be gone tomorrow thru Monday to visit friends in CO, so see ya after the move!!!

WOW 4 pages since this afternoon. going to go and work on a few gives and wait for the move.

I absolutely LOVE this fabric!!

I am so jealous. I really want to get making something......but my daughters bead bracelet fundraiser is taking over our free time.

I had strings of beads all over my living room this weekend. I thought DH was going to strangle me with one of them.

I know it's not sewing...but I'm so proud of my DD14...I just wanted to share what she's done so far

182473_10150103323141950_796601949_6219253_8308597_n.jpg

And this was part of my living room this weekend :lmao:

182994_10150102295751950_796601949_6204272_1842256_n.jpg

Wow, that is so cool! Are they rolled paper beads? I remember making those at sleep away camp when I was little but they never looked that good.

I participated in a Valentine's swap on another board I belong to - and this is the outfit I made and sent to my swap partner... FYI - my dd made the headband. :thumbsup2

Front:
th_CIMG8359a.jpg

Back:
th_CIMG8364a.jpg

You are so talented. I too would love this dress in little girl size!

i wasn't going to post these pics, but since you need help getting to p 249:rolleyes1
i mentioned earlier about my cousins kid (now 4) who had Rhabdomyosarcoma cancer, spent a year and 44 chemo treatments in st judes and is now determined to be cured, and how to give them some happiness we are sending them to disney. they arrive on feb 27. here is a pic of a bag i made them and 2 t shirts i made for Ian.
mom reported back she loves the bag and Ian wants to wear his shirts every day.
another disclosure statement: I've only had a pe770 since dec 25, 2010, so i do not know all the tricks yet. i am still learning how to properly back fabric and hoop it.( so it wont pucker) and thanks to minnie van mom ( i think) i now know how to float a tshirt and that was after I made these and saw what you guys refer to as hoop burn.
did i type enough to move this along?:rotfl2:
th_DSC01515.jpg
[/IMG]
th_DSC01514.jpg
[/IMG]
th_DSC01513.jpg
[/IMG]

Awesome job on the shirts. What an amazing gift you are giving them.

Would you guys mind telling me what kind of sewing machines you have?

I have lurked on here before and I am so impressed with all your creations and I am looking to get a new sewing machine so I can make stuff like this (I have an old simple machine that can't do much).

Hopefully if I get one for my birthday I can join in the fun here! Thanks!

I have an old Bernina. Sews like nobody's business. I also use a cheapy Singer Serger.

My dh just bought me a sewing table/cart for Valentine's Day!!!! He has no clue he bought it for me (yet) but seeing as I didn't get a Valentine's gift I just figured I'd pick out my own gift (sort of like the camera and cutting mat I had to buy myself at Christmas). Now I won't have to sew standing up anymore, but I think I'm going to have to have dh buy me an ironing board that hangs over the door too as my sewing table will need to go where the ironing board is. And boy is my laundry room going to be crowded now!

You go girl!

My DVC will be listed on the The Timeshare store mailing tomorrow. Wish me luck on a quick sale.

Good luck on the sale. Can you give me a quick synopsis of the the DVC changes and why Disney made this decision?

By the way, for those who were so kind about my sweet old kitty Lewis. He took a major turn for the worse last night and we made the decision to have him euthanized this morning. I am so sad and miss him terribly. Even with the 4 kids, 2 other cats and dog, it seems so quiet around here tonight. I am usually such an upbeat happy person, this sadness is such an odd emotion for me. I really haven't experienced a lot of loss in my life so this feels a little overwhelming. I realized he had been with me for half my life. :sad1:

Think I need to go over to the Big Give board and see what I can do. I know that will lift me up! Thanks for being such a great support!!

By the way, for those who were so kind about my sweet old kitty Lewis. He took a major turn for the worse last night and we made the decision to have him euthanized this morning. I am so sad and miss him terribly. Even with the 4 kids, 2 other cats and dog, it seems so quiet around here tonight. I am usually such an upbeat happy person, this sadness is such an odd emotion for me. I really haven't experienced a lot of loss in my life so this feels a little overwhelming. I realized he had been with me for half my life. :sad1:

Think I need to go over to the Big Give board and see what I can do. I know that will lift me up! Thanks for being such a great support!!

I'm so sorry to hear about Lewis. And yes, despite 4 kids and 3 other pets nobody can take Lewis's place. I think the Big Give board is a wonderful idea for you right now -- you can do something in Lewis's honor. :hug::hug::hug:

I am so sorry about your sweet Lewis. :hug: I do know first hand how difficult it is to lose a long loved pet, they are part of the family.

....so has anyone let Teressa know we are all packed and ready to move?
Nini
I did put it on FB.

Good luck on the sale. Can you give me a quick synopsis of the the DVC changes and why Disney made this decision?

I am so sorry about your kitty and I have been following. You did what is best so your baby didn't suffer. I am sorry that by giving peace to your kitty you must grieve. Take the time to reflect on your happy times with Kitty and keep them in your heart.

The DVC change is that all resale purchases after March 21, 2011 can only be used at WDW DVC property. There is more to it but that is the summary.

I am almost done with DB new bowling shirt and it came out so much better. He smokes so I got to do my first pocket. I put it on then took it off because it was a blank area that needed some Mickey.

One more sleeve and finish the bottom then I will post pictures.

I am so packed and have been ready. Thank you everyone for making this happen well before we leave. I am grateful for the efforts.

Wow, that is so cool! Are they rolled paper beads? I remember making those at sleep away camp when I was little but they never looked that good.

I am so sorry about your kitty :hug: They really are family...and they are missed. :(

yes...we rolled them. A few friends helped rolls some....but they didn't meet Alyssa's standards so she put them aside to make 'irregulars' to sell at a much discounted price :laughing:

I am almost done with DB new bowling shirt and it came out so much better. He smokes so I got to do my first pocket. I put it on then took it off because it was a blank area that needed some Mickey.

One more sleeve and finish the bottom then I will post pictures.

I am so packed and have been ready. Thank you everyone for making this happen well before we leave. I am grateful for the efforts.

well that's one thing I excel at....making fluff posts. :rotfl:

Would you guys mind telling me what kind of sewing machines you have?

I have lurked on here before and I am so impressed with all your creations and I am looking to get a new sewing machine so I can make stuff like this (I have an old simple machine that can't do much).

Hopefully if I get one for my birthday I can join in the fun here! Thanks!

I have a 1960's Sears Kennmore as my primary sewing machine - its not fancy but it is a work horse, and I love the heavy feel of it when Im sewing. I also have a Brother 270D and PE 770 for embroidery and then the cheap serger from Walmart.

The very best is Heathersue on Etsy. I think everyone on this board will agree.

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Thanks for all the comments and Pixie dust...

I guess I should have added that my hubby is a deputy, and knows the school well. Our youngest two are biracial...and let's just say the middle school is not as racially diverse as the elementary school. DD has already been the target of racial bullying...started in the 3rd grade. She is really not looking forward to going there next year.

We did homeschool her for 2 years. It was really hard and both of us. we both have very STRONG personalities, and get on each other's nerves rather easily! To home school again will be hard on the whole family, and we know that. Just right now, we can't see a different option.

For her to even consider it again shows how strongly she feels about this school.

Nini

Hey Nini, have you ever looked into a Cyber school? My cousin did this with her son for 8th grade and it worked out really well. He was even able to interact with other kids in his class. It took out the Mom/teacher battle between them and he had a great year.:wizard:

I have been sewing for DS since we started to go to Disney at age 3. I have always just gone with the bowling shirt, which has 100 different ways to create a look, and then shorts, or board shorts. I also add fabric at the bottom of the shorts or on the sides, or make pockets that have some of the bowling shirt fabric. I will have to go and find pictures. It is not as easy as girls but I still have fun. You will have fun making things all matchy matchy.

We are almost there but waiting for you. Thanks everyone.

I want to see baby HUNTER!!!! I bet he was ADORABLE!!!!!:lovestruc

Hugs and prayers to all those who need them - we LOVE our families and fur babies!

ANyone doing anything fun this weekend?:3dglasses

WHo needs a movin buddy????:dance3:

we are Wendy...going to CO to meet wdwmickey and family and then visiting friends that we met when Megan was 6 weeks old in Charleston SC...we haven't seen them since Megan and their oldest were 8 months old...so lots of fun for us, they just had their 6th baby, so will get my baby fix this weekend!!

Megan has mid winter break so off tomorrow, monday and tuesday...so we will be back late monday night!

keep checking back here for the move....we have to be close...popcorn::

Checkin' in before the move...

My baby is almost healthy, but now Claire is sick. So far she just has a cold, but that's all 5 of us that have been sick in the last 3 weeks. I am so ready for spring!

:happytv:

So DH just came in the office and asked me what I was doing refreshing the screen over and over again. I said "Waiting for Teresa to move us!" He just shook his head and said "I'll be out here watching a show when your moved."

I love that man!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter