Disboutiquers Part 24 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Multi-quote got messed up. :( So, I am super sorry if I missed anyone, and I am even sorrier if I quoted you and it got put in someone else's quote... :rotfl2: I guess I am nervous - this is DH's first working holiday and I am in charge of the ham. :confused3

I was so sure that I'd miss the move last night. I was kind of glad to get up this morning and find that I hadn't. :lovestruc

D you've outdone yourself once again!! You have no idea how many of your photos are in my CASE folder!! If I ever get time to sew again my little girl is gonna half some life size creations inspired by you and you alone! I'm missing my "down time" I use to have to sew...I seriously think I get grouchier by the day the longer it's been.

Thank you so much - that is such a nice compliment. :) Thanks everyone for all your compliments - I had a bunch more multiquoted, and I really don't know what happened.

I HATE MY SERGER! I HATE MY SERGER! I HATE MY SERGER!!!!!

We are having a huge fight tonight and it is clearly winning. It has never been right so I decided to play around with it tonight. HUGE mistake. Now it is WAY OFF and I can't even get it close to the better "off" it was before. I even broke a needle on it tonight. Grrrrrrrr!!!!!! It may go flying out the window. Look out below (it will be coming from a second story window). We fought, I went to bed. I couldn't sleep b/c it wasn't fixed, got up, have spent over three hours now battling with it. I give up.

Andrea... I am so sorry about your serger. I wish I could help you out, I've read so much, but I've never actually done anything to mine... I am even afraid to change it to a rolled hem. I figure, once I get it off the bar stool and into my sewing room, then I can experiment.

Do you think it's a tension issue? What kind of serger do you have? Are there any online tutorials for it on youtube - that's where I learned the most - watching those videos over and over again.

Someone was just looking for Star Wars fabric and I don't remember who it was but I was at Wal Mart today and they had Star Wars sheet sets on clearance for $15! That's a whole lot of fabric for that price!

Hope somebody finds this useful!

Lori in East Podunk

There is also a really awesome sheet set at Target right now... I honestly thought about getting it, because it is so cool - they haven't clearanced it out yet though, and I just can't pay that much - even though it is a lot of fabric.

D~

Dangit! I don't know what to do!!! I LOATHE Rabbit Skins shirts ... they run SO SO SO Small!!! I think after receiving SO many complaints about them when I managed a Gymboree Play & Music I have a mental block against them :rolleyes:

I'd normally head to Walmart but I don't think Granimals has plain t's ... they have a pocket this season in the little boys section, don't they??? Anyone know about the girls selection?
Or would I be better off with Michaels or ACMoore??? They sell blanks, don't they? I know I've gotten shirts there before, but I can't remember how they fit ...

Yes, Michaels has blanks and they are inexpensive. They sell a size 6-8 which is rather small. It works perfectly for my nephew who is a size 5T.

I picked up a blank shirt in the boys department at Target last week. It was a size 3t. No pockets. I think it was like $5. I have also had some luck finding some really cute blanks at K-mart in the girls department this spring. They have some cute blank tees with a little netting trim and bow at the neckline. They also have adorable blank tank tops with a keyhole back.

Phew! Didn't miss the move ... I'm going to read books with DS#2 ... the Easter Bunny brought him some good ones :laughing:

Chiara - I just love the skirt you made for yourself... which pattern did you use? I am planning to make myself a skirt (I have the fabric and everything) for the wedding in a few weeks - and I am really going back and forth on a pattern. I just loved how yours turned out. This is the fabric I purchased:
http://www.etsy.com/listing/6155802...eller&ga_search_type=user_shop_ttt_id_5246514

Any ideas for a pattern??? :wizard:

D~

D I am not on my mac but I have so many tutorials that I don't use just one.

Mine is just 2 legnths of fabric cut to a legnth I like plus 1.75 inches for the waistband. It is cut from selvege to selvege. My hem band is cut the same way. this one is 6-inches by width of fabric. I fold it in half and iron to create the band.

Hem it to the top of the skirt. Press the seam upwards, Topstitch.

Then sew the side seams but make sure the hem lines up.

For the waist I fold down 1/4" and press and then fold down another 1 1/4 inch and sew leaving about 3 inches for the elastic.

Cut my elastic for the waist and feed thru. Sew elastic together. Sew casing closed. Adjust the elastic for even gathering and then I stitch the elastic on the sides so it doesn't roll.

Hope this helps. This is what I use for most of the skirts I used for most skirts I make with some different modifications.

Andrea... I am so sorry about your serger. I wish I could help you out, I've read so much, but I've never actually done anything to mine... I am even afraid to change it to a rolled hem. I figure, once I get it off the bar stool and into my sewing room, then I can experiment.

Do you think it's a tension issue? What kind of serger do you have? Are there any online tutorials for it on youtube - that's where I learned the most - watching those videos over and over again.

D~

I have played with the tension over and over and over again! I'm thinking it's one of two things -- it's either a threading error or a needle issue. Once I rethreaded by tieing on and somehow (no idea how) one thread didn't go right and it took me forever to figure it out. There is a guide on the machine for threading and a guide in the manual and looking last night they don't even match in the part I always have trouble with! So I may have that messed up.

Then there's a couple of needle issues. One is neither Joann's nor Hancock's had the right needles so I bought universal ones. I have used the universal ones without issue. But last night I broke a needle so I changed it and I am wondering if I do not have that in just perfect either. I figure I need to go to the Sew Vac tomorrow and see if they have the exact needle to eliminate that as a factor.

And to top it off, I have the needle in the left position and it's threaded as if the needle should be in the right. I figured that's why it was never quite right. I tried switching the needle to the right and it really loops excessively at the edge so I moved it back to the left and thread it properly now and it's still wonky and looping. I can't win.

It's a Singer serger -- don't know the model off hand. It was a gift from dh but I think it was just a cheapy. I know it was no more than $200. If I knew it was only $100 I'd just go buy a new one (differnt brand!) but if he spent more I'd like to get it working. He got it for me about 7 years ago so he won't remember what he paid for it.

Thankfully I can work on two Aivilo totes today and I don't think I use the serger at all in those. I really want the serger right to do the fleece blanket for my sister and then I have a BG to work on (but I think I can get by without the serger for it) and then I can't even sign up for Perrin's give until I get this licked!

Thanks for the You Tube suggestions -- I will have to see what model I have and what I can figure out. I'm sure I will play with it more today. It is driving me BONKERS! It won't even work when I go back to the settings I started with that stiched ok but not perfect ~ which makes me think the needle is an issue or something is funky with the threading. I know the threading has to be just perfect and last time I fought with it the mistake I made in threading was so hard to spot.:headache::headache::headache:

Refresh me as to what serger you got in case I need a new one. I know Wendy likes the one she just got. I can't spend too much b/c I do not sell.

Okay ... if you had to choose between a serger and an embroidery machine, which would you choose and why???

And what would an embroidery machine set one back???
How about a serger?

DH asked me what I want for Mother's Day & my birthday (they're a week apart) ... I said I want an iPad2 ... :lmao:

But I would also love an embroidery machine and a serger ... honestly, I don't think ANY of those three things will happen, but it's nice to give him the info :-)

Guess I don't need to warn you about the bubbles! I can't find the darn club penguin bunny I bought last year!!! It has been in my closet forever but I moved it about 6 weeks ago because it was all that was left in the bag. So, where did I put it!! Oh, there is an octopus too. Hmm?? I am pretty sure we'll go to bed without finding it, especially since no one is looking for it!

Yep, heard the same thing and read the article. Cute idea although I always thought bubbles were colorful enough.
Sounds like my house. I know I buy things the previous year when they go on clearance for the next year then I can never remember where I hid them. Horrible at Christmas cause I will find the stuff after I go out and buy it again cause I know I had gotten it already :)

:lmao: I agree with your sentiments completely!! I waited a good long time before I was blessed with my baby girl, and I would be caught running naked through Disney World before I'd take her to a princess meal not dressed as a princess! :eek:

Wow!! She's gonna love all that fun stuff!! The "scouts" must have given her a clear report ;)
Yeah she did :) And they even came back this AM to make sure she was still behaving :)
I feel the same way she will wear a princess dress. 5 years of IVF and she has no choice right now but to wear what I say!! Course Im sure it will change in the next year, but for now Im the MOMMA :)

I HATE MY SERGER! I HATE MY SERGER! I HATE MY SERGER!!!!!

We are having a huge fight tonight and it is clearly winning. It has never been right so I decided to play around with it tonight. HUGE mistake. Now it is WAY OFF and I can't even get it close to the better "off" it was before. I even broke a needle on it tonight. Grrrrrrrr!!!!!! It may go flying out the window. Look out below (it will be coming from a second story window). We fought, I went to bed. I couldn't sleep b/c it wasn't fixed, got up, have spent over three hours now battling with it. I give up.

Super cute and what fun fabric!
thanks!!
Me and my serger have not been friends since I got it. One day it wants to make pretty ruffles the next 5 times it says Im a crazy woman :(

Great outfit. I like the spring colours.
Thanks
I like the print on the fabric!
Thanks

Well looks like we are still here.
Good Morning everyone Hope y'all had a fantastic night. Today is looking like it might be a beautiful day around here.
Time to take the bubbles out and let my daughter go nuts

Way TMTQ. I haven't been on for a few days and wow. Everything is just too cute.:love:

just read on fb that some evil lady is trying to blackmail bows and clothes about her licensed characters...if she doesnt pay her she will turn her in! I can't believe someone would stoop that low, but I guess they will and have.:scared1:

:sad2: That is just awful.

I managed to make two Jessie dresses this week...
th_aCIMG8852.jpg

D~

Super cute:goodvibes

Okay ... if you had to choose between a serger and an embroidery machine, which would you choose and why???

How about a serger?

DH asked me what I want for Mother's Day & my birthday (they're a week apart) ... I said I want an iPad2 ... :lmao:

But I would also love an embroidery machine and a serger ... honestly, I don't think ANY of those three things will happen, but it's nice to give him the info :-)

Well you could get those for cheaper than an iPad.

I have a serger I have used once. I did try it just need more time to practice onit.

I am waiting for my iPad 2 since ds has been using my iPad loads I am getting a new one.

Happy Easter Everyone! I thought I might miss the move...whew!

That turned out really cute! :)

I managed to make two Jessie dresses this week...

aCIMG8859.jpg

D~
I love this! The ruffles are gorgeous!

So beautiful. This would be awesome for a girl to wear too!! I love it!!
That's exactly what I thought, too! :thumbsup2

Hey everyone!

Happy Easter!!...(a bit early but I may not get on here tomorrow so... :)

I have been a little busy and in an effort to help us get to 250 here are a few photo's of my 2nd and 3rd projects.

P4160005.jpg

P4230012.jpg
I love them both! Great job!

I saw the earlier discussion about the princess dresses at the Princess meals. My girls were never interested in wearing a princess dress so this is what they were last time we did a princess meal.

DisneyWorld227.jpg

DisneyWorld216.jpg

Younger DD just looked at the pictures and said that she looks like she is wearing clown pants.

Here is another outfit that I made for the girls to wear while we were at Disney on that trip.
DisneyWorld232.jpg

Now that my girls are a couple of years older, they would NEVER wear either one of those outfits. For the one day we did there in December, they were willing to wear tie dye shirts but that was it!
Very nice job on these! I have the green flower fabric. I just came across it the other day trying to reorganize the stash. My dd9 is still very much into dresses and loves when I make her stuff, I fear the day she doesn't, that'll mean she's growing up.

Easter2011042.jpg

back super blurry sorry
Love it. Is this an alternative back for a Simply Sweet or different top altogether? I'm a sucker for big bows in the back. Product of the 80's maybe? :confused3

okay helping us move along.

Here are some Mickey Head Shirts for a pixie dusting I am doing
DSC00821.jpg

Here is DDs entire outfit
DSC00819.jpg

and a skirt I made for myself. I love this fabric. I am wearing a yellow tank top with it and either a cardigan or if I can find the denim jacket I want to wear.
DSC00823.jpg

Loving all the stuff being posted tonite.
You are just a busy little bee lately. Everything is fabulous, but I love your skirt!

I am trying to move this thread along. Here is some happy news for me!

I've got my new sewing room! We moved the kids toys out of the playroom. They don't play with them anymore anyhow! Now the toys are in the storage room. They can get to them but they won't since they don't use them anymore.
Oh Happy day! Congrats on your new space. Can't wait to see pics!

Well, I will help a tiny bit move us along. I feel like I have been in an allergy fog for weeks! I decided to check in tonight to see how everyone was doing and to let you know that DH says I can get a brother 770 in just a few weeks. :banana::banana::banana: I have been saving for a while and I think I have finally made it.

Hopefully I will now get some sewing done

Hope everyone has a moving buddy.

Oooh - I can't wait to see the pictures... my sewing room is still "in progress" - DH just put the last coat of mud on the walls - he has to sand them, then prime... then it's mine for painting. It'll be a few more weeks until I am moved in - but the whole family is anxious for it - my sewing stuff has taken over the kitchen table and corner. :banana:

Congratulations!! I am so excited for you - great job saving for it! I am not sure - but I think DH is looking at getting the pe770 for me for my birthday. Ithink that originally, he was looking at getting me an Ipod, but I told him that an ipod couldn't embroider. LOL Money would be better spent on something useful... like a new machine. :banana:

I don't have a moving buddy. :( This will be my 3rd move - I think? I just always seem to meander in when I get there. LOL Besides, I have to get to bed.
D~
No moving buddy here, either. It's my first time. :scared1:
I have played with the tension over and over and over again! I'm thinking it's one of two things -- it's either a threading error or a needle issue. Once I rethreaded by tieing on and somehow (no idea how) one thread didn't go right and it took me forever to figure it out. There is a guide on the machine for threading and a guide in the manual and looking last night they don't even match in the part I always have trouble with! So I may have that messed up.

Then there's a couple of needle issues. One is neither Joann's nor Hancock's had the right needles so I bought universal ones. I have used the universal ones without issue. But last night I broke a needle so I changed it and I am wondering if I do not have that in just perfect either. I figure I need to go to the Sew Vac tomorrow and see if they have the exact needle to eliminate that as a factor.

And to top it off, I have the needle in the left position and it's threaded as if the needle should be in the right. I figured that's why it was never quite right. I tried switching the needle to the right and it really loops excessively at the edge so I moved it back to the left and thread it properly now and it's still wonky and looping. I can't win.

It's a Singer serger -- don't know the model off hand. It was a gift from dh but I think it was just a cheapy. I know it was no more than $200. If I knew it was only $100 I'd just go buy a new one (differnt brand!) but if he spent more I'd like to get it working. He got it for me about 7 years ago so he won't remember what he paid for it.

Thankfully I can work on two Aivilo totes today and I don't think I use the serger at all in those. I really want the serger right to do the fleece blanket for my sister and then I have a BG to work on (but I think I can get by without the serger for it) and then I can't even sign up for Perrin's give until I get this licked!

Thanks for the You Tube suggestions -- I will have to see what model I have and what I can figure out. I'm sure I will play with it more today. It is driving me BONKERS! It won't even work when I go back to the settings I started with that stiched ok but not perfect ~ which makes me think the needle is an issue or something is funky with the threading. I know the threading has to be just perfect and last time I fought with it the mistake I made in threading was so hard to spot.:headache::headache::headache:

Refresh me as to what serger you got in case I need a new one. I know Wendy likes the one she just got. I can't spend too much b/c I do not sell.
Oh no. I'm sorry it's giving you trouble. I just bought the Juno Janome 3434d. It was on sale at Hancock's this week for $179. It's still in the box and I have never serged before, but I got it because I know I have wanted one and was eventually going to get one. I thought it was a great price and it got good reviews. I hope you can get yours to stop having fits soon.

How about a serger?

I got my embroidery machine first and then my serger. I am happy that I got my machines in that order. I bought both of them second hand. I got a Babylock Ellageo 3 for a great price. It came with all kinds of extras like tons of extra feet and about a dozen embroidery cards plus a box full of thread. It only had about 500k stitches on it when I purchased it. I love it!

Then a year later I bought a Bernina serger, also second hand. It works great and I love it too! The only part I don't like is threading it! LOL!!!

I did not feel like I needed lessons on either machine in order to work the basics. I ordered a couple of embroidery books and one serger book on Amazon.com and I watched a bunch of youtube and embroidery library videos to help me understand how to do things.

I am thinking that this summer I might take a serger class at a local store. It will cost me about $40 for the class but since I paid so little for my serger compared to buying it new, I am still going to come out way ahead.

I've been thinking of you all morning Andrea... I decided to be brave and attempt my "rolled hem on the bar stool trick" - and I lost. :confused3 I only broke my upper looper about 6 times, then I finally got it work right - but it's not as beautiful as I expect it to be - but it's passable - so I left it. :confused:

Then, I had to change it back to my 4 thread overlock... :scared1: I only messed that up royaly... My problem - in the end - was my needles. On my machine, my left needle is supposed to be slightly higher than my right... when I initially inserted the needles, I couldn't get that left one any higher - so it ended up being lower than my right one... I just :confused3 and figured I had it right. My stitches weren't right (but it was a really awesome stitch) - I hope to recreate it some day. LOL Then I unscrewed the needles really far and inserted them again - low and behold - they went in right. Miraculously - I had a perfect stitch. :confused3

I have the Brother 1034D - and I cannot say enough - how much I love it. Honestly, it had a perfect stitch right out of the box - that's why I was afraid to change it to a rolled hem this morning - I didn't think I'd be able to get that perfect stitch back. It took a little messing around with (I am getting much better at rethreadng it from the very begining - enough that I am comfortable with it), but I did get my perfect 4 thread overlock back. :lovestruc The diagrams on the machine and perfect and easy to follow - since you have some serger experience - I bet it would be much easier for you, since this is my first serger and I've never touched one in my life (much less knew what an upper looper and lower looper were or what they did) - I think I am catching on better than I ever imagined I would.

The reason I chose this machine, above and beyond any of the others, was the great reviews on Amazon (hundreds of them) and the fact that there were SO many tutorials for this particular machine on youtube, I figured that if I ran inot any issues, my problem would most likely be posted there or somewhere else. Oh and this machine is $219 on Amazon with free shipping - an awesome deal and I think a very reasonable price for a machine that performs so well. :love:

I would say, if your DH didn't spend any more than $200 on yours, and you've had it for 7 years... that's less than $30 a year and you've more than gotten your use out of it. When I bought this serger, I told myself that I would be thrilled if it lasted a year (and I hope it does)... I can pretty much guarantee you, if mine dies in a year, I will go out and get the exact same one again. I would honestly recommend it over and over again - if only for the ease of use.

I really hope you are able to get your serger working again - it is so frustrating. If not, I am n 99% sure Chiara has the same one I do - and I think quite a few others here do too.

How about a serger?

I went through the same dillema a couple of months ago, and I ended up getting a serger... you can read my above reply to see why I chose the one I did.

I still plan to get an embroidery maching (hopefully soon) - but I ended up with the serger because I was asking a premium price for my doll clothes, and I felt that my customers deserved to have the quality they were paying for - I felt so guilty that they were paying premium prices for zig-zagged seams. The serger was the best purchase I could have made.

It's going to depend on which you do more of... sewing or embroidering? And which direction you want to take this... Figure out what you are going to do more of, and what is more important to you.

I love this! The ruffles are gorgeous!

No moving buddy here, either. It's my first time. :scared1:

Thank you. :)

I'll be your moving buddy, if you want. :)

D~

Hey everyone!

P4160005.jpg

P4160006.jpg

Does she like JoJo? Maybe you could put an iron on the front of it? I think it's cute, but I know kids.

Not sure if it got missed ... and I figure reposting will only help move us along:thumbsup2

I need to order shirts for a BigGive ... Hanes.com is having a sale and I was wondering if anyone has used their shirts for iron-on designs? Are they true to size?

I need 2 5T shirts ... I was going to order size S (6-8) rather than XS (2-4) ... what do you think?

Mens & Women's ... are they true to size?

TIA!

I think they shrink alot. So I'd go to the larger size.

How about a serger?

I would personally get a serger. They are much less expensive and really give a polished look to clothes. I only use mine for finishing seams (well, at least I did until my fiasco last night!) and I couldn't be without it now that I have it.

Overstock has the Brother embroidery machine with a 5x7 hoop for a little less than $700. You can get a decent serger for $200.

I also like hand appliquing because I love BIG appliques. I wouldn't be satisfied with a 5x7 hoop. Don't get me wrong, I have contemplated getting the Brother b/c I would use it, but I would still hand applique as well. If you are on the BG site take a look at Avy's thread. I hand appliqued Vidas and I could never get that size with a hoop. If you are not on the BG site I will post pics here after the family receives the outfits. Don't want to give anything away in case mom is snooping!

MY SERGER IS SEMI-WORKING!!
I unthreaded everything and found one stray thread that was definitely interfering. I have it looking nice on the top side but the underside looks like crap still. At the "proper" tensions I get all these loops. Now if I could only get the underside to look nice like the top side. And it only looks nice on cotton -- on fleece it's horrid. I am hoping Sew Vac has my needles in stock so I can try that tomorrow.

D~ I'd love to see your rolled hem if you ever get a chance to post a pic. It may help me decide what to get next if I get a new serger. And I never use the four thread overlock -- I do the three thread overlock. It looked nicer to me when it worked and less thread to buy and less to thread!

FINISHED my Aivilo totes for teacher's gifts. Need to make bookmarks, luggage tags and a few goodies as well. Camera battery died so no pics just yet. They should appear on Part 25 if Teresa ever manages to get us moving along!

I would personally get a serger. They are much less expensive and really give a polished look to clothes. I only use mine for finishing seams (well, at least I did until my fiasco last night!) and I couldn't be without it now that I have it.

Overstock has the Brother embroidery machine with a 5x7 hoop for a little less than $700. You can get a decent serger for $200.

I also like hand appliquing because I love BIG appliques. I wouldn't be satisfied with a 5x7 hoop. Don't get me wrong, I have contemplated getting the Brother b/c I would use it, but I would still hand applique as well. If you are on the BG site take a look at Avy's thread. I hand appliqued Vidas and I could never get that size with a hoop. If you are not on the BG site I will post pics here after the family receives the outfits. Don't want to give anything away in case mom is snooping!

I unthreaded everything and found one stray thread that was definitely interfering. I have it looking nice on the top side but the underside looks like crap still. At the "proper" tensions I get all these loops. Now if I could only get the underside to look nice like the top side. And it only looks nice on cotton -- on fleece it's horrid. I am hoping Sew Vac has my needles in stock so I can try that tomorrow.

D~ I'd love to see your rolled hem if you ever get a chance to post a pic. It may help me decide what to get next if I get a new serger. And I never use the four thread overlock -- I do the three thread overlock. It looked nicer to me when it worked and less thread to buy and less to thread!

FINISHED my Aivilo totes for teacher's gifts. Need to make bookmarks, luggage tags and a few goodies as well. Camera battery died so no pics just yet. They should appear on Part 25 if Teresa ever manages to get us moving along!

You've been busy! I can't wait to see your pictures of the bags. I bought the pattern a LONG time ago and have never used it.

How about a serger?

I think it kind if depends on what you would want it for. In D's case I think the serger was the best choice for her right now.

If you are doing alot of sewing then that might be the way to go. I like finished insides, but you only have a boy or boys right? So more of a toss up. I like to applique by hand and a 6x10 isnt even nearly as big as I like, but you can perfectly happy with smaller! Saying all that, I own two embroidery machines! :confused3 And a serger! :)

I am glad you got your maching semi-working. I switched my machine back to a 4 thread overlock... then my rolled hem on the leggings I was making started to unravel... :confused3 so, I tried to fix it - that didn't work. So, I made a whole new pair of leggings... switched my machine back to a rolled hem, and now it's back to a 4 thread overlock... I'd switch it back to a rolled hem for you again Andrea - but I think that switching it twice in a day is enough. :rotfl2: This is the best I can do, for now... the next time I switch it over - I'll get close-ups for you. :lovestruc

I did the rolled hem on the bottom hem of the leggings - hopefully you can see it:
aCIMG8871.jpg

D~

How about a serger?

I would vote for the embroidery machine hands down, because I use it so much more than my serger. I love having a serger, but I don't think its a necessity because you can finish your seams with a zig zag stitch too.

BUT I guess it really depends on what sorts of projects you're wanting to make. If you like having characters and personalization on the things you want to make, but I'd say embroidery machine for sure. If you're making more just everyday clothing and really don't want the appliques and extras then of course the serger makes most sense.

My embroidery machine was nearly 5K at the time I got it, but I'm sure its not as much now since there is at least one newer model in front of it, maybe two? I try not to look at the new stuff at the sewing shop anymore, because it just makes me want:laughing: I love my embroidery machine though because it's both embroidery and sewing. Its a tiny bit of a hassle to have to switch it from embroidery to sewing, but I'd much rather have the combo machine than two machines since my space is pretty limited.

My serger was $500 and that was a sale price because the model is being discontinued. It is my first serger, so I don't have much to compare it to and it was my Christmas gift this year, so I got by without having one for years! I contemplated taking it back for one that did a cover stitch, but frankly the ones that do the cover stitch are quite a bit out of my price range at the moment. I love having the overlock stitch and rolled hem though. I mainly wanted a serger so I could do rolled hem stitching for ruffles.

Good luck on Mother's Day and your birthday!! I hope you make out like a bandit!:thumbsup2 I would suggest if you want a certain model to do your homework and make sure its going to do all that you want it too and then be specific with your request to hubby, that way he gets you something you really want.

I am glad you got your maching semi-working. I switched my machine back to a 4 thread overlock... then my rolled hem on the leggings I was making started to unravel... :confused3 so, I tried to fix it - that didn't work. So, I made a whole new pair of leggings... switched my machine back to a rolled hem, and now it's back to a 4 thread overlock... I'd switch it back to a rolled hem for you again Andrea - but I think that switching it twice in a day is enough. :rotfl2: This is the best I can do, for now... the next time I switch it over - I'll get close-ups for you. :lovestruc

I did the rolled hem on the bottom hem of the leggings - hopefully you can see it:
aCIMG8871.jpg

D~

LOVE IT!! :lovestruc

Wanted to add real quick that hobby lobby has a 40% off coupon good on one regular price item so we can all get that flower material...good until 4/30

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!