Disboutiquers Part 25 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I post 47 more posts I will have reached 1000 posts. Hmm, that might help us get to page one again.

I had to get that lovely $100 calculator. I used it in 8th to 12th grade and then into college, although by that point I was in need of a "newer model" due to technology changes :rotfl2: I've even had friends borrow it to use for their college classes...between the 2 $100 calculators, I got about 10 years use out of them!!

BTW school starts here August 9th :sad2::sad2:
Glad that you got good use out of the calculator. Now I won't feel so bad about having to spend the money on it!

Today I hit a GREAT garage sale!!! Apparently the lady had watched Hoarders over the weekend and was inspired!! (she told me this). She had tons and tons of cute skirts for only .50!!!!! AND she told me she was just trying to get rid of it all, so she was willing to bargain. I got a bunch of new skirts (10-12) a pair of shoes for Arminda, a pair of moccasins for Lyddie, a cookie press (I've been wanting one of these FOREVER!!!! They remind me of my Mommy!), a gadget thing from Pampered chef that I should know the name of, but can't think of it, that cuts the flour and butter together and a pearly necklace for Lydia for $5. I need to clear my closet out to put all my new stuff in!

I hate back to school time. I find it so depressing!

You did really well at the garage sale. I have a TON of size 12 stuff that I am going to start selling next week. My younger daughter outgrew everything that she has! And the older one (who is very petite and gets her younger sister hand me downs) won't wear ANY of it! Older daughter is totally middle school now and won't wear anything but the trendiest labels. Luckily we got a bunch of hand me downs that fit her. I told DH that while the kids are at camp, I want to do a major clean out and get rid of lots of clutter.

I'm checking in from the salon while they fix my hair... Can't quote but I did have to chime in... Cheryl, you are killing me!

And, not nearly as good a deal as $5 for all that stuff at the garage sale, but I spent $50 at Kohls today and saved $165!!! I found my favorite jeans on clearance for $8 a pair! I bought two pairs, plus a different style for $7! Two pairs of shorts, a tank and a couple of clearance items for Finn. I also tried on a drop waist tiered skirt and it looked great - anyone have a good pattern or tutorial for an adult one? $40 was way to much to spend on a cotton skirt!

We were at Old Navy today and we totally rocked! I had two Groupons that I paid $10 for but were worth 20. So I gave each girl a groupon and a little over $20 worth of merchandise. Then we played Spin the Discount and got a coupon for buy one item, get one half off. We walked out with 1 sweatshirt, 2 capris, 1 t-shirt and 4 pairs of short. Above the Groupons, I only put in $15 additional.

Let's play guess the doll!

I have it narrowed down to Kit, Emily or Molly. I think Kit is adorable, but I think Cheryl would want longer hair to compensate for Ginger's lack of hair. I think I am leaning toward Molly.

I don't think Cheryl would get a look alike doll b/c there aren't any with white hair!

I like Rebecca. I think her clothes are the prettiest now that Felicity and Samantha are gone. I'd pick her. We saw her at the store today and we all thought she was the best doll that is available right now. Although they do have Felicity available at the new store since it is in the same state as Williamsburg. For $100 you get Felicity, an activity book, her into story and some other accessories. I think it is a limited time thing.

There, I hope I have moved this along. And not even one of my comments had anything to do with sewing!:rotfl2:

I cannot believe ya'll have me on the lookout for an AG doll! I have never even liked dolls, have no girls and no grandkids yet!

Glad that you got good use out of the calculator. Now I won't feel so bad about having to spend the money on it!

We were at Old Navy today and we totally rocked! I had two Groupons that I paid $10 for but were worth 20. So I gave each girl a groupon and a little over $20 worth of merchandise. Then we played Spin the Discount and got a coupon for buy one item, get one half off. We walked out with 1 sweatshirt, 2 capris, 1 t-shirt and 4 pairs of short. Above the Groupons, I only put in $15 additional.

I like Rebecca. I think her clothes are the prettiest now that Felicity and Samantha are gone. I'd pick her. We saw her at the store today and we all thought she was the best doll that is available right now. Although they do have Felicity available at the new store since it is in the same state as Williamsburg. For $100 you get Felicity, an activity book, her into story and some other accessories. I think it is a limited time thing.

There, I hope I have moved this along. And not even one of my comments had anything to do with sewing!:rotfl2:
Good Old Navy deals! They are so hit or miss for me. If I can catch a good sale early then I do well, but they get picked over so fast. Last spring I did get dd a ton of long sleeve plain t's (which will get embroidered on this fall) but they zilch for ds. But some years I've had fantastic luck for ds there.

Rebecca is adorable. I would likely get her. I might go up to DC this August if a friend from out west still plans on coming (her dh may be there for business). I'd love to go to the AG doll store but ds would likely puke.

I didn't know they sold Felicity still. She is not one I would likely pic. I really think Kit and Molly are adorable. I just wish Kit had longer hair.

Okay, I'll put off
Part IV -- walking to the Disney Store
Part V -- inside the Disney Store
Part VI -- walking to Mary Poppins
Part VII -- seeing Mary Poppins
Part VIII --not going to my son's office
Part IX -- eating at The View
Part X -- the RAIN
Part XI -- walking back to the train station
Part XII -- the train ride home
Part XIII -- driving home from the train station

Since you're more interested in Part III, here goes

When last we spoke I wasn't entirely sure I'd be getting an American Girl doll. Look around my house and you'll see that I don't need a lot more stuff. I was looking forward to the thrill of the hunt and finding one at a garage sale or rummage sale or by the side of the road. But as I tried the second version of the "Katie" dress, it was frustrating not having any guide as to where to put the velcro -- the original pattern called for a zipper, but I wanted to modify it. I didn't have a doll to try it on to see where to put the velcro.

It finally dawned on me that

:) I've been enjoying making the doll clothes, want to make more, so may as well get the body,
:) I can always sell it if I lose interest,
:) I didn't have to worry about my husband because he would never believe I'd pay that much money for a doll (or anything other than a trip to Disney),
:) visiting my son's office was canceled so I didn't need to feel funny about hauling a big ole doll there.

So doll hunting I went. My first criteria was blue eyes. When my first kidlet was born I didn't care if it was a boy or girl, but wanted him/her to have my beautiful baby blue eyes. Mission accomplished. When my second kidlet was born, a girl might have been nice, but at least he had my beautiful baby blue eyes. Looking for a doll with my beautiful baby blue eyes ruled out a lot of dolls!

None of them had white hair :confused3 so on to the next criteria.

I wanted hair that would be relatively manageable. AG sells a lot of hair care stuff, combs, brushes, etc. Seems kind of unfair because I'm thinking combing and brushing the hair does more harm than good, but what do I know. I know what Goldilocks was going through -- some of the hair was too light, some too dark, some too long, some too short, some too curly.

So without further ado, I present my identical twin (before I got old, lumpy, and white haired), Dorrrine. That's right, 3 rs. I don't want her to go through life having people forever spell her name wrong, or ask her if it's one r or two. It's 3. DoRRRine.

stuff006.jpg

stuff007.jpg

. . . and they lived happily ever after. (Hopefully I can still say that tomorrow after she and Ginger meet. I haven't figured out how to liberate her from the box yet, so she and G have been apart.)

I cannot believe ya'll have me on the lookout for an AG doll! I have never even liked dolls, have no girls and no grandkids yet!

I like to think that I am responsible for this mess. :thumbsup2 Maybe, maybe not - but I'll just think that. Everyone on Disboards will have an AG doll of their own to sew for, and no one will know why, it is what it is.

D~

Okay, I'll put off
Part X -- the RAIN

When last we spoke I wasn't entirely sure I'd be getting an American Girl doll. Look around my house and you'll see that I don't need a lot more stuff. I was looking forward to the thrill of the hunt and finding one at a garage sale or rummage sale or by the side of the road. But as I tried the second version of the "Katie" dress, it was frustrating not having any guide as to where to put the velcro -- the original pattern called for a zipper, but I wanted to modify it. I didn't have a doll to try it on to see where to put the velcro.

:) I've been enjoying making the doll clothes, want to make more, so may as well get the body,
:) I didn't have to worry about my husband because he would never believe I'd pay that much money for a doll (or anything other than a trip to Disney),
:) visiting my son's office was canceled so I didn't need to feel funny about hauling a big ole doll there.

So doll hunting I went. My first criteria was blue eyes. When my first kidlet was born I didn't care if it was a boy or girl, but wanted him/her to have my beautiful baby blue eyes. Mission accomplished. When my second kidlet was born, a girl might have been nice, but at least he had my beautiful baby blue eyes. Looking for a doll with my beautiful baby blue eyes ruled out a lot of dolls!

I wanted hair that would be relatively manageable. AG sells a lot of hair care stuff, combs, brushes, etc. Seems kind of unfair because I'm thinking combing and brushing the hair does more harm than good, but what do I know. I know what Goldilocks was going through -- some of the hair was too light, some too dark, some too long, some too short, some too curly.

So without further ado, I present my identical twin (before I got old, lumpy, and white haired), Dorrrine. That's right, 3 rs. I don't want her to go through life having people forever spell her name wrong, or ask her if it's one r or two. It's 3. DoRRRine.

stuff006.jpg

stuff007.jpg

. . . and they lived happily ever after. (Hopefully I can still say that tomorrow after she and Ginger meet. I haven't figured out how to liberate her from the box yet, so she and G have been apart.)

Yay - Cheryl got a doll and she named her after MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've never had a doll named after me before... and surprisingly enough, she looks like me too... beautiful blue eyes and all! :banana: Thanks Cheryl - you made my day!!!

So, lets see some of these clothes you made for Dorrrine!

D~

Okay, I'll put off
Part X -- the RAIN

stuff006.jpg

stuff007.jpg

Oh geez! I guess we were all wrong. I have to say Dorrrine is just adorable! I can't wait to see the Christmas family photo!

So, what # is she Cheryl?

Is she a #33... I can't tell if that's red hair in the net???

D~

Oh - I am Dorrrine's God mother - right? After all, I was so instrumental in her adoption... would you like me to fly over for the family picture this fall? It would only be appropriate.

D~

Rebecca is adorable. I would likely get her. I might go up to DC this August if a friend from out west still plans on coming (her dh may be there for business). I'd love to go to the AG doll store but ds would likely puke.

I didn't know they sold Felicity still. She is not one I would likely pic. I really think Kit and Molly are adorable. I just wish Kit had longer hair.

I actually like Kit's short hair. My mom let my 3 year old daughter pick out one for Christmas this past year. Kit was what she chose. Now imagine a 3 year old with a doll that has long hair. She is actually pretty good with her, but she would not be able to take care of long hair. I am thankful Kit's hair is short.:);)

Now as for Cheryl I was getting ready to post that I bet she get her own design and then I saw her picture. Love the blue eyes.

I like to think that I am responsible for this mess. :thumbsup2 Maybe, maybe not - but I'll just think that. Everyone on Disboards will have an AG doll of their own to sew for, and no one will know why, it is what it is.

D~

Not quite, many of us have had AG for years! And let us not forget "Jord";)

Good Old Navy deals! They are so hit or miss for me. If I can catch a good sale early then I do well, but they get picked over so fast. Last spring I did get dd a ton of long sleeve plain t's (which will get embroidered on this fall) but they zilch for ds. But some years I've had fantastic luck for ds there.

Yes we did well at the sale at Old Navy today. I do agree that they are hit or miss. I find that some of their items are expensive when they are not on sale. Like we were looking for a plain white button up blouse that my younger daughter can wear for orchestra concerts this fall. We saw a very simple one there but it cost $28.99 and it was nothing special. We found a very cute, simple white blouse on sale at Abercrombie for $14.99. I should have just sewn the blouse myself!!!

My younger DD got Kit as her very first AG doll. The great thing about her short hair is that it stays looking nice for a long, long time!

I love#39, she is adorable. What beautiful, blue eyes she has!

Dorrrine is SO pretty! Can't wait to see her in some of Ginger's hand-me-downs! ;). I never mentioned that I have mini-Kit. I look forward to joining in on full size AG dolls when dd gets a bit older. :)

I'd love to try to meet up with any of you visiting in Sep/Oct! Since I'm newish, I'm not sure how this would typically be arranged. Our park days are already set as I'm guessing it is for others. I can list our whole trip (or we can take it to PM's?). I will mention that Oct 1st is the 40th anniversary of MK. We'll be there that day in hopes of some kind of special celebration.

Regards,
C.

Oh - I am Dorrrine's God mother - right? After all, I was so instrumental in her adoption... would you like me to fly over for the family picture this fall? It would only be appropriate.

D~

If Lucy gets roudy I'm going to send her and her little friend and her brother and sister to see you.....they love family pictures and will make u lots of beautiful memories:rotfl2: they would fit sooooo well in your mailbox.

Marianne and Andrea.....I wish I could find good stuff at our ON....but it is soooooo hit or miss....I did get DD a $5 swimsuit for next year last week...I have noticed that I find more sale items for girls than boys....I think they make more stuff in general for girls...so more is left over to be clearanced.

Tomorrow we have no swim lessons and VBS is over....so now I can work on sewing and maybe even take some pics:banana::banana::banana:

AND CHERYL....congrats on your girl! SHE is so pretty, and bright, and clean.....watch out for Ginger....she may paint her nails or give her makeup.

BTW the city where I live was voted 3rd hottest city in America....heat index 112 Wed....tonight a cool 95. Now DH can't say too much about me not taking the kids anywhere but the pool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter