Disboutiquers Part 26 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

1.)I don't want to chat too much -- we are going out to dinner tonight and I don't want the move to happen while I'm gone. Let's save it for tomorrow morning around 6am please.

2.)I have the Olivia and have two fabrics that I ordered so I am going to make the underdress for my dd (probably without the pocket but not sure yet -- I'll have to ask her). I have the pattern all traced out and once I get the dress made I will post pics of dd modeling it. Don't hold your breath though. While it will be my next project for my dd, I first have to do a set for a BG that SOMEONE (no names mentioned) posted. And I forgot about Halloween costumes too ... dd is back to wanting to be a seal and not a vet :eek:
1.) We are going to the fair around 5ish, so the move should happen before then or after I get home tonight.
2.)Ok. I look forward to seeing it! :thumbsup2 I think I'd rather make the vet!

My dh wears a medium and I did a 4x4 shirt for him with that placement and it looks fine (not too big at all). My dh is actually pretty thin and would not be considered a big guy by any means (though he's not short--he's 6 ft tall). His complaint is that I put the design too far to the left.

I have been very fortunate with most designs. On one design I did that was actually Heather's I got a little gap in stitching (probably from me stretching the t funny and it was minimal) so I just touched it up with a fabric marker. I get all my Dis from Heather, some non dis from Planet Applique (which has all been great) and I have several designs of horses and trains that are fill from Embroidery Library which have all been great. I've gotten many odd designs from other places and have been very lucky.

Ok, I may go ahead and try a 4x4 'pocket' placement for dh. He wears a large, so if it works on a medium, it should be ok for him. Thanks!

I've been happy with PA and HS, too. The other two that I tried, not so much.

In a effort to move this post along here are some of the outfits I made for dd. I am going to have to take in the sides a little of some of them.
She was going to wear this Saturday night, but since I changed the reservation, now I am not sure.
th_P9207195.jpg

I love this one, and all the others, too! Your little girl is so cute!

Here is my last outfit :cool1: I still have at least 3 t-shirts to embroidery, 7 if I have the time. I want to get te boys shirts done first before my husband and mine.

th_IMG_8357.jpg

Only one more week until our trip!! :yay::woohoo::cheer2:

I SO hope to come across you all so I can see some of these beautiful creations in person! Amazing work! You should take a pic of the entire pile of dresses!

He is dh with the kids
th_P9054774.jpg

And here I am with the kids.
th_P9054702.jpg

Aw, cute pics! Hope to spot you all and your cute outfits, too!

I should have some pics of a few outfits tonight. I did things in such a random order that some of my sets for each day are still missing a piece or two. I'll put up a family photo too.

Ideas needed - We might be adding MNSSHP to our trip. I'm really torn about all of us wearing Star Wars costumes, or just dressing the kids as dragons. Any creative ideas on a tshirt design for me if my kids are all dragons at MNSSHP? The only thing I could come up with is a dragon applique and "Dragon Handler" underneath it. Any better ideas? (Also, if you've been to MNSSHP, did you dress up? If not, did you regret not doing so?) Decisions!

Regards,
C.

This one is for MK. I loved the material, and didn't want to do to much with it to break it up.

P9207198.jpg

She told me Roo was her favorite, so I put him on here. Too bad we won't see him. This is one I need to take the sides in.

P9207201.jpg

Her AK outfit
P9207197.jpg
I love them ALL!!! Can't wait to see what you made for DS!!!!

Yes I have made stuff for ds. He would be upset if I made for dd and not him. His stuff is all t-shirts though.

I am very excited, but a little overwhelmed at the moment. I really wanted to make their autograph books, but I don't think it is going to happen.

If you have time to just cut 4x6 pieces of cardstock you can always do the autograph book after you get home Or you can even BUY books of 4x6 solid paper at Michaels. . . our last trip I cut solid colored cardstock to 4x6 size and hole punched a star in each corner. I put the pages on a binder ring and gave each kid a sharpie. When we got home I matched up the autograph with the picture of the kid with that character (each night when we got back to the room I'd remove the signed cards from that day and put them in a ziploc with the park and the date on it - and each boy had their own set of ziplocs) . . . I just bought a photo album with 4x6 slots -2 per page- and slipped the picture into one slot and the autograph into the other slot. I let the boys use stickers on the pages afterwards. I'd take a picture, but they got buried in the garage when we moved a bunch of boxes out there on Saturday to make room for an unexpected house guest :)

Here is my last outfit :cool1: I still have at least 3 t-shirts to embroidery, 7 if I have the time. I want to get te boys shirts done first before my husband and mine.

IMG_8357.jpg

IMG_8353.jpg

So precious!!!

I don't want to chat too much -- we are going out to dinner tonight and I don't want the move to happen while I'm gone. Let's save it for tomorrow morning around 6am please.

I have the Olivia and have two fabrics that I ordered so I am going to make the underdress for my dd (probably without the pocket but not sure yet -- I'll have to ask her). I have the pattern all traced out and once I get the dress made I will post pics of dd modeling it. Don't hold your breath though. While it will be my next project for my dd, I first have to do a set for a BG that SOMEONE (no names mentioned) posted. And I forgot about Halloween costumes too ... dd is back to wanting to be a seal and not a vet :eek:

Oooh - dinner out? That sounds like fun!!!

And :hug: for dd back to wanting to be a seal . . .

1.) We are going to the fair around 5ish, so the move should happen before then or after I get home tonight.
2.)Ok. I look forward to seeing it! :thumbsup2 I think I'd rather make the vet!

Well, it's 4:00pm - and I doubt this will get us to page 240 - so I'm thinking it will be later . . .

DH :eek: actually got a day off today. We're both beyond frustrated with his work right now because he should be getting paid overtime and isn't so we don't even see any extra money for all the extra hours he's been working:headache:
Since he was off and it was a blech day outside, we took the boys to see Lion King at the movie theater:yay: Lion King is a movie I LOVE, but I find I have a hard time watching the whole thing at home on the tv . . . but in the movie theater on the big screen, I'm mesmerized!!!
Finn LOVED it and I know Phalen enjoyed himself . . . it was a nice afternoon.:lovestruc

Ideas needed - We might be adding MNSSHP to our trip. I'm really torn about all of us wearing Star Wars costumes, or just dressing the kids as dragons. Any creative ideas on a tshirt design for me if my kids are all dragons at MNSSHP? The only thing I could come up with is a dragon applique and "Dragon Handler" underneath it. Any better ideas? (Also, if you've been to MNSSHP, did you dress up? If not, did you regret not doing so?) Decisions!

Regards,
C.
We have some friends who dressed their ds as a dragon for Halloween. Dad dressed as a Knight and Mom dressed as a Damsel in Distress.

Regards,
C.

We found it too hot and humid to wear costumes. I made halloween dresses for my niece and I to wear. I even asked her this year if she wanted a princess dress and she said she wanted her jack-o-lantern dress. Saved me from making more dresses/costumes.

I haven't regreted not dressing up. I've been to MNSSHP three times now.

IMG_8357.jpg

IMG_8353.jpg

Love this set on your little one too. You are doing great for being one week out from your trip.

If you have time to just cut 4x6 pieces of cardstock you can always do the autograph book after you get home Or you can even BUY books of 4x6 solid paper at Michaels. . . our last trip I cut solid colored cardstock to 4x6 size and hole punched a star in each corner. I put the pages on a binder ring and gave each kid a sharpie. When we got home I matched up the autograph with the picture of the kid with that character (each night when we got back to the room I'd remove the signed cards from that day and put them in a ziploc with the park and the date on it - and each boy had their own set of ziplocs) . . . I just bought a photo album with 4x6 slots -2 per page- and slipped the picture into one slot and the autograph into the other slot. I let the boys use stickers on the pages afterwards. I'd take a picture, but they got buried in the garage when we moved a bunch of boxes out there on Saturday to make room for an unexpected house guest :)

DH :eek: actually got a day off today. We're both beyond frustrated with his work right now because he should be getting paid overtime and isn't so we don't even see any extra money for all the extra hours he's been working:headache:
Since he was off and it was a blech day outside, we took the boys to see Lion King at the movie theater:yay: Lion King is a movie I LOVE, but I find I have a hard time watching the whole thing at home on the tv . . . but in the movie theater on the big screen, I'm mesmerized!!!
Finn LOVED it and I know Phalen enjoyed himself . . . it was a nice afternoon.:lovestruc
Oh, I love your idea for an autograph book and the idea about dating the cards and taking them out each night, less stuff to lug around. Glad you had a nice family day today with your DH. I want to take my kids to see Lion King but my son said "no thanks, I don't like the Lion King movie". I don't think he's ever seen it, that little stinker!

K, got a couple more things done on the weekend.

First an upcycle for a co-workers daughter. And it's Disney related, something I very rarely have. It's a Marie cutie.

IMG_7947 by tricialee22, on Flickr

and then a Bench cushion and Pillows I did for my Aunt.

IMG_7950 by tricialee22, on Flickr

IMG_7951 by tricialee22, on Flickr

IMG_7952 by tricialee22, on Flickr

The Marie dress is cute. I love the fabric you used for the Christmas pillow do you remember where you got it or what it is called? thx

First up is our shirt we wear on the way to Disney.
6164403256_c9596bc8bf.jpg
[/url] 100_3610 by ninimorris, on Flickr[/IMG]

I LOOOOVE this shirt. :thumbsup2 It would be perfect for us. We always drive and the kids love to write that on the back window. I will have to make some for our next trip.

MESSAGE FROM JONI!

I just got an e-mail from Joni and she asked that I post to everyone that she is having internet problems:badpc: ~ she can get on the Disboards but gets kicked right off. She is having someone come to look at her internet and hopes to get week 6 PR posted tomorrow. That being said, she will still accept entries this evening so if you still have something to submit please send it to her :)

Thanks for all of the kind words about the Grandbabies. I've been trying to catch up at work and I think I'm about there. My oldest DD left for Tampa on Sunday.
I think I mentioned before that she is a nanny and she is temporarily moving to Tampa with them while her Boss goes back school. It will be at least 2 years and then hopefully they will be back. So here I sit in NJ with my son and his family in OK and my DD in Fl. Our youngest is 18 and attending community college so we haven't lost them all yet but we are feeling our empty nest. In fact we are so sad that we have decided to adopt, we have even chosen the perfect couple and they are already expecting!

Here is the Mommy
BeautifulBrianne.jpg
[/IMG]

And the Daddy
Handsome_Artie.jpg

OK, so its will be a furbaby but we are really excited. We lost our dog last Dec and this has been the first time we have been without a dog in the 27 years we've been married. Pups are due in Oct and we can pick him up in Dec.:banana:

Thanks for all of the kind words about the Grandbabies. I've been trying to catch up at work and I think I'm about there. My oldest DD left for Tampa on Sunday.
I think I mentioned before that she is a nanny and she is temporarily moving to Tampa with them while her Boss goes back school. It will be at least 2 years and then hopefully they will be back. So here I sit in NJ with my son and his family in OK and my DD in Fl. Our youngest is 18 and attending community college so we haven't lost them all yet but we are feeling our empty nest. In fact we are so sad that we have decided to adopt, we have even chosen the perfect couple and they are already expecting!

Here is the Mommy
BeautifulBrianne.jpg
[/IMG]

And the Daddy
Handsome_Artie.jpg

OK, so its will be a furbaby but we are really excited. We lost our dog last Dec and this has been the first time we have been without a dog in the 27 years we've been married. Pups are due in Oct and we can pick him up in Dec.:banana:

Please don't take this the wrong way ...but I am soooooooo glad you do not live closer to me! We lost our shepherd in Dec of 09 (just a few days before Christmas) We had him longer than we had our youngest two children! It was really hard. Ever since hubby has been wanting to get another one...and I have resisted!

We still have two small dogs living inside (one long haired Mini Doxie and one long haired chihuahua) and with two kids I really don't want to house break another one...add to that the fact that my husband said I took a perfectly fine, trained watch dog and turned him into a lap dog!

My older kids want to get Dad a new doggie for Christmas ...but I am still standing firm...but if you DARE to post pictures of the pups I might just cave!

Nini

I should have some pics of a few outfits tonight. I did things in such a random order that some of my sets for each day are still missing a piece or two. I'll put up a family photo too.

Regards,
C.
Don't know what costume for you, but we loved dressing up for MNSSHP (2 adults). Someone suggested dragon handler/ trainer.

I love them ALL!!! Can't wait to see what you made for DS!!!!

Love the autograph book idea, so simple, but captures great memories. Glad to hear you were able to go to the movies and enjoy yourself!!!

Here is the Mommy
BeautifulBrianne.jpg
[/IMG]

And the Daddy
Handsome_Artie.jpg

They are precious. My mom got a brother/ sister pair of sheperd pups for her birthday... they are a handful!!! Hope your DD has fun while in tampa!

Question: DH wants to be t-shirt people at MNSSHP this year, and wanted the pirate t-shirt they sell (looks like it has a sash, gun, vest on it, but is flat) Is there a better way to make that? I dont have an embroidery machine, but was thinking along the lines of a plain shirt and make a sash and vest and toy sword holder...? Too cheesy? Would it look funny with shorts or jeans? TIA

IDH :eek: actually got a day off today. We're both beyond frustrated with his work right now because he should be getting paid overtime and isn't so we don't even see any extra money for all the extra hours he's been working:headache:

I love the Lion King too but how was it in 3D. We are not really into 3D movies as DH & I get headaches from them.:confused:

Here is the Mommy
BeautifulBrianne.jpg
[/IMG]

And the Daddy
Handsome_Artie.jpg

Awe love the furbabies:goodvibes

Here is the Mommy
BeautifulBrianne.jpg
[/IMG]

And the Daddy
Handsome_Artie.jpg

What beautiful dogs. My family has always had german shepards and they have always been big sweethearts. I'm sure that a little puppy will keep you busy now that you have a partial empty nest.

Oh, I love your idea for an autograph book and the idea about dating the cards and taking them out each night, less stuff to lug around. Glad you had a nice family day today with your DH. I want to take my kids to see Lion King but my son said "no thanks, I don't like the Lion King movie". I don't think he's ever seen it, that little stinker!

Love the autograph book idea, so simple, but captures great memories. Glad to hear you were able to go to the movies and enjoy yourself!!!

Thanks y'all! I can't stand carrying all kinds of stuff (and I hate when I feel like I'm carrying more and more each day) - so this worked for us. . . the former scrapbooker in me wanted to do something "more" but really, seeing the autograph and a picture of them with that character is all my boys care about :) Plus, they each have their OWN from the trip, so there's no fighting over who gets to look at Disney pictures :)

Question: DH wants to be t-shirt people at MNSSHP this year, and wanted the pirate t-shirt they sell (looks like it has a sash, gun, vest on it, but is flat) Is there a better way to make that? I dont have an embroidery machine, but was thinking along the lines of a plain shirt and make a sash and vest and toy sword holder...? Too cheesy? Would it look funny with shorts or jeans? TIA

I know exactly what you're talking about . . . I can't think of a way to do it and have it cost less . . . unless you painted your own shirt, kwim? Or did you just want it to LOOK like more??? Maybe I'm totally over thinking what you're asking? :confused3

I love the Lion King too but how was it in 3D. We are not really into 3D movies as DH & I get headaches from them.:confused:

:rotfl2: I'm too cheap to pay to see a movie in 3D. We took Phalen to see Tron:Legacy in 3D and pretty much won't do that ever again. We went and saw Lion King in regular format. They've definitely made some improvements to picture quality though. We have found that AMC Theaters have $5 tickets M-Th . . . I'm pretty sure Providence Place is AMC, isn't it?

Here is the Mommy
th_BeautifulBrianne.jpg
[/IMG]

And the Daddy
th_Handsome_Artie.jpg

Awww! That mama is gorgeous! Love her coloring! We're GSD people, too. I hope you will post pics of the puppy!

Regards,
C.

291828_10150822483210327_575830326_20839757_548490228_n.jpg

This is one of the shirts I made for the Big Give. The mom asked specifically for this image if it could be done and I am so happy it turned out pretty well. I only had a picture of a pin to work from!

This is one of the shirts I made for the Big Give. The mom asked specifically for this image if it could be done and I am so happy it turned out pretty well. I only had a picture of a pin to work from!

This turned out great. I am sure they will be very appreciative.

That is just awesome!!! So so so perfect! I am sure they'll LOVE it!!!!

mprinder: The designer is Southern Stitch Designs. She is on FB. She hasn't actually released any patterns yet. I think she is nervous to. She has some really cute patterns and I've tested some and they are thorough and easy to follow. She has the cutest skirt with pockets and I am dying for her to release it! Check her out ladies!!!

Erica

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter