Disboutiquers Part 5 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wanted to show what DD 4 wore today. She picked the fabric out before she came to live with us on a weekend visit. It was all of about 1.50 a yard on clearance! We had a psych eval so 2 dr's plus an appointment with her regular Dr. All I can say I am thankful that she at least looked cute today lol. I kept thinking of that little poem:
When she was good she was very very good ... and when she was bad she was horrid. :rotfl2: On a positive note it was not a place I wanted her to be well mannered and sweet in and I was afraid that they would only see that side of her. That office is the only place I want children to act like they do at home lol.

sewing030-1-1.jpg

sewing025-2-1.jpg

When we got home she was being a cutie. Anyway we got out the car she said Mommy you need to fix my hair again so you can take pictures of me in my new outfit! :rotfl: So we of course had to. ;)

Also if you do not mind say a little prayer that our good news gets better on Monday. I will let you guys know what is going on Monday after I talk to the kids worker either way but there could be something very very good happening very very soon! I am just trying not to jinx it by spilling the beans to early! :D
Cute outfit!!!

:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: For good news!

I LOVE Ocean City - we go there all the time - my mom has a tiny beach house and we have a blast!!!

I finally finished the birthday girls and their new dolls outfits!! They will all match!! Isnt the baby cute!!! She was a special delivery from a special friend:goodvibes

I do like the way the Alines turn out, its just finishing that last seam that really makes me nuts - on the last one - Hannah's, I cheated and just sewed the thing up and you can see the seam, oh well - do you think the 2 year old will notice???:rotfl2:

Still looking for crocs, and I think I want to make a few more outfits for the dolls and the girls for their birthdays!! I want to sew for them while they will still wear it!!!!

100_0856.jpg

100_0855.jpg

YAY its the weekend!! Gonna be a HOT one up here in PA!!!!

Wendy
Great job!!!!!!

Hi -

I made this outfit for my friends little girl (and one for hannah and eliz too for when we go to the beach this summer) I glued on the flowers around the neck - they are scrapbook buttons - do you think they will wash okay????
Abbyflowers.jpg

Thanks, WEndy

Someone PLEASE tell me 7 year olds get better!

I have been informed that 7 year olds:
1) KNOW everything
2)Can make mean faces at Mommy
3)Know MORE than grownups
4)Don't need to listen
5)Should be able to do what they want

Oh AND the Mommy of the 7 year old should do what the 7 year old wants ALL the time! :confused3

It gets better right?:scared1:

Yeah wehn they move out!!!!!:rotfl: :rotfl2: :lmao:

Sorry I was no help but I have so had one of those days with my 8 and 5 yr old!

We have this new whining rule/attitude rule that seems to be working. !st whine or tude no chance of a bedtime story 2nd whine /tude 5 minutes earlier bedtime and for every whine.tude after we make them go to bed 5 more minute earlier. So far so good. Good luck I hoe it gets better!!!!!!!

I am so excited! I am sure none of you remember but when I found this wonderful thread about 2 weeks ago I had such an urge to sew but my machine wasn't working right. I have tried to fix the tension of an on for almost 2 yrs now. I have even had my mom look at it when she has visited since she is an amazing sewer. Nothing the tension was still WAY to tight and everything jammed. Well today I said let me give it one last shot and OMG I got it working!!!!!!!:banana: :cool1: :yay: So I finally finished this american girl doll dress I was supposed to make for my dd 2 Christmases ago! I made it while she was at school. I wasn't happy with how it came out at all and was going to toss it but she saw it and said she loved it. It is so awful but if she likes it then I guess that is all that counts. Then my ds saw it and wanted something for his monkey 'Yellowy'. Great now I had to figure out how to make something for an odd shaped 8 inch stuffed monkey! So I played around with the top part of the AG doll dress pattern and made him a coat. Once again it came out awful! The sleeves are different lengths but it is done and he is happy.

I did realize while making Yellowy's jacket I think the whole time my issue with my machine was I was using the wrong kind of thread!:eek: It was such a pain in the butt to make and the machine kept jamming but I realized what was wrong! So now I have to go to the store and get a pattern to make my dd an outfitand hopefully I can learn to e a better sewer because man what I did today was awful but I will blame it on not sewing in a few yrs:rolleyes1

Wanted to show what DD 4 wore today. She picked the fabric out before she came to live with us on a weekend visit. It was all of about 1.50 a yard on clearance! We had a psych eval so 2 dr's plus an appointment with her regular Dr. All I can say I am thankful that she at least looked cute today lol. I kept thinking of that little poem:
When she was good she was very very good ... and when she was bad she was horrid. :rotfl2: On a positive note it was not a place I wanted her to be well mannered and sweet in and I was afraid that they would only see that side of her. That office is the only place I want children to act like they do at home lol.

sewing030-1-1.jpg

sewing025-2-1.jpg

When we got home she was being a cutie. Anyway we got out the car she said Mommy you need to fix my hair again so you can take pictures of me in my new outfit! :rotfl: So we of course had to. ;)

Also if you do not mind say a little prayer that our good news gets better on Monday. I will let you guys know what is going on Monday after I talk to the kids worker either way but there could be something very very good happening very very soon! I am just trying not to jinx it by spilling the beans to early! :D

She looks adorable!! I also will keep your family in my prayers!

MegaWoman - I found this on the hancocks website: http://www.hancockfabrics.com/shopp...jsp?category=0&keyword=lobster+fabric&x=0&y=0

Hi -

I made this outfit for my friends little girl (and one for hannah and eliz too for when we go to the beach this summer) I glued on the flowers around the neck - they are scrapbook buttons - do you think they will wash okay????
Abbyflowers.jpg

Thanks, WEndy

Your outfit is adorable! I love the fabric for the shorts!

If they are buttons, I would sew threw the holes a little to secure them some more before putting them through the wash.

Here are the girls Fru Flops
Kdress005.jpg

I really need to find and charge the batteries for my camera. I am not lovin my cell and dvd pix.

OMG, they are so cute...and so happy to be at the beach. Looks like we might finally get some beach whether up here this weekend.

I just had to say how much I LOVED your trip report :banana: :banana: :banana:

We have taken the family to Ocean City, NJ for a week the last 10 years. Then last year dh decided he would rather do a mountain/lake house rental rather than the beach. He has always done the beach weeks because I love it, so I agreed but added a small cruise to the end of our Disney trip to get at least a wee bit of beach time.

Well, this year dh and the kids all voted to do the mountains/lake again :sad1: We all really loved the cruise so we are again doing a Disney cruise after Disney, so I cannot really complain...but I am really missing OC.

Seeing all of the pictures was so much fun - thank you!!! We love Macs pizza! And we have ridden those same rides many a night! Thanks again for sharing and putting a smile on this beach lovers face :beach:

Hi -

Abbyflowers.jpg

Thanks, WEndy
No advice on the buttons but that outfit is CUTE!

Yeah wehn they move out!!!!!:rotfl: :rotfl2: :lmao:

Sorry I was no help but I have so had one of those days with my 8 and 5 yr old!

We have this new whining rule/attitude rule that seems to be working. !st whine or tude no chance of a bedtime story 2nd whine /tude 5 minutes earlier bedtime and for every whine.tude after we make them go to bed 5 more minute earlier. So far so good. Good luck I hoe it gets better!!!!!!!

I am so excited! I am sure none of you remember but when I found this wonderful thread about 2 weeks ago I had such an urge to sew but my machine wasn't working right. I have tried to fix the tension of an on for almost 2 yrs now. I have even had my mom look at it when she has visited since she is an amazing sewer. Nothing the tension was still WAY to tight and everything jammed. Well today I said let me give it one last shot and OMG I got it working!!!!!!!:banana: :cool1: :yay: So I finally finished this american girl doll dress I was supposed to make for my dd 2 Christmases ago! I made it while she was at school. I wasn't happy with how it came out at all and was going to toss it but she saw it and said she loved it. It is so awful but if she likes it then I guess that is all that counts. Then my ds saw it and wanted something for his monkey 'Yellowy'. Great now I had to figure out how to make something for an odd shaped 8 inch stuffed monkey! So I played around with the top part of the AG doll dress pattern and made him a coat. Once again it came out awful! The sleeves are different lengths but it is done and he is happy.

I did realize while making Yellowy's jacket I think the whole time my issue with my machine was I was using the wrong kind of thread!:eek: It was such a pain in the butt to make and the machine kept jamming but I realized what was wrong! So now I have to go to the store and get a pattern to make my dd an outfitand hopefully I can learn to e a better sewer because man what I did today was awful but I will blame it on not sewing in a few yrs:rolleyes1
Congrats on sewing again! I took a 15 year or so break. I made my DD(9) a dress for her AG doll and now my DD(5) wants a shirt for her big plastic dino.:confused3

You might want to check out the patterns on www.youcanmakethis.com I started with the easy fit pants and they came out so great that I had the confidence to move on. My DD(9) who had never seen me sew asked me how I made them look so 'real'.:laughing:

Kdress005.jpg

I really need to find and charge the batteries for my camera. I am not lovin my cell and dvd pix.
CUTE!

Okay you must tell me...what is a Safari Grand Gathering????:confused3
Safari Celebration Dinner
Make dinnertime an adventure with an amazing experience. Meet your tour guide in Asia at the "Flights of Wonder" theater for an exciting tour on Kilimanjaro Safaris.

After you've returned from your Safari, continue the Disney's Animal Kingdom fun in the Tusker House Restaurant with a delicious all-you-can-eat African-inspired dinner menu served family style. Dine on a full range of delectable foods that will please even the youngest members of your family. Then, have an "up-close" experience with exotic wildlife brought to the restaurant courtyard just to meet you — even get an autograph from one of the special Disney Characters who stop by the restaurant to say hello! And if you're celebrating a birthday, anniversary, family reunion or other special occasion, your Disney friends will surely add their recognition to the festivities. Theme park admission is required.

Price:
Adults and Juniors - $59.99, Children (ages 3-9) - $29.99 (available 180 days prior)

It will be on the 7th starting at 4:15 for those who are interested.

We just found out that we are going to be adding a new baby to our family. Our little finches have an egg in their nest. We are so excited, because we are going to be able to see how they take care of a baby.:cool1:

Aww how cool ! I hope we will get to see pictures!

Has anyone ever seen Lobster fabric? DS b-day is coming up (July 4 - I was hoping for Canada Day, July 1!) And he wants me to make lobster soup (he asked for the recipe at Coral Reef!!), and wants a cake shaped like a lobster, and saw Paula Dean make some lobster salad on her show! :rotfl2: So I though I would make him lobster shorts! I went to my local quilt shop, and they don't have any! Know where I can find some? :confused3 I did find lobster shaped pasta at a gourmet shop though . . .

Stephanie

No help but how stinking cute is he! :goodvibes i may hve to try the soup next time we are at CR!

OK so here's my last BIG GIVE top. I hope they will be suitable for Florida in August. I forget what real sunshine looks like living in grey ole' england!!!

th_Picture001-1.jpg

Sorry for the huge shadow - yep it's me!!!!
I love the mickey head too! Very cute!

Clare - I LOVE that you dotted the 'I' with a Mickey. Too cute!

Ok, I need a second (or 3rd & 4th) opinion. I grabbed these 2 fabrics out of my stash & then I wasn't sure I liked them together. The more I look at them, the more I like them, but still another opinion never hurts.
th_2008_06060007.jpg

I really think the lime green goes well with the icecream fabric! I am needing to start looking for something fabric wise for the day we go to beaches and cream lol.

The trick is, firm boundaries and quick consistent consequences for poor attitudes and disrespectful faces and comments. I swear it works. Just let them know that being seven does NOT mean they get to start disrespecting mom and dad. If they want respect they need to give it. At this age they do get that. (I had this EXACT conversation with a student this afternoon...and yep, she was seven...she had a much better afternoon after our chat!)

just one social worker's opinion!:goodvibes

Oddly enough, the REASON for the 7 year old to be upset with me was because I was being firm and told her NO (oh the horror LOL). She is the first one to tell you "Mommy does not reward bad behavior". I Think she just "forgot" today. She is sleeping peacefully in bed (her little face is so cute when it is not making mean faces LOL). Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day. :duck:

Ms Mckenna-I TOTALLY get "when she was good she was VERY good and when she was horrid" well...... LOL

totally agree wtih what you are saying about consistancy. I sware it is the key. Sorry that you get my statement though lol because that means you have probably dealt with it lol.:rotfl:

Oh, that outfit and material are the cutest!!!

I hope we hear your good news on Monday!!!
thanks so do i do so i. :)

Very pretty outfit and Good luck on the good news.

:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: For good news!

She looks adorable!! I also will keep your family in my prayers!

Love the outfit!!

Ty for all the well wishes and compliments. It is going to be a long long wait till Monday lol. :goodvibes

Oh i forgot to ask. When ordering a petti is it a bad thing to order a size larger? Or can they be taken up? DD is a 4 but skinny skinny and I am buying for our Dec trip as well. We bought one of the Disney pettis yesterday and it fit her fine it a 4. I am looking at the sites and she could either get a 2-4 or the next size up. Just debating. :)

I am so excited! I am sure none of you remember but when I found this wonderful thread about 2 weeks ago I had such an urge to sew but my machine wasn't working right.
Yeah!!! I so glad you go your sewing machine working!!!

th_Kdress005.jpg

Cute!

Today is Henry's first shift as a reserve Police Officer. So, I am sitting here nervously waiting for him to come home. He just called me to let me know he's okay (he knew I'd be worrying). I just love that man.:lovestruc

Twob4Him: LOVED the TR! :rotfl: I'm going to a graduation party at my cousin's house tomorrow. Remember the redneck camper from last summer? That's the cousin. Maybe I should do a redneck's Animal Kingdom TR.

Ok, so I was told today that I must be bored staying at home with my kids, and have nothing better to do with my time...and I can do what I do because I do not work!! Why??? This is what I was doing when one of dd's preschool friend's mom dropped by - sewing dolls/bear's clothes! She works and has every Friday off, and constantly tell me that my life must be boring, and I have all the free time to do things that I want to do that she doesn't. Anyway, I made these today - matching dolls/bears outfit...
th_IMG_5916d.jpg
th_IMG_5912d.jpg
Cute BAB outfits! I love the minnie dot dress!

I don't remember the last time I was bored. I'd really like a chance to be bored again! :thumbsup2 That was just such a disrespectful thing for her to say.

Ms Mckenna-I TOTALLY get "when she was good she was VERY good and when she was horrid" well...... LOL
Why? Do you have another child that I don't know about? I know you're not referring to that little angel I met a few weeks ago. :angel:

th_Kdress005.jpg

Too cute!

I am so excited! I am sure none of you remember but when I found this wonderful thread about 2 weeks ago I had such an urge to sew but my machine wasn't working right. I have tried to fix the tension of an on for almost 2 yrs now. I have even had my mom look at it when she has visited since she is an amazing sewer. Nothing the tension was still WAY to tight and everything jammed. Well today I said let me give it one last shot and OMG I got it working!!!!!!! So I finally finished this american girl doll dress I was supposed to make for my dd 2 Christmases ago! I made it while she was at school. I wasn't happy with how it came out at all and was going to toss it but she saw it and said she loved it. It is so awful but if she likes it then I guess that is all that counts. Then my ds saw it and wanted something for his monkey 'Yellowy'. Great now I had to figure out how to make something for an odd shaped 8 inch stuffed monkey! So I played around with the top part of the AG doll dress pattern and made him a coat. Once again it came out awful! The sleeves are different lengths but it is done and he is happy.

That deserves at least 3 of these guys!! :banana: :banana: :banana: I can't wait to see what you come up with! I 2nd the opinion that you should try the easy fit pants from youcanmakethis.com. They are the easiest thing I've ever made.

So, what color is Yellowy the monkey? :rotfl2:
Here's a picture Tessa and her first Build-A-Bear. She named him "Black". In her defense, she was only 2 and colors were not her forte! :rotfl:
2d60.jpg

I was at my Walmart this morning, and asked, as I always do WHEN they would be getting in some more fabric. The shelves are looking empty, and it scares me!!!

The lady told me that she had just taken over as the fabric department manager. Apparently, they were having problems ordering fabric, but she figured out how to order it, and just put in a big order for more fabric!!! She thought there might be Minnie Dot coming, we'll see... She said that most of it is suppose to be in next week sometime. Oh, I hope it is!!!! Our $1 section has about 10 bolts right now! It's pitiful!
Oh yeah!!!!!:banana: :banana: :banana:

th_sewing030-1-1.jpg
th_sewing025-2-1.jpg

Also if you do not mind say a little prayer that our good news gets better on Monday. I will let you guys know what is going on Monday after I talk to the kids worker either way but there could be something very very good happening very very soon! I am just trying not to jinx it by spilling the beans to early!
I LOVE that fabric! Such a cute outfit and I just know she's cute, too!

I'll say a prayer for you!!!

These outfits turned out SOOO cute!!!

Mom use to say that to Heather ALL THE TIME!

Yeah, and now she says it about Tessa. I have NO idea why. :rolleyes1

sewing030-1-1.jpg

sewing025-2-1.jpg

Love the outfit! I will definitely be praying for you guys!!!! Ohh I am sooo hoping for good news on Monday!!!:goodvibes

I finally finished the birthday girls and their new dolls outfits!! They will all match!! Isnt the baby cute!!! She was a special delivery from a special friend:goodvibes

I do like the way the Alines turn out, its just finishing that last seam that really makes me nuts - on the last one - Hannah's, I cheated and just sewed the thing up and you can see the seam, oh well - do you think the 2 year old will notice???:rotfl2:

Still looking for crocs, and I think I want to make a few more outfits for the dolls and the girls for their birthdays!! I want to sew for them while they will still wear it!!!!

100_0856.jpg

100_0855.jpg

Wendy
Awwww how cute!!!

Kdress005.jpg

Those are so cute!

Hi -

Abbyflowers.jpg

Thanks, WEndy
That is a cute comfy looking outfit. I might suggest sewing on the buttons too, just in case!

Safari Celebration Dinner
Make dinnertime an adventure with an amazing experience. Meet your tour guide in Asia at the "Flights of Wonder" theater for an exciting tour on Kilimanjaro Safaris.

After you've returned from your Safari, continue the Disney's Animal Kingdom fun in the Tusker House Restaurant with a delicious all-you-can-eat African-inspired dinner menu served family style. Dine on a full range of delectable foods that will please even the youngest members of your family. Then, have an "up-close" experience with exotic wildlife brought to the restaurant courtyard just to meet you — even get an autograph from one of the special Disney Characters who stop by the restaurant to say hello! And if you're celebrating a birthday, anniversary, family reunion or other special occasion, your Disney friends will surely add their recognition to the festivities. Theme park admission is required.

Price:
Adults and Juniors - $59.99, Children (ages 3-9) - $29.99 (available 180 days prior)

It will be on the 7th starting at 4:15 for those who are interested.
Wow that sounds like a fun thing to do. Is that something one can get on the DDP? IF we go in December we will not have the DDP unfortunately.

Oh i forgot to ask. When ordering a petti is it a bad thing to order a size larger? Or can they be taken up? DD is a 4 but skinny skinny and I am buying for our Dec trip as well. We bought one of the Disney pettis yesterday and it fit her fine it a 4. I am looking at the sites and she could either get a 2-4 or the next size up. Just debating. :)
I order the ones for my DD bigger and longer. I figured they are elastic and I want them to last a few years at least!!! Hahahaha :moped:

Ok, so I was told today that I must be bored staying at home with my kids, and have nothing better to do with my time...and I can do what I do because I do not work!! Why??? This is what I was doing when one of dd's preschool friend's mom dropped by - sewing dolls/bear's clothes! She works and has every Friday off, and constantly tell me that my life must be boring, and I have all the free time to do things that I want to do that she doesn't. Anyway, I made these today - matching dolls/bears outfit...

IMG_5916d.jpg

Pictures of dd's bear in matching AK outfit, and ds's bear in Mickey Mouse shorts (the shorts were too small!) Excuse the look on dd's bear - it is nasty looking, and it is her security item and she has had it since she turned 1! She picked it herself at Build-a-bear and that bear has never left her side since!

IMG_5912d.jpg

I will be back later after the kiddos go to bed to catch up!

Don't people just kill ya sometimes? I'm very grateful that I stay home, but there are days when I'd KILL for a "day off"...like Miss Cammie said, you can't just turn the kids off and turn them back on in the morning when you want to "work" again! ::yes::

GREAT outfits!!! I'm such a sucker for matching outfits w/dolls/bears and kids!

sewing030-1-1.jpg

sewing025-2-1.jpg

Her outfit is just so cute!
Sending you some good vibes for Monday! :goodvibes

I LOVE Ocean City - we go there all the time - my mom has a tiny beach house and we have a blast!!!

100_0856.jpg

100_0855.jpg

Wendy

Woo hoo! Love the matchy matchy! That tutti fruitti stuff is cutest!!! :love:

I really think the lime green goes well with the icecream fabric! I am needing to start looking for something fabric wise for the day we go to beaches and cream lol.
I don't remember who posted the fabrichound sight earlier today but I placed my first online order for fabric today-I had been so good about not getting sucked in.:laughing:

I didn't buy this one but was thinking Beaches & Cream when I saw it:
http://www.fabrichound.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=15_25_81&products_id=426

Today is Henry's first shift as a reserve Police Officer.
:hug:

Hi -

Abbyflowers.jpg

Thanks, WEndy

Love the fabric! SOOO cute!! :thumbsup2

Kdress005.jpg

Sooo cute! That's my next project...cute-ifying some flip flops! :love:

So, what color is Yellowy the monkey? :rotfl2:
Here's a picture Tessa and her first Build-A-Bear. She named him "Black". In her defense, she was only 2 and colors were not her forte! :rotfl:
2d60.jpg

Look at that little sweetheart! :love: that little sweetie!

1.)Today is Henry's first shift as a reserve Police Officer. So, I am sitting here nervously waiting for him to come home. He just called me to let me know he's okay (he knew I'd be worrying). I just love that man.:lovestruc

3.)Twob4Him: 1.) LOVED the TR! :rotfl: I'm going to a graduation party at my cousin's house tomorrow. Remember the redneck camper from last summer? That's the cousin. Maybe I should do a redneck's Animal Kingdom TR.
2.)So, what color is Yellowy the monkey? :rotfl2:
2d60.jpg

4.)Yeah, and now she says it about Tessa. I have NO idea why. :rolleyes1
1.)What time did he get out?
3.)Great idea!!!!
2.)She was such a cutie!!!
4.)Yeah, it's very strange since you both have straight hair!

Ok, I guess I need to go start a new thread.

From what I understand, the sizes differ in the length. The waist is buttonhole elastic. :)

Hi everyone! I used to visit daily but have been away for a while. wanted to say hello and share 3 new things I finished since I was away.
Getting ready for that next trip!

The skirts both have some appliques on the back as well. I am off to catch up on everyone!
Lori
This is so cute...is this what I have seen them calling a CASE? This may seem like a dumb question...but did you use a pillow case for the character portion?? Thx...I am new to the site and am making a couple outfits for my Daughter - 4 yrs...we're going to DL in December :) I'll post my pics, although...I do not think they can even come close to what I have seen on here so far!!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter