Disboutiquers Part 8 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is the shirt I just made for Kyle. The sleeves gave me some trouble but I think t was because the fabric was so thin. At least that is what I am hoping.
th_IMG_4710.jpg
th_IMG_4711.jpg
th_IMG_4712.jpg
th_IMG_4713.jpg

this is my new fav pattern!
If you can't tell by now Kyle is a clown!
Say goodbye to the mohawk he has class pictures Tuesday so I am cutting it.
Good bye Mohawk :wave2: Now we need to see his new hair cut!! What are you making next? I admire your beautiful floors everytime- Just wanted you to know! :goodvibes
A few things I finished. This is for a special little girl that is having a birthday this month.
th_IMG_3088.jpg

And this is one of the 2 shirts that I am making for Hank for the Big Give. At first, I thought it was terrible and didn't plan to give it to him. I think it looks OK, but not my best work
th_IMG_3086.jpg

I did the black to make it more cartoonish, but it shows allllll the mistakes.
I think Homer Looks great too!! I love the fabrics for the HSM top!!
Great Job on both!!
So here is the view from my front yard, about 30 minutes ago. The leaves are just turning and there is already snow :sad2:
th_IMG_1558-1.jpg

that white blob in the V of the mountains? Not a cloud, that's a snowy mountain.
th_IMG_1557-1.jpg

this one makes me feel like I'm freezing!
th_IMG_1559-1.jpg
Thanks for sharing your view Jeanne!! It looks so beautiful there!!
I KNOW Lilys Bo Peep costume is going to be So Beautiful!!!
I have at least 30 felt dots to cut out!! Do you think the create will cut felt?? It might be worth a try!!
I thought I would share a couple photos of it. I like the way it turned out.
th_IMG_0450.jpg
th_IMG_0451.jpg
th_IMG_0452.jpg
th_IMG_0453.jpg
th_IMG_0455.jpg
Those bags are really cute!! Don't be a stranger!!

Hold hands everyone we don't to lose anybody!! ;)

Good news!!! Katie was chosen as one of 4 4th graders in her school to do a tile art project for our town. She went yesterday to make the tiles and they go back on Nov. 8th to glaze them. The tiles will be used for a mural in town. She is pretty excited.
Congratulations! That is so neat! You will have to remember to take a picture of it to show us!

I was going to say it's very cute, but I'm not sure Kyle would appreciate that! (although, it is!) It looks fantastic!!! You did a great job! (as usual!)
Thanks! ute is still ok for him he is only 6! LOL

A few things I finished. This is for a special little girl that is having a birthday this month.
th_IMG_3088.jpg

And this is one of the 2 shirts that I am making for Hank for the Big Give. At first, I thought it was terrible and didn't plan to give it to him. I think it looks OK, but not my best work
th_IMG_3086.jpg

I did the black to make it more cartoonish, but it shows allllll the mistakes.
LOVE the HSM shirt! Nikki would love it! I saw that fabric the other day and thought about it but couldn't figure out what to make out of it! Now you have me regretting not getting it!

The Homer shirt is perfect! My best friend's DH would love that!
I bought this fabric a while ago from Hancock, and I cut it out to make my ds a button down shirt, and now I am wondering if it is too girly for a boy? He's 3 yo if that makes any difference. It has Mickey, Minnie and Pluto on it.

th_IMG_0095d.jpg
I don't think it is too girly! though it does remind me I need to make the kids their trick or treat bags out of it! It is my favorite halloween fabric.

Stunning! I can't get used to how flat it is here in the mid west!

I haven't posted in a while I have made Disney Pajama Pants for my little guy and my nephew. But I didn't take any pictures. It's a little too warm to wear them anyways.

I made my new baby niece a bag in August and then her mom wanted a matching/coordinating bag for her other daughter.

th_IMG_0450.jpg
Really cute! I love pink and green together!

Good bye Mohawk :wave2: Now we need to see his new hair cut!! What are you making next? I admire your beautiful floors everytime- Just wanted you to know! :goodvibes
Thanks about the floors. We love the. Of course if you look closely you can see the damage my kids and dog have done to the poor floors!

I will post a picture of Kyle's newly shaven head! LOL

Next on my list to make is a nightgown for Nikki from this satin with lined flannel that she has been eying for ages. I just couldn't bring my self to spend that much on it but I snuck out Saturday and bought some and will make it as a surprise for her bday. She wanted the Disney Fairies but I found this great hannah montana that I haven't seen before so I got that one. So while she is at school I am hoping to at least cut it out today.

I did whip out another one of the raglan shirts in fleece for her yesterday. They are just so easy and fast to make I love them! I have 2 more of them to make. I got Kyle this Mickey fabric and I want to make one big enough he can use it a a jacket.

For those of you who have embroidery machines? How do you embroider clothing, such as tshirts, without stitching through the back side of the shirt?? Do you have to get something special or a certain kind of embroidery machine??? or do you have <gulp> take the shirt APART and then stitch back together??????????????????????? :scared1: :scared1: :scared1: :scared1:

a lot of people hoop it and then hold the sides in place!!

What she said! It isn't nearly as bad as you would think, but it does depend on the shirt size and design size.

I have opened the side seam on shirts before, that is usually when I am doing it by hand though and a big design on a small shirt! It isn't bad at all to open the seams.

This is the sweatshirt i made Nikki. She insisted on wearing it as a jacket today.
Not sure what is with the color of these pictures. Maybe I need better lighting in my house!:rotfl:
IMG_4714.jpg
IMG_4715.jpg
IMG_4716.jpg
this last one she looks possessed! :lmao:
Once again I LOVE this pattern!

I bought this fabric a while ago from Hancock, and I cut it out to make my ds a button down shirt, and now I am wondering if it is too girly for a boy? He's 3 yo if that makes any difference. It has Mickey, Minnie and Pluto on it.

IMG_0095d.jpg

I hope it isn't too girly. I made my 9 year old DS a pair of shorts out of this fabric!

Love the Nemo outfit! I think the shirt looks great with it. The iron on is perfect!

Your baby stuff is so cute too. My neighbor is having a baby soon, so I need some ideas!

What a cute jacket! Will she be wearing it when she goes riding?

That's the idea. When I bought the fabric I thought it was going to be a jumper; bought the cutest overall clips, but Megan had other ideas. She told me she wanted me to make a shirt so she could wear it at her lessons. I compromised and made a jacket instead. Now it just needs to get colder so she can wear it!

I love your little Bo Peep so far! It is looking great!

WHAT? Not a BEACH girl?? I didn't know there was such a thing...hahaha. (Coming from a gal who literally grew up on a beach and still miss it)!!!

I know, it is terrible! I am allergic to the sun, so I have to be really careful. I do like to sit at the beach bar and have a drink, so I am not a total wet blanket! :thumbsup2

I love that jacket!!!

Thank you!

Great MAW outfit. The jacket is stunning!

Thanks!

Good-bye Mohawk! Jacob wanted one to support the Rays until I told him that when the Rays were out of it, he had to cut it off!

The jacket and the MAW outfit are great!

Thank you!

Love them both. I really like the polka dots with the HSM fabric and I think the Simpsons are not drawn perfectly to begin with, so you are fine. Although, to be honest, I don't see any mistakes on it anyway!

I don't think it looks girly at all, especially not for a little one.

I have passed by that fabric many times and have wanted it, but I am trying to stick to only one Halloween custom this year. It's so hard!

I really like the colors of the bags, so bright and cheery for a baby! And I love that they are personalized, what a nice gift!

She is so cute! Did you use Carla's raglan pattern for the sweatshirts? They really are cool.

Good-bye Mohawk! Jacob wanted one to support the Rays until I told him that when the Rays were out of it, he had to cut it off!

She is so cute! Did you use Carla's raglan pattern for the sweatshirts? They really are cool.
Let him get one! It is fun! He will only be able to wear one for so long and then he will be too old ad look silly. In a little kid it is cute. I promised Kyle he could grow it back for Disney.

Yup that is Carla's pattern! I LOVE IT:lovestruc :lovestruc I have at least 3 more sweat shirts planned! I am actually trying to figure out how to up size it for me! LOL:lmao: :lmao:

A very good morning to all of you FABULOUS Disboutiquers!!!!

Ahhhhhh! What a beautiful view!
I want to move to Utah!
I agree w/ Tom. Except I have a sneaking suspicion that that snow eventually makes it's way to your house. That really wouldn't work for me:rotfl: Not to mention, could you imagine the accidents I'd have if there were ice around??? There is a reason that I've never skied- I've never broken a bone and don't want to!!!

I guess I had the appointment I thought I had today mis-scheduled so here I am. I am watching the office while my parents are on vacay in Mexico so hopefully I'll be around for the big move. I have my project tote in the car, I might finish up cutting out my 2 bowling shirts, if I feel ambitious. Last night was another marathon cleaning session (my bedroom, closet and bath this time!) and that after a day of running around and sewing:surfweb: I'm going to have some herbal tea, take my vitamins, eat a pumpkin cookie and hop that I wake up a bit.
...t.

BTW- I only have 11 days left 'til WDW:banana: :banana: :banana:

I now remember why I don't normally let people con me into making my sugar cookies more than at Christmas time. Ugh, that is way to much work. I got +/- 3 dozen cookies decorated tonight for the bake sale. I have about a dozen left that I'll decorate later. I just couldn't do any more tonight.

My DH and I decorated 350 cookies for his sister's wedding a year and a half ago and I haven't decorated one since! And I haven't missed it! They are so time consuming, my arms, hands, and wrists hurt and it's kind of messy! Anyway here is a picture of one of them that we did. You can't really tell but it is a heart cookie with white icing and purple scrolls.

cookie.jpg

That is the most beautiful view!! Coming from a girl in AL where the high today is supposed to be in the mid to upper 80's :eek: . I'm ready for fall!

I konw, don't you just love it? And next week it will probably be freezing. If you don't like the weather just stick around for a while! Especially on the coast!

I haven't posted in a while I have made Disney Pajama Pants for my little guy and my nephew. But I didn't take any pictures. It's a little too warm to wear them anyways.

I made my new baby niece a bag in August and then her mom wanted a matching/coordinating bag for her other daughter.

IMG_0450.jpg

Inside the bag
IMG_0451.jpg

The back of the bag.
IMG_0452.jpg

I also used the same fabrics to make another bag for a friend of mine. These photos aren't as good. The color isn't very good but it is the same fabrics I used for the other bag. I took the other pictures earlier today.
Front of the bag
IMG_0453.jpg

IMG_0455.jpg

great job! I'm still akeered of bag making!

This is the sweatshirt i made Nikki. She insisted on wearing it as a jacket today.
Not sure what is with the color of these pictures. Maybe I need better lighting in my house!:rotfl:
IMG_4714.jpg

Once again I LOVE this pattern!

she looks so cute--and warm and cozy--it's kinda cold here this morning...if you figure out enlarging that pattern let me know :laughing:

My DH and I decorated 350 cookies for his sister's wedding a year and a half ago and I haven't decorated one since! And I haven't missed it! They are so time consuming, my arms, hands, and wrists hurt and it's kind of messy! Anyway here is a picture of one of them that we did. You can't really tell but it is a heart cookie with white icing and purple scrolls.

cookie.jpg

that's a beautiful cookie--I love sugar cookies but hate decorating them.

I'm ready to start making Jayden's Elphaba costume today and I can't find my pattern! UGH! Why is my craft room such a mess? I am running out of time. I may have to go try to buy it again.

Usually right around page 250. Teresa is pretty good about getting the new thread ready w/ the rules and bookmarks etc... and keeping a watchful eye when we near 250.

Back in Jan (or Feb) I was having a lot of pain in my hand. After 2 weeks I went to my doc he sent me for an x ray which came back clean and then dismissed me. It went away about a week later. Yesterday my hand started aching again (the outer edge of my hand from between the wrist bones and all the way up my pinky finger.) I can't turn the door knob or steering wheel or lift my coffee cup w/out a LOT of pain. So I am typing w/ one hand which is really frustrating:rotfl: Especially since I have 2 essays to type up today.:headache:

...t.

From the opinion of a (former) nursing mom, my babies would get very hot and sweaty while nursing, so the lighter the coverup the better!

There are too many Kristine Smiths! Are you the one on the exercise ball??

Looks like we will be moving tomorrow, everyone start packing up now. Everyone have a buddy??? We don't want to lose anyone.

Thanks for the advise on the nursing covers, I think I will stick to the one fabric (saves me a trip to JoAnn's!)

I find it really funny that you think I'm the one on the exercise ball!!! That would NEVER be me :rotfl: but I had to go find her. Man, I wish that were me!!! No, I'm the one with the Pumpkin-shaped head. Under my name it should say Boston, MA and Stonehill Alum '99, It also has a pic of me at 1900 PF. Hope that helps for anyone who wants to be my friend!

Are we moving today???

Can I just say one more thing.....:rolleyes1 .....:lmao:

I know we are all already Carla C fans but I'd just like to say that recently I finally got around to using some other YCMT patterns that I have and REALLY, hers are the best. I have not been as happy with most of the others. Don't get me wrong there are some really good patterns, it's just...well... I guess Carla spoils us!

Thanks Carla!:thumbsup2
...t.

This was taken Aug 31st.
snow.jpg

JHAM, we had the same this weeked and today it is still clouds low on the mountains so I can't get a picture yet. We are in Wyoming. I worked at Snowbasin last year. The Utah snow is the best!

Are you LDS? Just wondering since we are state neighbors and you sew, quilt, and all thing relief society.

SAHM, sorry about your hands but the cookies look great.

This was taken Aug 31st.
snow.jpg

JHAM, we had the same this weeked and today it is still clouds low on the mountains so I can't get a picture yet. We are in Wyoming. I worked at Snowbasin last year. The Utah snow is the best!

Are you LDS? Just wondering since we are state neighbors and you sew, quilt, and all thing relief society.

SAHM, sorry about your hands but the cookies look great.

Wow! It sure is pretty out west. My sister lives in Utah and I've never been there. Maybe I should schedule a trip!

Gosh, don't you hate it when you schedule a move and the movers don't show up! :rotfl2:

By the time we move I should have pictures of Dallas' Haunted Mansion outfit! Atleast the front of it, which I have decided worst case scenerio is perfectly fine to not put anything on the back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter