Disboutiquers Part 8 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew

Status
Not open for further replies.
Before you all get ready to move, I just wanted to let you know that I am still following along but haven't had much time to post over here. I love all the things everyone is making. Right now, I am in the middle of a poodle skirt marathon. I am making 10 skirts with net or tulle slips for the ladies my daughter works with cutting hair. They are having a halloween party and wanted everyone from their store to have poodle skirts. Mandy asked me if I would do it and of course, my head does not move in the No up and down motion so "Felt is my friend" these days.

Anyway, I want everyone who has had trouble, struggles, bad days etc. to know that my thoughts and prayers have been with you all even if I didn't have a chance to comment. I guess it is easier for me to pray than type!

Jeanne,
I loved your pictures of our mountains. After the rain all day Saturday and then early Sunday, I was so thrilled to have the sun come out and the clouds roll away to reveal those gorgeous snow capped Wasatch mountains. This is my favorite time in Utah!

I'll get my moving buddy and remember to hold hands when the moment comes.

:grouphug:
Denise

This is the sweatshirt i made Nikki. She insisted on wearing it as a jacket today.
Not sure what is with the color of these pictures. Maybe I need better lighting in my house!:rotfl:
th_IMG_4714.jpg
th_IMG_4715.jpg
th_IMG_4716.jpg
this last one she looks possessed! :lmao:
Once again I LOVE this pattern!
She looks warm and toasty!! Really Cute!!
This was taken Aug 31st.
th_snow.jpg

JHAM, we had the same this weeked and today it is still clouds low on the mountains so I can't get a picture yet. We are in Wyoming. I worked at Snowbasin last year. The Utah snow is the best!

Are you LDS? Just wondering since we are state neighbors and you sew, quilt, and all thing relief society.

SAHM, sorry about your hands but the cookies look great.

Wow you have a great view too!!!
I went to Colorado (rocky mountain national park) in July once and we had a Snowball fight in our shorts!!! I guess maybe those higher elevations keep some snow year round. It's like summer and winter all at once!! It was kind of fun actually!!

:rotfl: That happened to me when I went to Pikes Peak. Here I am FL. girl through and through, it's mid july and I'm in the shortest shorts I own and a half shirt when we left to drive up Pikes Peak, by the time we got to the top there wasnt just snow on the ground but it WAS snowing :scared1: My girlfriend Amy and I (Who took this cross country trip prior to moving into our apartment for college) had NOT taken this possibility into consideration:rotfl: :rotfl: Crazy girls!:rolleyes1 Glad to see I wasn't the only one to do this!

:rotfl: That happened to me when I went to Pikes Peak. Here I am FL. girl through and through, it's mid july and I'm in the shortest shorts I own and a half shirt when we left to drive up Pikes Peak, by the time we got to the top there wasnt just snow on the ground but it WAS snowing :scared1: My girlfriend Amy and I (Who took this cross country trip prior to moving into our apartment for college) had NOT taken this possibility into consideration:rotfl: :rotfl: Crazy girls!:rolleyes1 Glad to see I wasn't the only one to do this!

Gosh, I wouldn't know anyone that did this either up on Pike's Peak :rolleyes1 Although I bet that person had on her winter coat atleast with shorts!:sad2:

I just knew that by the time I got all caught up from the weekend that we'd have a new thread so I didn't bother quoting everyone. There were some great things posted & I saw several people that need hugs & that I will be praying for. I'm on Facebook, too. I think I sent all of you pm's.

Can I just say one more thing.....:rolleyes1 .....:lmao:

I know we are all already Carla C fans but I'd just like to say that recently I finally got around to using some other YCMT patterns that I have and REALLY, hers are the best. I have not been as happy with most of the others. Don't get me wrong there are some really good patterns, it's just...well... I guess Carla spoils us!

Thanks Carla!:thumbsup2
...t.

so true!

This was taken Aug 31st.
snow.jpg

JHAM, we had the same this weeked and today it is still clouds low on the mountains so I can't get a picture yet. We are in Wyoming. I worked at Snowbasin last year. The Utah snow is the best!

Are you LDS? Just wondering since we are state neighbors and you sew, quilt, and all thing relief society.

SAHM, sorry about your hands but the cookies look great.

Howdy neighbor! Yes I am LDS, "all things relief society" :lmao: yeah, pretty much, except for Relief Society itself. I've been stuck in the nursery forever.

Wow! It sure is pretty out west. My sister lives in Utah and I've never been there. Maybe I should schedule a trip!

where in Utah does she live? you should definitely visit! I can recommend a few not to miss locations!

Before you all get ready to move, I just wanted to let you know that I am still following along but haven't had much time to post over here. I love all the things everyone is making. Right now, I am in the middle of a poodle skirt marathon. I am making 10 skirts with net or tulle slips for the ladies my daughter works with cutting hair. They are having a halloween party and wanted everyone from their store to have poodle skirts. Mandy asked me if I would do it and of course, my head does not move in the No up and down motion so "Felt is my friend" these days.

Anyway, I want everyone who has had trouble, struggles, bad days etc. to know that my thoughts and prayers have been with you all even if I didn't have a chance to comment. I guess it is easier for me to pray than type!

Jeanne,
I loved your pictures of our mountains. After the rain all day Saturday and then early Sunday, I was so thrilled to have the sun come out and the clouds roll away to reveal those gorgeous snow capped Wasatch mountains. This is my favorite time in Utah!

I'll get my moving buddy and remember to hold hands when the moment comes.

:grouphug:
Denise

Isn't it beautiful here this time of year? I LOVE it! That is a LOT of poodle skirts! I only made one and it was plenty. You aren't doing zippers are you?

I'm freaking out because I bought Simplicity 4136 to make Jayden's Elphaba dress and I can't find the pattern :scared1: I went to walmart and they were out. I need to have her dress done before we leave on our trip in just over a week so I can't order it online. Looks like I'm going to waste a day ripping apart my craft room looking for it again. :sad1:

I know we are all already Carla C fans but I'd just like to say that recently I finally got around to using some other YCMT patterns that I have and REALLY, hers are the best. I have not been as happy with most of the others. Don't get me wrong there are some really good patterns, it's just...well... I guess Carla spoils us!
...t.

Lurking again here...

I SO agree! Not that I'm very experienced in the first place, but I do love her patterns because they are so great for beginners. I talked to her on Facebook yesterday and told her I don't know if I can sew with a pattern other than hers because I haven't tried. When I said that, though, I was forgetting about the Tween Flared Skirt. I do love that skirt, but I screwed it up somehow and my size 8 turned out more like a size 6--way too tight for Shay Lynne. I got on this weekend to see if I had made a mistake printing, but no matter what I set the percentage to, the 1-inch box turned out to be less than one inch. Any ideas why?

She lives in Ogden. And she's lived there for awhile. I should be ashamed of myself that I've never been there :)

yes, you should :snooty: I love the mountains, but I must say the deserts of Southern Utah are AMAZING! I could just live in Arches National Park. Zion's National Park is also TDF! Canyonlands is also a fav. Lake Powell--also cool. They are nice to visit in spring or fall, summer is too hot.

Lurking again here...

I SO agree! Not that I'm very experienced in the first place, but I do love her patterns because they are so great for beginners. I talked to her on Facebook yesterday and told her I don't know if I can sew with a pattern other than hers because I haven't tried. When I said that, though, I was forgetting about the Tween Flared Skirt. I do love that skirt, but I screwed it up somehow and my size 8 turned out more like a size 6--way too tight for Shay Lynne. I got on this weekend to see if I had made a mistake printing, but no matter what I set the percentage to, the 1-inch box turned out to be less than one inch. Any ideas why?
not sure, but I'm sure someone knows. I end up printing my patterns with adobe photoshop. It's a PITB but they come out the right size without me having to click or check anything :confused3

Lurking again here...

I'm just checking in real quick to make sure I hadn't missed the move!

I had the same problem when I made this pattern! It printed correctly, but it was much too small. I ended up adding a couple more strips to get it to fit.

I'm hoping to get caught up a little tomorrow, so I'll catch you all after the move! :wave2:

Insignificant update: Luke just found my pattern :hug: :banana: :banana: :banana: somehow it had mysteriously migrated down the hall from my craft room to the toy room:confused3

yes, you should :snooty: I love the mountains, but I must say the deserts of Southern Utah are AMAZING! I could just live in Arches National Park. Zion's National Park is also TDF! Canyonlands is also a fav. Lake Powell--also cool. They are nice to visit in spring or fall, summer is too hot.

Deserts??? Wow, I really need a geography refresher course. I didn't even know Utah had deserts :rotfl:

so true!

Howdy neighbor! Yes I am LDS, "all things relief society" :lmao: yeah, pretty much, except for Relief Society itself. I've been stuck in the nursery forever.

where in Utah does she live? you should definitely visit! I can recommend a few not to miss locations!

Isn't it beautiful here this time of year? I LOVE it! That is a LOT of poodle skirts! I only made one and it was plenty. You aren't doing zippers are you?

I'm freaking out because I bought Simplicity 4136 to make Jayden's Elphaba dress and I can't find the pattern :scared1: I went to walmart and they were out. I need to have her dress done before we leave on our trip in just over a week so I can't order it online. Looks like I'm going to waste a day ripping apart my craft room looking for it again. :sad1:

Nursery, I would love the Nursery, I was Primary Pres for 5 years in an all boys branch and then Mike and I have been teaching 13 14-17year old boys in Sunday School now for a year!

So glad you found your pattern, I swear those things have legs. No, no zippers. I chose the pattern and that was the first thing I checked. They all have elastic in the waistband. It's a really simple pattern and felt works wonderfully but one lady wants a plaid fabric so that one will require hemming ARGH!!

Denise

okay, I figured if I post all of these pics here it will take up some space on the page and ya'll can make your move faster. ;) So...to show you the clothing on the children while in the parks...
These are poohnpigletCA's girls at Disneyland last week. Enjoy!

DSC02288.jpg

DSC02370.jpg

DSC02441.jpg

DSC02359.jpg

DSC02501.jpg

DSC02512.jpg

I am going to go backwards and get caught up, but I just wanted to let you guys know that Riley just went to school and I think that her "problem" has permanently left the school!!!!!!

I will probably be known as the town hag to a few, but I just couldn't let it continue.

FAIRYGODMOTHER, those are amazing. The girls look beautiful in them. I am just blown away each time I see them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!