"discount" Critical Word

Cheshire Figment

<font color=red><marquee behavior=alternate>Friend
A friend of mine who works at the CRO/DTC call center told me that they are not allowed to offer any reduced prices on rooms unless you specifically ask for discounted prices or use the word discount in your request.

For example, if you say you are an AAA member, a Florida Resident, and an Annual Passholder and ask for "the best rate you can give me", the answer will be the rack rate. If you give the same qualifications and ask for available discounts, the agent is then allowed to give you the various discounted rates.

In other words, you MUST specifically ask for a "discount", using that word, before you can be offered any special rate. We know it is silly, but that are the rules they must work under and obey.

Originally posted by Cheshire Figment
A friend of mine who works at the CRO/DTC call center told me that they are not allowed to offer any reduced prices on rooms unless you specifically ask for discounted prices or use the word discount in your request.

For example, if you say you are an AAA member, a Florida Resident, and an Annual Passholder and ask for "the best rate you can give me", the answer will be the rack rate. If you give the same qualifications and ask for available discounts, the agent is then allowed to give you the various discounted rates.

In other words, you MUST specifically ask for a "discount", using that word, before you can be offered any special rate. We know it is silly, but that are the rules they must work under and obey.

sounds like a car dealership, geez :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter