Discount rumors

Snow White 77

Earning My Ears
there was a rumor for new discounts happening around April 11th but that has come and gone. Any new rumors?

there was a rumor for new discounts happening around April 11th but that has come and gone. Any new rumors?

These are the discounts posted around that time last year. Both are before GE opening so maybe we will still see them? Or maybe not. It depends on if there is a need by Disney for that time frame to fill rooms.

6/11/18-8/1/18 10%-25% off room-only rates for general public (also bookable as package through 8/30/18) posted on 3/21/18

6/11/18-8/30/18 20%-30% off room-only rates for Annual Passholders (also bookable as AP package) posted on 4/10/18

6/25/18-8/30/18 20%-36% off room-only rates for Florida Residents (also bookable as package) posted on 4/17/18

Ok so I know you know WE ALL KNOW that most likely what with Stat Wars opening there wont be anymore discounts released for this fall. What date do they usually release them though....

A lot of the current discounts (valid through 6/30) end on 4/27. Since that's also the end of the spring break surge, my guess is that any new discounts will be released after that. But I'm not so sure there will be any discounts.

There's going to be some form of discounts eventually, despite SWGE. They increased many room rates for October & beyond on 3/25 so ~20% off the new rates is only ~10% off the old rates, so there's plenty of room to do so.

https://www.mousesavers.com/historical-information-on-walt-disney-world-resort-discounts/

This link has the discount history. If you look at the "through 9/30" discounts in 2019 (came out Jan 2), we actually got them a lot earlier than in years past. Last year, Free Dining for Sep/Oct/Nov/1st wk of December didn't come out until 4/24/2018. Actual room discounts for those months didn't come out until June. I think everyone's getting antsy because the discounts through September came so early this year, but there's still a lot of time left for them to come out with fall discounts.

I would imagine that unless the economy tanks before then, we won't see many, if any additional discounts for U.S. residents for the next couple of years.
Anything is possible and I'd never say never gonna happen but I put this at about a .00001% chance.

For better or worse they have conditioned their guest to a discount. There is an avg of 7 days a year without one for any recent history. If they stop abruptly like you suggest, I don't think a change in economy will be what makes things change for them
GE won't be THAT big a draw for THAT long

Anything is possible and I'd never say never gonna happen but I put this at about a .00001% chance.

For better or worse they have conditioned their guest to a discount. There is an avg of 7 days a year without one for any recent history. If they stop abruptly like you suggest, I don't think a change in economy will be what makes things change for them
GE won't be THAT big a draw for THAT long

I sure hope not, but look at Pandora. Still pretty busy with long lines most of the time for FoP.

I sure hope not, but look at Pandora. Still pretty busy with long lines most of the time for FoP.
True. And it never stopped discounts. Not that it was ever expected to do so or expected to draw anywhere close to the same crowds.
Plus, there's still free dining discounts for Europeans.
I just am not drawing the conclusion that there will be no more discounts for years at this point.
Granted, I stand to be wrong, I have been before and will be again.

People like discounts. Increase room rates by 20%. A few weeks later introduce a 10% discount.

Yepper, just like shopping at Kohls. Pricing is crazy to start with, but show 30% off and people are tearing up the racks for a "discount" and collecting those Kohl's bucks they never use thinking they are getting a bargain when in truth they are still paying more than regular price. :rotfl::laughing:

You have to take the time and do some research to find out what kind of a discount you are really getting on any certain item, dining, or resort. There really are some out there occasionally. We stayed a week at The B for under $900 and had no problem with it. worth it for us to be off property, which really isn't considering its proximity to DS. Just not Disney themed, but neither are some of the moderates anymore, really.

Yepper, just like shopping at Kohls. Pricing is crazy to start with, but show 30% off and people are tearing up the racks for a "discount" and collecting those Kohl's bucks they never use thinking they are getting a bargain when in truth they are still paying more than regular price. :rotfl::laughing:
Funny how often folks bring that up.
Remember when Penney's tried to cut out the whole, discount/real price/discount cycle and just give you a real price that was lower and not offer the "discounts" anymore? Instead of marking something with a retail price of $40 and putting a sale sign on it for $25 they just put a retail price on the items for $25. No sales. People stopped going. They couldn't comprehend that they were getting the items at the same price as they did with the sale/coupon. The shopping public is just too conditioned to have to have that sale, that coupon, that discount, even if it's not truly anything off the retail price. It's all in the perception.

We still get pin codes in the mail for 30% off deluxe or 20 off value. Etc. just got one for this spring summer into fall. Economy is booming now so I’m not complaining. We go in May. So I can usually get a Value resort for a great deal. Imho.

Funny how often folks bring that up.
Remember when Penney's tried to cut out the whole, discount/real price/discount cycle and just give you a real price that was lower and not offer the "discounts" anymore? Instead of marking something with a retail price of $40 and putting a sale sign on it for $25 they just put a retail price on the items for $25. No sales. People stopped going. They couldn't comprehend that they were getting the items at the same price as they did with the sale/coupon. The shopping public is just too conditioned to have to have that sale, that coupon, that discount, even if it's not truly anything off the retail price. It's all in the perception.
Except that isn't what actually happened. They marked everything at the full MSRP, which is the insane starting point. I bought Jeans from JCP my whole life, could always get them for around $35. When they decided to stop doing "sales" my same jeans cost $60, which was the full MSRP, I went down to Macy's and got them for $40. This seemed to be the case on just about everything I looked at there during that time. The CEO was trying to make them a premium product with a premium price, not get rid of the fake sales and just have a lower price.

I don't think Wal-Mart does the fake sale thing and people always think they are cheapest on everything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter