Discounted MBs No Longer Offered to Canadians?

You can still order Magic Bands. All you need to to do is change to the US version of the website. I need to do this all the time to see AP discounts. So I just do it whenever I go to the website 🤪 I confirmed I can order MB’s for my AP and future stays. (My trip a couple weeks ago, I just waited until I was in the window where they ship to the resort and I picked up there) My Canadian Address is attached to my account, but my shipping address is currently a US one.
Okay, I'm there, I can see my magic bands, but I don't see how to order one. The only link is for "not a resort guest and not an annual passholder" which takes me to shop disney. "Eligible Guests" can click the "Get Started" button but there is no get started button. So I guess I'm not an eligible guest? I'm not an AP holder, but I am a resort guest. So 11 days out I hope they have the mb+ I want. Either that or I can buy one when I arrive. Why do they have to make it so complicated?

Okay, I'm there, I can see my magic bands, but I don't see how to order one. The only link is for "not a resort guest and not an annual passholder" which takes me to shop disney. "Eligible Guests" can click the "Get Started" button but there is no get started button. So I guess I'm not an eligible guest? I'm not an AP holder, but I am a resort guest. So 11 days out I hope they have the mb+ I want. Either that or I can buy one when I arrive. Why do they have to make it so complicated?
I too decided to see if that worked -- it didn't. I have friends in Texas so I changed mailing address to their's which was no problem. May try it later closer to the date it will be sent to the resort and not to the address if they don't change to allowing Canadians to preorder again.

Rumour on other WDW forums is it's a trademark issue outside the US with name 'magicbands'. Heard WDW may change the name globally to 'disneybands' and this may already be happening on Disney cruise lines. The bottom line - again part of the rumour - is they don't intend to shut out international guests forever and will resume sales of the bands just like before with shipment to resort. How long that will be, we don't know. WDW isn't known for moving quickly. Whether the rumour is true or even makes sense is anyone's guess.

Rumour on other WDW forums is it's a trademark issue outside the US with name 'magicbands'. Heard WDW may change the name globally to 'disneybands' and this may already be happening on Disney cruise lines. The bottom line - again part of the rumour - is they don't intend to shut out international guests forever and will resume sales of the bands just like before with shipment to resort. How long that will be, we don't know. WDW isn't known for moving quickly. Whether the rumour is true or even makes sense is anyone's guess.
Thanks for this. I’ll hold on to the hope it offers! 😊

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter