Discounted Theme Park Ticket Options

Samantha Egbert

Earning My Ears
Hi!!! This is my first post and henceforth an absolute newbie!

My fiancé and I wanted to have everyone (our guests) join us at Magic Kingdom the day before the wedding. At first we thought it would be a nice gesture to get them all a one day ticket, but then we thought perhaps we could cut it in half. They pay half of what they normally would and we pay the rest. Like, have a special accommodation with Disney that they charge the guests $50 for that day in that park and then charge us the rest when someone purchases one.

Anyhow, in short, I was wondering if anyone has arranged with Disney to split the cost of theme park tickets for their guests.

Welcome!

If you're planning your wedding through Disney's Fairy Tale Weddings, the only discount they offer on park admission is $20 off the cost of a Park Hopper, so, not very useful in your situation. If you set up a room block, your guests can access the after-2pm and after-5pm tickets available to convention groups, which cost less than full-day tickets. Otherwise, I have never seen Disney do any kind of payment-splitting for park tickets, but it can't hurt to call and ask: (407) 828-3318

If that doesn't work out, how about getting all your guests a Disney gift card equal to half the cost? Tell them the gift card is to offset the cost of tickets to join you at MK. They can then use the gift card to pay for the ticket (or pay for food/souvies if that still doesn't entice them to go to MK).

The gift card is an idea. Does it seem like a bribe then? We could put a smaller denomination in their welcome bags, right? That way they could off-set the cost of park tickets or what have you. I'm still going to ask about splitting the cost with them. From here and from Disney Travel Babble I understand that just because Disney hasn't done something before doesn't mean they won't do it. That's how we wound up with our venue of Fort Wilderness! A bride a few years ago wanted her reception there and she was the first. It apparently worked out well enough that they put it on the list!

The gift card is an idea. Does it seem like a bribe then? We could put a smaller denomination in their welcome bags, right? That way they could off-set the cost of park tickets or what have you. I'm still going to ask about splitting the cost with them. From here and from Disney Travel Babble I understand that just because Disney hasn't done something before doesn't mean they won't do it. That's how we wound up with our venue of Fort Wilderness! A bride a few years ago wanted her reception there and she was the first. It apparently worked out well enough that they put it on the list!

What are your guests like? Would they want to know the gift ahead of time? Will any be interested in purchasing their tickets beforehand to get FPs?

Well since we are older (I'm in my late 30's and FH is in his late 40's) our friends are older too. They are more FH's age then mine and even older. They are established in their careers and most have enough funds to get down there, but I think about half of them have never even been to Disney. Or at least in a long time... That being said, that is why I thought it would be nice to get everyone in a park together. Some may not even know everything there is to see and do... and EAT! If we do it in the welcome bags it would function more as a gift really. But, if we can arrange something ahead of time I would let them know. I'd phrase it on our website to let them know that we are offsetting the costs of the tickets maybe? Maybe an idea is to see if we could do a tour without the cost getting out of control.

I know these are all questions to ask our planner, but we are so early in our planning that we haven't even had our introductory phone call yet. I'm just trying to get a head start. We'd like to send out our save-th-dates as soon as possible and I'd like to have at least some of it on the website for them so they can plan their trip if they are attending.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!