Discounts for July 2018?

I am on hold. The online discount would save me $155 a night at the GF but they can't apply it for some reason. They are sending me to a supervisor. Worst case scenario I cancel and rebook online! Drats! Trying to avoid the parking fee (more for principle than anything but it would also be nice to save $72!!)

I called and they gave me the discount to apply to my existing reservation. Worth holding a while to save $5-600. Thanks for heads up!

Trying to change our WL reservation to POFQ to save almost $800, since a discount for WL didn't pan out. Currently stuck on Woody for several minutes as it "processes" checkout. Not sure if it's going to go. ETA- I hit the back button even though Woody told me not to, and eventually got the change confirmed.

Our trip starts July 4 :) it's sounding good for lower crowds maybe?

I called and they gave me the discount to apply to my existing reservation. Worth holding a while to save $5-600. Thanks for heads up!

Same here - was on hold for little over 30 mins, but saved over $400 at ASMu , and was able to get preferred room in lieu of the standard we had booked -

We changed our stay from CR (garden wing) to AKL for our dates (7/14-7/21). We absolutely love AKL (this will be our 3rd stay). I was looking forward to trying CR for the first time, but it was too much of a savings for us to switch.

I was able to change two hotel rooms easily online in order to get the promotion. Then I tried to change a couple of dining reservations, and the website decided to not work. Honestly, I was surprised I was even able to change my hotel reservation so easily... usually Disney’s website crashes anytime they start a promotion! Got back on an hour later and dining worked just fine!

Can’t wait for July!

Last edited:
From what I see so far (I'm looking at our dates: 07/13 - 07/19):
POP - no discounts available, only preferred rooms available at rack rate
POR - looks like 10% off room, no std and no pref available

I was disappointed because we only saved $166 per room at POR garden view 7/27-8/4 ($20/night X 3 rooms) I was really hoping for the 20% off from last summer but now I'm grateful to get a small savings. Happy I booked in January and was able to modify our reservation, so no parking fees for us.

I booked our Jul 28 - Aug 2 vacation in January and did the free quick service meal per day in a preferred room at POP. Does anyone know if they would add in the current discount to our current package? My hunch says no...we booked prior to 2018 ticket & memory maker price increases and the parking fee....not sure if the people who were able to add the discounts have a similar situation to mine. Thanks!

Yes they will! We booked last November and I called yesterday. I even changed resorts and saved $700. Plus it doesn’t change reservations so we won’t have the parking fees

Yes they will! We booked last November and I called yesterday. I even changed resorts and saved $700. Plus it doesn’t change reservations so we won’t have the parking fees
Did you have room only or a special package/prior offer? I am more concerned bc we have that 1 Free QS meal per day deal and I don't know what they will do. I'll call during my lunch hour either way. Hoping for some Disney magic to save a little bit more $ :)

You won’t be able to do 2 discounts so probably wouldn’t be able to do the special meal discount along with a room discount. We had a package but no dining. Ours was just a regular package and then I called to apply the discount.

We booked in December for July. Because of this, we won’t have to pay for parking and won’t have to pay the higher park ticket price. Should our TA find us an upgrade deal or Disney decide to give us a pixie dust upgrade because of our 25th Anniversary, would those lower park ticket prices go up and would we have to pay for parking?

I booked our Jul 28 - Aug 2 vacation in January and did the free quick service meal per day in a preferred room at POP. Does anyone know if they would add in the current discount to our current package? My hunch says no...we booked prior to 2018 ticket & memory maker price increases and the parking fee....not sure if the people who were able to add the discounts have a similar situation to mine. Thanks!

You would be able to modify your current reservation at Pop to the new Summer Discount if there are rooms available at Pop for that promotion. You might have to change resorts or room categories to find a room at the Summer Promotion price (but that can be a modification). You would not be able to have both the Summer Discount *and* the Summer Meal Deal on your reservation. It's one or the other, not both. My TA & I ran the numbers for our family and the Summer Meal Deal is the better option for us...but we're 6 Disney Adults, so that's makes a difference. If it was close (in saving) my TA was going to modify our package to the new deal.

Did you have room only or a special package/prior offer? I am more concerned bc we have that 1 Free QS meal per day deal and I don't know what they will do. I'll call during my lunch hour either way. Hoping for some Disney magic to save a little bit more $ :)

I also booked the first part of our split stay as a package under that plan and upgraded to the basic dining with our tickets on it. The whole thing cost more under this current deal, so I left it alone.

But, Interestingly enough, the 2nd part of our split stay was to WL CL and I was able to apply the discount to save about $550. However, when I was on hold I looked it up online and it showed no availability on our Standard CL room there. But, He was able to apply it when I called. I figured I may have to change to BWI, which did show availability, but I guess the computer isn't always the whole picture.

Wasn't able to modify our POFQ room for late July yesterday... but then got a UOC in my email today & was able to get a discount for POFQ! Miracle! I don't think I've ever seen a discount for FQ :D

So I could stay at the poly for 4600 for 6 days 5 nights with 5 day park tickets and dining plan and that's with the theme park view. Hmmmis that a good deal?

I have been mulling over which room to book with the summer discount, as there were only Club Level rooms available at Yacht Club initially and Beach Club rooms were not looking like a great value. As of this morning, garden view rooms showed up at YC, for $40 less a night than same category Beach Club rooms, so I booked! Keep checking site if you haven't found what you want, as I have seen variety in availability over the last few days. I am guessing as people cancel and rebook with the discount it opens up different room categories.

I was not able to book the Summer Package deal online for my July 11-18 stay at POP but took a chance and called today. The rep. was able to apply the discount to my existing reservation so I saved an additional $282.59. Not much but more to spend in the parks! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!