Discovery AP questions

ScotnSteph

Mouseketeer
My husband and I will be taking our first trip to Paris the end of November 2018 to meet up with our daughter who will be doing a study abroad semester this fall in England. We are huge WDW fans and can't wait to visit Disneyland Paris. We will be staying in the Val D'Europe area for 7 nights and split our time between Disney and central Paris. I was planning to buy three day tickets and then I saw the AP prices. It would be less expensive to get the Discovery AP and allow us to visit the parks on more than 3 days. As I have explored this option, I had some questions.

1. If we were to buy our Discovery AP passes at the park on Friday, November 30th would our 2nd and 3rd day blockout on this pass be Saturday and Sunday, Dec 1st and 2nd? It seems obvious, but these are blockout days for the pass already. Or would the fact that those are already blockout dates, extend our 2nd and 3rd day blockout to Monday and Tuesday?

2. I have read that you can order your Discovery AP by mail ahead of time to avoid this 2nd and 3rd day blockout. As the blockout days will have already passed by the time we would arrive. I see reports of people doing this from the UK, Ireland, etc. Is it possible to do this from the US?

Thanks for your help!

1. Contractual blockout dates are relative to when you buy the pass, no matter if those days were blocked out already. The difference is that, when you sleep in a Disney hotel, blockout days restrictions are lifted UNLESS they are contractual blockout dates.

2. I would say it should work, but you might give them a call beforehand just to make sure. I think they do have a procedure in case the AP did not make it by mail until you arrive at the resort. On the last resort, it the unlikely event that you haven't received your pass, and they insist that you must have it to enter, the fee to have a duplicata made is €40, which might cheaper for buying tickets for two days. I would certainly consider buying the AP while still at home if I were you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter