Discovery Cove 2014 Roll Call

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina

Life is short. Live it well.
Thought it would be fun to see who is going (and when!) in 2014.

So.....this is the place to post your dates! (and any other details you care to share :) )

Here's who we have so far........ :banana:

KRFillion - January 19
Ragnarok - January 27

WDfanfromOR - March 12
hayleyp - March 13
Fellowship9798 - March 23
tweak89 - March 23
jaykorf001 - March 23
haPevraftr - March 31

MOQu - April 8, 9 or 10
annabug - April 23
melissas77 - April 28

I Love Tigger - May 3
maggieb9975 - May 7
jack presley - May 11
allykat73 - May 15
MrsMud's two DD's & the BF - May 18
twinboyz98 - May 20
MOM2MC2 - May 22
AustralianJetsetter - May 25
SYDCOLEMOM - May 26
Jdismom - May 29
Iloveholidays - May 31

NMDisneyMom - June 4
twild - June 4
cemeb4dk - June 6
cantoine - June 7
2bluesandapink - June 9
DebnChrisinPA - June 17
gigicnm - June 24
BLTtinkerbell- June 26

Morgan43 - July 7
Skrutti - July 16
karmacats - July 17
thatgirl23 - July 21
Captain Hook Wannabe - July 29

codygirl5150 - August 4
Pinkgirl - August 14
Portugal1000 - August 17
Lorrained - August 17
esmom - August 18
VacaPlanner0425- August 24
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina - August 25

PrincessP - September 1
ariel68 - September 4
Haygar2 - September 12
fictual - September 17
earlf1990 - September 24
doombuggy13 - September 26

Belle & Ariel - October 18
mguilford1 - October 20
sympatico - October 31

hdnwaters - November 8
LucyBC80 - November 9
DonnaDavid - November 26
mjplantz - November 28

reese3434 - December 20
wldfire95 - December 21
mickey65 - December 23
willeve - December 25
rsleleux - December 30
BoilerGirl91 - December 31

I will start us off :goodvibes .

Our reservations are for Monday, August 25th. We will be in Orlando for 15 days (August 17th to 31st inclusive) so we can adjust the date (assuming there is availability) if Mother Nature doesn't cooperate.

We will all be doing the dolphin swim, and have also booked the Elite package which includes a cabana and the ultimate photo package.

This will be DH, DS and my third visit (first two were January 2012 and August 2012). DS is bringing along the GF, and this will be not only her first visit to DC, but her first visit to Florida. She is super excited!

Getting super excited! We are WDW junkies, so planning a SW/DC/A tri is all new to us.
Traveling with DH, DD 10 and DS 7. DB, DSIL, & under 2 year old niece and nephew will join us at WBC (but will not be going theme parks with us)

Arrive at Wyndham Bonnet Creek on Friday, Mar 28
3/29 Aquatica (hoping to books pool view cabana)
3/30 resort day, evening dessert at Beaches n Cream
3/31 Discovery Cove (no dolphin swim for our first trip, we will have plenty to do)
4/1 Sea World with QQU and ADD
4/2 resort day and dinner at Hoop Dee Doo
4/3 resort day (and probably trip to Disney Quest for DH, DS, and DB)
4/4 check out and go visit my parents in the Villages so DH can get his golf fix ;) before heading home on 4/6

I am ready for warm weather! Can't wait!

You know that SeaWorld & Busch Gardens are included in your ticket .

( Well they should be ) & the start of the ticket can be used Before

your Dolphin Swim date

So your party could do SeaWorld on Tuesday 19th August & Busch Gadens

on the 21st .

You know that SeaWorld & Busch Gardens are included in your ticket .

( Well they should be ) & the start of the ticket can be used Before

your Dolphin Swim date

So your party could do SeaWorld on Tuesday 19th August & Busch Gadens

on the 21st .

Non-discounted DC tickets actually include admission to SW and Aquatica (not SW and BG) unless you purchase the upgraded ticket, which would then include your DC day, SW, Aquatica and BG. Admission to those parks is valid for 14 consecutive days, to be used either before or after your DC day (or a combination of both).

We've our date booked at Discovery Cove for 11 May. My wife and the two kids are doing the dolphin swim whereas I'm doing the Seaventure.

We've our date booked at Discovery Cove for 11 May. My wife and the two kids are doing the dolphin swim whereas I'm doing the Seaventure.

Ohhhh....DH wants to do Seaventure on our visit ::yes:: . I would love to hear your review of the experience after your trip. He is trying to convince me to take part with him ... but I'm rather chicken :scratchin .

I just bought my tickets like 30 minutes ago!

We're going November 9th, which is my mom's birthday.

WHOOHOO!! We will be at DC on April 23!

My daughter and I are doing the dolphin swim. My DH and my son are doing the regular resort day. (he will only be 5 at the time, and you need to be 6 or older :(
My daughter will be 9, but has muscle weakness which will not enable to her to completely swim and or do the dorsal swim/pull. I am hoping that the trainers will be able to let her get an extra hug and kiss from the dolphin, or something like that!! :lovestruc

Oh, we also booked a Celebrations package, with Cabana.:beach:
(Thanks GINA!!)

If anyone has details about how the dolphin swim is conducted, I would greatly appreciate it. Of course I plan to discuss it privately when we arrive, but I want to be quiet about it as to not make her uncomfortable.

We arriving a few days before and plan to spend plenty of time at Sea World, A day or 2 at Aquatica, and a day at DTD. I hope to book Dine with Shamu (say a prayer it opens in time please!!!!) I secretly booked an early dinner at T-REX in DTD for my boy. I want him to have a special day too as he will not be doing the swim. (It will make me feel better anyway!) We will shop around DTD, go to Lego store, Disney store, Dino Dig and Trex. I think he will love it!

Cant wait for our SeaWorld/DC/AQ/DTD Extravaganza 2014!!!:woohoo::cloud9::love:

Ours is book for June 7th. With a celebration package and cabana. Super excited!!!!!!!! It's my daughter's first time ever seeing a dolphin. The Count down has begun

Cantoine, we are going the month before you, I plan to post a small trip report when we return!!!!!

Oh, we also booked a Celebrations package, with Cabana.:beach:
(Thanks GINA!!)

If anyone has details about how the dolphin swim is conducted, I would greatly appreciate it. Of course I plan to discuss it privately when we arrive, but I want to be quiet about it as to not make her uncomfortable.

Yay to the celebration package and cabana!!! :banana: That's an awesome splurge! :banana:

For the dolphin swim, you start out as a small group in the water (about 8 people) with the trainer. For us, they initially brought in one dolphin ("Rascal") who lived up to his name :rotfl: . He was a young teen "boy" and acted accordingly ::yes::. We all got the chance to feed, kiss, touch and learn a little about him before he was switched out for a more compliant adult female :) . At each stage the photographer took pics of each participant, and I can't remember whether it was the beginning or the end that they did the assortment of individual and family posed photos. The "swim" portion was nearer to the end, and each person had the option of being in either the deep water or the shallow water for this portion of the interaction. At all times, the trainer in the water is very attentive and watching to be sure that all the participants are well inside their comfort and safety level. Just prior to the swim (about 30 minutes beforehand) you meet at one of the cabanas with a DC staffer for an intro and safety session with a short video, so that might be a good time to chat quietly about your daughter's unique needs. DC staff are AWESOME so I am sure they will accommodate her in a very respectful and enjoyable way :thumbsup2 . You may also want to zip off a quick note to them via email in advance......I find them very responsive to guest requests and feedback, and then things can be noted on your reservation before you even arrive.

I plan to post a small trip report when we return!!!!!

:cool1: Can't wait to read all about your vacation!!!

Hey Gina, Thanks for the advice on the Dolphin swim. I had asked when I made the reservation for them to make a note regarding my daughters limitations. I hope that the day goes smoothly. Fortunately, this is something we have always lived with, so we are used to asking for accommodations, adjustments, etc for Anna. She is a super sweet, loving, and happy girl. My wish is that she is able to enjoy this most amazing experience. By nature, she is very cautious and timid, and VERY aware of her own limitations. I pray that she is able to relax and enjoy her time with the dolphin. As her mother, I worry!!!! But i dont want to hold her back from trying. So I will have a cocktail and hope for the best!!!

I wonder how deep the water is??. I plan to have both of my kids wear a full wetsuit, I feel it will not only keep them warm in the chilly water, but also protect their little legs from being scraped up.

I am also bringing crocs, and slip on water shoes. I cant believe this trip is only 4 months away! so crazy and exciting!!!

I cant thank you enough for all of your helpful, detailed, informative, funny and important advice you have always given!! As a Mom, it has been invaluable to me. Thank you for always taking the time out to post.:flower3::grouphug::cheer2::beach: Lisa

At the Shallow end the water is MAX 5ft or less in Depth

AND the swim is only MAX 10 ft from shore .

WET Suits ARE supplied Free .... No Need to bring your own.

The Groups are small in Number ( 8 to 10 persons ) & there is at least 2

Attendants ..

Some member of your party MAY Like to Stay on the side of the Swim area

( Which is like a seaside ) & keep an eye on things

Another Point is

They SUPPLY FREE SUN TAN LOTION

You ARE NOT ALLOWED TO use your Own

This is Strictly for the Safety & Well being of the Wildlife.

I booked yesterday :cool1:

There will be me, DH and DD(9). We are booked for Thursday 14 August and I have also booked the Elite package to celebrate DDs upcoming 10th Birthday and our 2nd Wedding Anniversary.

Carolyn who I spoke to yesterday at DC was just about as excited as I was when I rang to add on the Elite package. I had to choose between the photoframe and soft toy so went with the soft toy as a 9 year old can never have enough stuffed toys on her bed!

We will be there December 21,2014

Yay! A Christmas visit! :santa:

I booked yesterday :cool1:

There will be me, DH and DD(9). We are booked for Thursday 14 August and I have also booked the Elite package to celebrate DDs upcoming 10th Birthday and our 2nd Wedding Anniversary.

Carolyn who I spoke to yesterday at DC was just about as excited as I was when I rang to add on the Elite package. I had to choose between the photoframe and soft toy so went with the soft toy as a 9 year old can never have enough stuffed toys on her bed!

That is so awesome!!!! :woohoo: Good choice on the stuffed toy......if I had a young DD, that would be my pick too! :) I went with the photo frame for our visit, since I have no little ones. Hoping to get LOTS of great pics from our swim with the dolphins to showcase when we get home!

I will start us off :goodvibes .

Our reservations are for Monday, August 25th. We will be in Orlando for 15 days (August 17th to 31st inclusive) so we can adjust the date (assuming there is availability) if Mother Nature doesn't cooperate.

We will all be doing the dolphin swim, and have also booked the Elite package which includes a cabana and the ultimate photo package.

This will be DH, DS and my third visit (first two were January 2012 and August 2012). DS is bringing along the GF, and this will be not only her first visit to DC, but her first visit to Florida. She is super excited!
My DH, DS (12), DD (10) and I will be in Orlando from March 12-21. We have been to Orlando many times but will be going to DC for the very first time ever. SO EXCITED! I did not know about the Elite package. We will definitely be buying lots of pics. How much more to upgrade? Your pics are fantastic. Thanks for sharing. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!