Discovery Cove 2014 Roll Call

I read on a thread that you can buy a parking pass for SeaWorld parks when you go to Discovery Cove. I can't find the thread anymore. Can someone explain the price breakdown? And do you book that on site at DC? Or call ahead? Or at the time you book DC? We've already booked our DC day.

Thx.:)

I read on a thread that you can buy a parking pass for SeaWorld parks when you go to Discovery Cove. I can't find the thread anymore. Can someone explain the price breakdown? And do you book that on site at DC? Or call ahead? Or at the time you book DC? We've already booked our DC day.

Thx.:)

The parking passes are not available to purchase online, you have to call DC and have them add it to your reservation.

You have two options to pick from:

The pass that includes parking at SeaWorld and Aquatica is $30.

The pass that includes parking at SeaWorld, Aquatica and Busch Gardens is $40.

(both prices are plus tax)

They send you a PDF file of your parking pass that you print and show at the other parks when you visit. So as long as you purchase your pass any time before your departure date, you will be good to go. We already have ours purchased for our August trip :) .

Hi Gina,

We will be at DC on June 26th. Thank you for answering all my questions, you have been so helpful. :flower3:

Can't wait! Can't wait! Can't wait! It's almost here! Went bathing suit and shorts shopping a few days ago. Going to go buy sunglasses and water shoes this weekend. Soon it will be time to start getting groceries for the trip. So tired of snow! I don't think I have ever been this anxious for a spring break before! :thumbsup2

Can't wait! Can't wait! Can't wait! It's almost here! Went bathing suit and shorts shopping a few days ago. Going to go buy sunglasses and water shoes this weekend. Soon it will be time to start getting groceries for the trip. So tired of snow! I don't think I have ever been this anxious for a spring break before! :thumbsup2

Sooooooo jealous!!! ::yes:: I have 165 days until my feet hit Florida soil :sad:.

I hear you on the weariness of winter. Its going to be -20 here overnight tonight.......the heat and humidity of August in Orlando will be a welcome change for sure!!

I will admit that I, too, have been eyeing up the swimsuit aisle and dreaming of DC. I cant wait to hear all about your visit when you return!

Question about arrival time for DC.... Says check-in begins at 7:30 and operating hours are 8-5:30. We are going 3/31. If we want to get there in time to quickly get checked in and find a good place to set up "camp" and so we can eat breakfast and then be at the aviary when they first start feeding, do we need to get there before 7:30? If so, how early? We just want to be ahead of the crowd so that we can maximize our time.

Question about arrival time for DC.... Says check-in begins at 7:30 and operating hours are 8-5:30. We are going 3/31. If we want to get there in time to quickly get checked in and find a good place to set up "camp" and so we can eat breakfast and then be at the aviary when they first start feeding, do we need to get there before 7:30? If so, how early? We just want to be ahead of the crowd so that we can maximize our time.

I think if you arrive at 7:30 am, that would be plenty of time :) . Many folks aren't up and going that early, so you will definitely have a jump on the crowds.

Please add us to the list. Myself, husband and 14 year old son will be there on Sunday 17th August.
Can't wait. We managed to completely miss section with the otters last year. Mainly because my son and nieces wouldn't get out if the snorkelling pool. Just the 3 of us this year and no dolphin swim so we should have more time.

Please add us to the list. Myself, husband and 14 year old son will be there on Sunday 17th August.
Can't wait. We managed to completely miss section with the otters last year. Mainly because my son and nieces wouldn't get out if the snorkelling pool. Just the 3 of us this year and no dolphin swim so we should have more time.

Added :thumbsup2 .

The Freshwater Oasis is one of our favourite parts of the park...you will love it!!Those little otters are so darn cute.

We are planning to go on 17th August. Myself, my husband, son and daughter. We did the dolphin swim in October 2012 "and so are just planning the non swim option this time. I have to say I didn't go in the water a lot, but my husband and daughter loved the ray pool and spent most of the day in there. I parked myself on a lounger with my book and enjoyed the day.

We are planning to go on 17th August. Myself, my husband, son and daughter. We did the dolphin swim in October 2012 "and so are just planning the non swim option this time. I have to say I didn't go in the water a lot, but my husband and daughter loved the ray pool and spent most of the day in there. I parked myself on a lounger with my book and enjoyed the day.

Soaking up the sun on a lounger sounds like a perfect day to me! :beach:

We are going October 20th. Husband, granddaughter (7) and me! She says she does not want the dolphin swim but will swim with the other fish. Does anyone know if we can change our package once we get there if she changes her mind? Also I see there is a parking pass for $30...how much is it to park at Seaworld and Auquatica if you dont have pass? I also read that you can get a SW tour for $75 instead of $100 if you mention that you have Discovery tickets? Anyone have info on this or any other perks that you can buy that are not listed on website? How do the SW & AQ passes work if you go there before Discovery Cove? :beach:

We are going October 20th. Husband, granddaughter (7) and me! She says she does not want the dolphin swim but will swim with the other fish. Does anyone know if we can change our package once we get there if she changes her mind? Also I see there is a parking pass for $30...how much is it to park at Seaworld and Auquatica if you dont have pass? I also read that you can get a SW tour for $75 instead of $100 if you mention that you have Discovery tickets? Anyone have info on this or any other perks that you can buy that are not listed on website? How do the SW & AQ passes work if you go there before Discovery Cove? :beach:

I don't know if you can change your package same-day, but I am sure you could amend it before your visit day. Have you booked just day resort admission right now, and are hoping to add the dolphin swim when you arrive? Or vice versa?

Parking at SW is $15:

http://seaworldparks.com/en/seaworld-orlando/park-info/know-before-you-go/

And parking at Aquatica is $12:

http://aquaticabyseaworld.com/en/orlando/park-info/know-before-you-go/

The email confirmation you received when you made your DC reservation includes your E-tickets for SW & AQ. At the top of the confirmation email, just under the line of SW park icons, it says the following:

Your eTickets are ready: click here to view/print now

Click where indicated, and it brings up your reservation paperwork. The first page is your DC confirmation, and the pages that follow it are your individual SW/AQ e-tickets.

I have not heard about any discount on a SW tour with DC admission, but I would sure be interested in learning more if anyone has the details! :)

This was a quote I had copied from a trip advisor review. I think it was from a while ago so if anyone has updated info on any discounts that would be great! If I get some free time I will try to call Seaworld and check with them.

"FYI - I found out when I went to Discovery Cove the next day that I could have booked the VIP tour AND the luau for a $100 if I had called and said that I was visiting Discovery Cove at the time I paid for the tour -- wish they would mention that on-line as it gave you the $46 luau for free. Or by mentioning the Discovery Cove part you can do the VIP tour for only $75."

This was a quote I had copied from a trip advisor review. I think it was from a while ago so if anyone has updated info on any discounts that would be great! If I get some free time I will try to call Seaworld and check with them.

"FYI - I found out when I went to Discovery Cove the next day that I could have booked the VIP tour AND the luau for a $100 if I had called and said that I was visiting Discovery Cove at the time I paid for the tour -- wish they would mention that on-line as it gave you the $46 luau for free. Or by mentioning the Discovery Cove part you can do the VIP tour for only $75."

Hmmmmm....interesting! The Luau has been gone for some time now, so I wonder if they have also discontinued the tour discount? Either way, I will be interested to hear what SeaWorld says if you decide to call and ask. Be sure to post back and updated us! :thumbsup2

Thank you for all the great information and photos!

I am trying to plan my family's first trip to the Orlando area this upcoming October, and I'm feeling pretty overwhelmed with all the choices to be made and all the wonderful places to see. I think that Discovery Cove sounds wonderful and now I'm even more determined to add it to our itinerary after reading this thread!

I'm curious about tipping? How do I budget that into my day, approximately? Are you tipping with each drink or does it get added to a bill? What about if you have a cabana for the day?
Thanks so much!

Thank you for all the great information and photos!

I am trying to plan my family's first trip to the Orlando area this upcoming October, and I'm feeling pretty overwhelmed with all the choices to be made and all the wonderful places to see. I think that Discovery Cove sounds wonderful and now I'm even more determined to add it to our itinerary after reading this thread!

I'm curious about tipping? How do I budget that into my day, approximately? Are you tipping with each drink or does it get added to a bill? What about if you have a cabana for the day?
Thanks so much!

We have never indulged in the alcoholic beverages on our visits, so I can't help you with the first question, but hopefully someone else will chime in :) .

As for the cabana tipping, we tipped our cabana person when we were there, but she really, really, really didn't want to take it. She assured us it was her pleasure and not necessary (and she was very genuine), but we really wanted to do a little something nice for her. I really do think that tipping the cabana attendant will be an option for you, that they are not expecting it at all. I think we gave our attendant $20.....not a huge sum by anyone's assessment, but hopefully it was a nice enough balance that she didn't feel uncomfortable taking it & that she knew we appreciated all her awesomeness all day long.

Once you decide on your visit date, post it on this thread and I will add you to the list on page 1 :goodvibes .

Thank you so much! I will let you know once we decide on a date. I wish it was sooner than October!

Just packing and prepping to leave on Thurs :cool1: and realizing that I have a few more questions...
First question: I was printing my e-tickets for SW/Aquatica and my info for DC, but I couldn't print my unlimited parking pass for SW and Aquatica that I bought through DC. It is listed there and was paid for but where the others tix say login to print, the parking pass says "inactive". Any ideas what this means or what I need to do?
Second question: I have never been to Aquatic before. We are going on Saturday and plan to arrive at park opening. We like to ride the slides that draw the bigger lines right when we get there to avoid the waits later. Problem is that I know nothing about which rides are most popular and have the longest waits. Suggestions for what order to ride?

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!