Discovery Cove 2014 Roll Call

Hi there, new here! My name is Brandy and I live in Michigan. My mother in law gifted us a paid trip to Orlando for my our 10 year wedding anniversary and my son's graduation present. She paid for airfaire, hotel and car rental, also tickets to Discovery Cove.

Here's the kicker, I've never been out of Michigan!! I have never been on a plane! We are so excited! My kids, 17, 8 and 6 are a little nervous about the plane but excited as well.

We are leaving June 8th and will be returning June 13th. We plan on going to DC on Monday June 9th. We will be doing Seaworld and Aquatica on 2 other days, also planning a trip to see the ocean and then might hit one of those parks one more time.

We can't wait!

Hi there, new here! My name is Brandy and I live in Michigan. My mother in law gifted us a paid trip to Orlando for my our 10 year wedding anniversary and my son's graduation present. She paid for airfaire, hotel and car rental, also tickets to Discovery Cove.

Here's the kicker, I've never been out of Michigan!! I have never been on a plane! We are so excited! My kids, 17, 8 and 6 are a little nervous about the plane but excited as well.

We are leaving June 8th and will be returning June 13th. We plan on going to DC on Monday June 9th. We will be doing Seaworld and Aquatica on 2 other days, also planning a trip to see the ocean and then might hit one of those parks one more time.

We can't wait!

Added :thumbsup2 .

And wow....that's some gift from the MIL!!! I am lucky if I get a sweater for Christmas from mine, lol! :rotfl:

I bet you will really enjoy the flight :) . It beats the heck out of driving all the way from Michigan. Which airline are you flying?

And wow....that's some gift from the MIL!!! I am lucky if I get a sweater for Christmas from mine, lol! :rotfl:

I bet you will really enjoy the flight :) . It beats the heck out of driving all the way from Michigan. Which airline are you flying?

I know, it was a very nice surprise! We considered driving but our car isn't all that reliable so we were going to have to rent a car and that coupled with the hotel stays on the way there and back was almost as much as flying so we said forget it, we're flying!

We are flying Delta. :)

We are tentatively looking at doing the Trainer for a Day program on 11/28. Fingers crossed for a warmer Thanksgiving week this year.

Please add us for June 4th!! I am so excited!! We have not told our 2 sons yet, but can not wait to see their faces when they find out!!

Question- is it OK to bring in our own camera and video camera? Not sure if we will splurge on a photo package. I would love to meet up with someone that would video tape our dolphin encounter and I would do theirs if that's allowed.

Please add us for June 4th!! I am so excited!! We have not told our 2 sons yet, but can not wait to see their faces when they find out!!

Question- is it OK to bring in our own camera and video camera? Not sure if we will splurge on a photo package. I would love to meet up with someone that would video tape our dolphin encounter and I would do theirs if that's allowed.

You can use your own camera and video camera wherever you like throughout the park *except* for in the dolphin pool during your dolphin interaction. They tell me the dolphins have been known to use cameras as toys (which results in the breaking of the equipment) or worse yet, they have ingested them. So for their safety and yours, the only cameras in the water are those of the professional photographers.

And, let's be honest....that policy also helps sell photo packages :rolleyes1 .

Going to Tampa July 2014 for Conference decided to take family and make a memory. Added on Orlando 5-9th so booked VIP tour SW July 6, DC elite package July 7, and AQ. Then head to Tampa for conf I'm sure son & hubby will find things to do in Tampa without me ... Hopefully not too many! Any help with beaches or activities in Tampa would be great. Will do BG the 13th together. Thanks!

Going to Tampa July 2014 for Conference decided to take family and make a memory. Added on Orlando 5-9th so booked VIP tour SW July 6, DC elite package July 7, and AQ. Then head to Tampa for conf I'm sure son & hubby will find things to do in Tampa without me ... Hopefully not too many! Any help with beaches or activities in Tampa would be great. Will do BG the 13th together. Thanks!

:welcome: to the Dis!

I have added you to our list on page 1 :thumbsup2 .

You will love, love, LOVE DC, SeaWorld and Aquatica. They are such awesome parks! ::yes::

Have you checked into the Florida Aquarium in Tampa? It looks great....and on my list of must-do's someday!

My family of 5 "Disney Nuts" will be at Discovery Cove for the first time on Sept. 26th. After 7 straight years of Disney, and last year at Universal Orlando, I figured we'd be going back to WDW this year. That is until I put it up for a vote with the family and it was decided (thanks to YouTube video's) that this year it will be a Discovery Cove/SeaWorld/Aquatica/Busch Gardens/Magic Kingdom Vacation.
I must say, as the guy who plans our family vacations, that booking at Discovery Cove is such a plus. I mean, getting free unlimited visits to SeaWorld and Aquatica, then for just a few dollars more per ticket, adding Busch Gardens, Tampa. GREAT VALUE! I also like the fact that you can purchase all day dining at these parks without committing to more than one day. We had a chance to go to Aquatica last year and loved it and their all day dining was fantastic. Still going to satisfy our Disney Craving by going to MNSSHP on 9/28. All in all we are very excited for this years experience.

My family of 5 "Disney Nuts" will be at Discovery Cove for the first time on Sept. 26th. After 7 straight years of Disney, and last year at Universal Orlando, I figured we'd be going back to WDW this year. That is until I put it up for a vote with the family and it was decided (thanks to YouTube video's) that this year it will be a Discovery Cove/SeaWorld/Aquatica/Busch Gardens/Magic Kingdom Vacation.
I must say, as the guy who plans our family vacations, that booking at Discovery Cove is such a plus. I mean, getting free unlimited visits to SeaWorld and Aquatica, then for just a few dollars more per ticket, adding Busch Gardens, Tampa. GREAT VALUE! I also like the fact that you can purchase all day dining at these parks without committing to more than one day. We had a chance to go to Aquatica last year and loved it and their all day dining was fantastic. Still going to satisfy our Disney Craving by going to MNSSHP on 9/28. All in all we are very excited for this years experience.

And I agree wholeheartedly with your "value" assessment ::yes:: . When all is considered, and you maximize the use of all the included components, it really makes DC (and the other included SW parks) a fantastic deal.

Your trip sounds awesome! It will be here before you know it!:banana:

We are confirmed for the 28th. Going to use the pass member deal this year as we are foregoing Seaworld to venture to Universal for the first time.

We are going to Orlando in Sept. (actually staying in Kissimmee with a vaca. pkg.), and we are trying not to "amuse ourselves to death." We'd like to do one day at SeaWorld and 1 day at either US or Is. of Advent. But, then I saw this.

So, if you buy tickets to DC, can you go to SeaWorld in the same day? Does DC take all day?

Just never been and not sure what to expect.

I have boys who are 9 & 12, and we all LOVE the water. But, my husband doesn't swim, so he'd just do the Day Package, correct?

Thanks for your feedback!

We are going to Orlando in Sept. (actually staying in Kissimmee with a vaca. pkg.), and we are trying not to "amuse ourselves to death." We'd like to do one day at SeaWorld and 1 day at either US or Is. of Advent. But, then I saw this.

So, if you buy tickets to DC, can you go to SeaWorld in the same day? Does DC take all day?

Just never been and not sure what to expect.

I have boys who are 9 & 12, and we all LOVE the water. But, my husband doesn't swim, so he'd just do the Day Package, correct?

Thanks for your feedback!

Discovery Cove is an all-day park (to DC's park close anyway, which I believe is 5 or 5:30 pm). You will probably find you are exhausted when its time to go home, because all that time in the water can really tucker a person out!! If SeaWorld is open late on your DC day, then yes, you could definitely switch over to SW when you're done, but we've never had the energy to do so.

Your Discovery Cove purchase will include 14 days admission to both SeaWorld and Aquatica, which you can use either before or after your DC day (or a combination of both). You can also add on Busch Gardens for a nominal fee ($22 pp, I think).

If your DH does just the day resort package, the only part of the park experience at DC that he won't have included is the dolphin swim. All the other areas of the park (snorkelling in the Grand Reef, the Freshwater Oasis, the Wind Away River, the aviary, all food and drinks, etc.) will be open to him.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!