Discovery Cove 2014 Roll Call

Just purchased 3 ultimate packages for December 30th, first time experience and really excited!

Hello. I'm new to Dis...... I was wondering if anyone could help me as I'm trying to plan a surprise trip to Discovery Cove on Dec. 20, 2014. It will be a Christmas present for our 12 year old daughter and we've always stayed on Disney Property while in Orlando and never ventured off. This time it's just a Discovery Cove trip. Does anyone have any advice as to which hotel(s) to stay? Thanks everyone! :)

Hello. I'm new to Dis...... I was wondering if anyone could help me as I'm trying to plan a surprise trip to Discovery Cove on Dec. 20, 2014. It will be a Christmas present for our 12 year old daughter and we've always stayed on Disney Property while in Orlando and never ventured off. This time it's just a Discovery Cove trip. Does anyone have any advice as to which hotel(s) to stay? Thanks everyone! :)

I would select a Seaworld onsite hotel, assuming you are also planning to visit SW (admission to both SW & Aquatica are free with your DC tickets). That way, you can take advantage of the great perks like free Quick Queue and free reserved seating.

There are a broad array of properties available from which to choose (7 in total). Some have separate bedrooms, some have breakfast included, some are a little more upscale...it all depends on what you want in a hotel.

We liked the Residence Inn SW when we stayed there over Christmas in 2012. We liked that parking was free, internet was free, the breakfast buffet was free, there was a small kitchen in each suite, and we had a fully separate bedroom and multiple TV's. It also had a large pool, a big hot tub, and a sport court in the courtyard. You can check out my photos of this property (both room and common areas) by clicking on the Christmas 2012 trip report link in my signature, if you are interested.

In the meantime, I shall add you to the roll call on page 1 :thumbsup2 .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!