Discovery Cove Animal Trek

Joanna71985

<marquee><font color=green>Characters are my frien
Today I was fortunate enough to spend the day at Discovery Cove (thank you AP $99 dolphin swim!). I also added on the Animal Trek tour, and it was fantastic! We started in the aviary, and got to interact with one of the macaws. As a HUGE bird fan, this was so much fun! I think they are beautiful birds. From here, we got to see the otters. They closed off the little cove area for the group. Everyone got to feed them, and the trainer talked about them. Next was getting to see some of the other animals- we met a little screech owl, an anteater, and a sloth. They were so cute! Definitely was worth booking

Sounds like you had the same tour/features that I did! I thought it might vary from day to day as different animals became available or "needed a day off"! Yes, it was great and I highly recommend it. Discovery Cove seems to give you your money's worth. i was wary of booking the "feeding the sharks" at $99 or "feeding the rays" because I'd done it before at Sea World. But seeing how they go above and beyond for their guess, I may book those items next time!

I would definitely do the tour again (especially for the birds)

Would love to do this tour! Thanks so much for the review! :)

I'm hoping for another great rate next year - like the $99 special this year!!:thumbsup2

You're very welcome!

I hope so too. That deal was amazing

But was it a repeat of what you did as trainer for a day? That's what I need to know. Should I sign up for trainer and get dolphin experience + animal trek? Or is there a reason to do any extras as trainer?

Last edited:
The only thing that was just about exactly the same was the part with the otters. The small animals were different in both. And for Animal Trek, the part with the birds was different (when I did TFAD, we didn't really spend that much time in the aviary)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!