Discovery Cove Arrival/Photos

kellyfacee

Earning My Ears
We're booked for May 22, 2018 at Discovery Cove with the dolphin swim. We will be staying at Art of Animation at Disney and are planning to Uber/Lyft to Discovery Cove. I've seen times ranging from 715-9am as times that people are getting to DC and was looking for a more concrete recommendation! They provide breakfast as well as lunch, right? Also, are there advanced photo packages or anything of the sort? I'm sure the photos are insanely priced?

Here's a link to the Discovery Cove sticky - https://www.disboards.com/threads/discovery-cove-general-information.3587710/ - which will give you a bit more detailed info.

To answer your questions:
- those that book the dolphin swim usually like to be there on the earlier side of things - you can check in any time after 7:15am
- yes, they do serve both breakfast and lunch (the menus are on the sticky) - breakfast also starts at 7:15am
- here is the most recent information I could find on the photo packages:
THE DISCOVERY PACKAGE - $229 + tax
8 - 6x8 prints (may be different or same images)
1 - All-image PhotoKey
1 - Dolphin Interaction DVD
1 - 16x24 poster (24x36 poster add $10)
1 - Photo Album
A photo frame (chosen at the counter)
You can add a second Discovery Package for $109.

THE ADVENTURE PACKAGE - $169 + tax
6 - 6x8 prints (may be different or same images)
1 - All-image Photo Key
A keychain set
You can add your dolphin interaction DVD for an additional $75+ tax

THE ISLAND PACKAGE - $99 + tax
4 - 6x8 prints (may be different or same images)
To book a photo package, call 407-513-4600.

My fam & I got there around 9, which we thought was plenty early enough for us but the earlier you get there the earlier your dolphin swim will be.
You get a discounted price on the Discovery photo package if you pre-pay before you go (I think it's 10 or 20 %). We just did the photo cd for 150.

I just called to find out the discount of the Discovery package in advance and it is $219 vs in park $229.

My fam & I got there around 9, which we thought was plenty early enough for us but the earlier you get there the earlier your dolphin swim will be.
You get a discounted price on the Discovery photo package if you pre-pay before you go (I think it's 10 or 20 %). We just did the photo cd for 150.
Do they take photos of you throughout the day or only at the dolphin encounter?

The dolphin encounter is one package in which yo have to use their photographer because your own camera is not allowed in the water with the dolphins. If you book other "add-ons" like Seaventure, Animal trek, etc, those are a separate add on package (but cheaper). The sum total is usually the prices quotes above. The dolphin photos are not many - depending on the number of people in your party - for the more expensive price. The "other add on" photos can be numerous (mine were over 100 photos) for a reasonable price. Overall, I got the package and I liked it. It's worth depends on how you feel about trip photos.

I guess I didn't really answer Brie's question. They take photos of you during dolphin encounter. If you sign up for any extra events, Seaventure, Animal Trek, shark or ray feeding, they will have a photographer take pictures of those events. Then at the end of the day you are offered packages - the dolphin encounter for one amount and the rest of the events for an add on amount. No photographer follows you around or is stationed in different area for the day. Nobody to take your picture in the Reef or the lazy river. Pictures in the Aviary only if you sign up for Animal trek or Trainer for a day.

I guess I didn't really answer Brie's question. They take photos of you during dolphin encounter. If you sign up for any extra events, Seaventure, Animal Trek, shark or ray feeding, they will have a photographer take pictures of those events. Then at the end of the day you are offered packages - the dolphin encounter for one amount and the rest of the events for an add on amount. No photographer follows you around or is stationed in different area for the day. Nobody to take your picture in the Reef or the lazy river. Pictures in the Aviary only if you sign up for Animal trek or Trainer for a day.
When we went back in 2013 there was a photographer in the lazy river. Got some great photos of our family with that photographer. Do they not have that any more?

When we went back in 2013 there was a photographer in the lazy river. Got some great photos of our family with that photographer. Do they not have that any more?

Unfortunately, no.

We have not seen photographers outside of the dolphin swim for the last several visits.

I would recommend getting there early and sign up for an early dolphin swim.
The reason is this: The place is so relaxing that I wouldn't want to constantly have to watch the clock for your dolphin swim time slot. It's nice to do it and then spend the rest of your day in leisure.

We went in 2016 and there were photogs in the Aviary, it also linked with photogs in SW as well.

I would recommend getting there early and sign up for an early dolphin swim.
The reason is this: The place is so relaxing that I wouldn't want to constantly have to watch the clock for your dolphin swim time slot. It's nice to do it and then spend the rest of your day in leisure.

We went in 2016 and there were photogs in the Aviary, it also linked with photogs in SW as well.

There were no photographers in the aviary in Oct

I have a coupon for 10% off the Discovery Photo pkg at DC plus other discounts at SW/AQ.

I’m happy to mail it (USPS) if anyone can use it. I think it needs to be used in 2018.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!