Discovery Cove Closed. Reopens Feb 11.

kellymonaghan

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.
Discovery Cove has closed for repairs and expansion.

Apparently, they decided that for $200 a day folks didn't want to have construction going on under their noses and since attendance is down anyway, they decided to close.

The major projects are more covered seating for the Laguna Grill, another locker/shower room complex at the end of the park near the dolphin swim lagoons, and a much expanded aviary.

The parks reopens on February 11.

thanks kelly!

is there any news of future projects at sea world orlando? another coaster, water ride or dark ride?

The only rumor I heard was a sit-down restaurant in Terrors of the Deep that would look into the shark tank.

Given the current economic climate, I would be surprised if *any* of the parks did anything major anytime soon.

And we'll be there. DH & I originally planned to be there this week but after making our air, hotel, & car reservations, we found out DC was closed (just call us the Griswald's! We felt like we were living the movie "Vacation").

Luckily they were frequent flier reward airline tickets so we were able to switch without a fee and all the car and hotels ressies were easily switched.

We can't wait!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter