discovery cove & contact lenses...

delia

Earning My Ears
my family will visit discovery cove in 3 weeks! I wear contact lenses & so does my daughter. does the snorkel gear that discovery cove gives out include a mask, even for the dolphin swim portion? Any kind of water (even tap water)in your eyes when wearing contact burns (contact lense solution is the only liquid that won't hurt). I would wear my glasses, but then I won't be able to fit any mask on enough so that water won't get in. I can't see a thing without glasses or contact lenses.

also, I've seen different responses about how much jewelry you can keep on. do they make you remove ear rings & engagement rings & only let you keep your wedding band?

please help! thanks.:confused:

I'm very short sighted, but I didn't wear glasses or lenses, but didn't find it a problem seeing well enough when under water to have any effect on the experience. My daughter wore her lenses and she had no problem with her equipment. If you feel your mask filling up it is easy enough to close your eyes until you have emptied your mask.

I'm not sure why anyone would want to wear masses of jewelry in sea water, as it is massively corrosive. If you do want to wear earrings I would suggest studs as opposed to loopy/dangly types as , while it is unlikely, you don't want one of the dolphins making off with a nice pretty shiney thing (attatched you your ear :eek: )

There is a preshow before you go to the dolphin lagoon. As you are leaving, they ask that you remove all jewerly as a saftey precaution for the dolphins.
The only thing you need for the dolphin swim, is your mask so you can look underwater for a few seconds, but it's not required.
Yes, you can wear contact lenses. You have to remember that salt water is similar to saline solution, your eyes won't burn. Here's how to clear a mask that has water in it. Put your hand near the top of the mask and press it against your forehead. The bottom of the mask pulls away from your face, as it does, blow real hard thru your nose and the water rushes out the bottom. Once you get the hang of it, you can grab the mask from the side and tilt the bottom away from your face and blow. If all else fails, bring your head back to the surface of the water and let the water run out the bottom.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter