discovery cove deal???

greenclan67...if I may impose on you one more time...could you please check the AP discount for DC for Jan 13, 2013?

I'm really not sure I want to do DC in January, but I'm having second thoughts now on the $299 price for a July visit...

Regular price is $199 for January 2013...that's a bit easier to swallow...

Thanks!

It is showing the first part of Jan at $199, and the last part at $169. The
13th is showing at $169. The dolphine swim wouldn't go much lower then that I wouldn't think! You can check them yourself to if you put passmember2011 in the box under promo codes!

It is showing the first part of Jan at $199, and the last part at $169. The
13th is showing at $169. The dolphine swim wouldn't go much lower then that I wouldn't think! You can check them yourself to if you put passmember2011 in the box under promo codes!

Thank you!! I will play around with some dates using the promo code!

I am looking to do 4 for the dolphin swim on July 30th, but don't see the $169.00 passmember rate. The rate displayed online is $269.00. Does $269.00sound correct for a passmember rate in July?

Yes, it is a very busy time. The Fl Res rate is $299 which is the same as a regular price so really no discounts there either. Prices won't really go down until August.

I am looking to do 4 for the dolphin swim on July 30th, but don't see the $169.00 passmember rate. The rate displayed online is $269.00. Does $269.00sound correct for a passmember rate in July?

Yes, it is a very busy time. The Fl Res rate is $299 which is the same as a regular price so really no discounts there either. Prices won't really go down until August.

As mjohnson indicated, July/ beginning of August is PEAK season. They very rarely give discounts, if at all.

Hello. We are doing DC/SW in Sept. It is our first time ever. We are a family of 4,2 adults and 2kids (16 and 12). So what would be our best deal on doing both with the swimming with the dolphins?

TIA

Hello. We are doing DC/SW in Sept. It is our first time ever. We are a family of 4,2 adults and 2kids (16 and 12). So what would be our best deal on doing both with the swimming with the dolphins?

TIA

Hi there, On the passmember site for Sept it is showing $169. per person, and that doesn't include your pass to SW. I didn't check the prices before the passmember price but I will guess that it is still probably better for you to go the route of buying without the discount, it includes your 14 days at Seaworld when you do that.
If you were to do an annual passport for the discount you would be paying $119 for the pass and $169 x's 4 for DC, which comes to $795, plus you would have to buy 3 more SW tickets that would only be good for 2 days. The 3 tickets to SW comes to approx $215 so $795 + $215 is $1010.
I did do a quick look on expedia.com and for 4 tickets in Sept with the dolphin swim it is is $200.95 plus tax x's 4 comes to $847.76 and that includes everyones tickets to SW for 14 days! So with an AP $1010 without $847.76.
Hope that helps some!

Is the only difference in buying through expedia that they are not refundable and with going directly through Sea World they are refundable/changeable?

Thx!

Great thread! I hope someone can help me out. We live in Tampa and have a Busch Gardens pass but I cannot locate it to get online to the passholder site. Called BG and there is a 30 minute hold time so I emailed them for my passholder #.

Is the passholder discount still being offered? Can anyone tell me if any August weekends are a low price? TIA!

Use the code Passmember2011 when you are on the DC site and put your month in. The last I checeked there was nada the first 2 weeks of August but then they did offer the pass discount the last 2 weeks.

is there a florida resident discount for the APs? My daughter lives down there and she could come with us and get the tickets and use the AP. When I looked, they seemed to be $119, which I thought was the regular price

is there a florida resident discount for the APs? My daughter lives down there and she could come with us and get the tickets and use the AP. When I looked, they seemed to be $119, which I thought was the regular price
The $119 is for everyone :)

I just called for a late June price, and the lady said late June is blacked out for passmember rates. :( I can't see paying $139pp just for the day resort package for 5 people (@$750!!)

I just called for a late June price, and the lady said late June is blacked out for passmember rates. :( I can't see paying $139pp just for the day resort package for 5 people (@$750!!)

Not sure if you have been there before but I have and I can totally see paying the $139. Obviously, depending on your budget. There is so much to do there! Don't forget, it includes all your food and drink (including alcohol) for the entire day!

Not sure if you have been there before but I have and I can totally see paying the $139. Obviously, depending on your budget. There is so much to do there! Don't forget, it includes all your food and drink (including alcohol) for the entire day!

I haven't been there and it's a dream for me to be able to someday do the dolphin swim, but THAT at $289pp for 5 people will have to be a different trip. :) I see now that the $139 was for a passmember rate, and it doesn't make much sense to buy the AP at SW just to save $30, so the actual rate is $169 for us for 5 people...but it does look amazing to go there! The snorkeling looks so fun, and with that rate, SeaWorld or one of the other places would be included, so now it's turned into: Universal Studios with an unlimited front line pass for staying at the Royal Pacific vs. Discovery Cove day pass and SeaWorld. I would choose DC and SW, but my kids are excited about the Harry Potter castle and all the rides since we've never been there. I didn't know alcohol was included in that price though! That seems very nice!

:thumbsup2What a great thread! I am hoping someone can answer a few ?'s for me.
1) Can I use the 14 day pass to SW BEFORE I do the DC day?
2) We are a group of 10 from Maine, can we do the promocode2011 for 2 passes to say Aquatica (you never know...we may make it there!) to reap a better deal. We are going down to FL 10/3-10/13 and want to do the Dolphin swim.
Any information would be super helpful:love:

:thumbsup2What a great thread! I am hoping someone can answer a few ?'s for me.
1) Can I use the 14 day pass to SW BEFORE I do the DC day?
2) We are a group of 10 from Maine, can we do the promocode2011 for 2 passes to say Aquatica (you never know...we may make it there!) to reap a better deal. We are going down to FL 10/3-10/13 and want to do the Dolphin swim.
Any information would be super helpful:love:

You can use the 14 day pass before, after or a combination of the two (DC can be in the middle for example). You just need to show your confirmation at SW and they will sort your entry out.

Not sure about the second one to be honest...think that only works for annual pass holders.:confused3

YOu only need one season pass, and you can bring UP to 6 guests! So you will be ok with just one pass! I am assuming you meant the non-DOLPHIN swim not disney LOL! Anyhow, I did look and you it is $69 each the last 2 weeks of August. You can book them now using the promotion code passmember2011 in the box at the top.Online is easy peasy! Pick your date, and go through with it all!
You can then order your annual passport, eithier on the EZ pay if you are in the US, which is $9.99 a month, or $119.00 for the whole thing total! I had mine shipped to me, because it was for Busch Gardens, and it has to be activated first, so I didn't want to drive there before go to Discovery Cove. It was $20 for shipping, and it comes activated. It is activated the day you buy it though, so if you are planning on using it wait till about a month before you go! You also can get $8.00 of SW tickets up to 6 guests with your annual passport and you get free parking at SW as well!

sorry to be have more questions, we have just decided that we would rather do the dolphin swim at Disovery Cove instead of Atlatnis.
I checked normal dolphin swim rates in May and it comes up with 229.00 a person = 916.00+ taxes. If I go through and use the PASSMEMBER2011, it then goes down to 169.00/person. = 719.96 + this is where I get a little foggy on it. I only need to 1 buy 1 annual pass for 119.00 = 850.00 I will only be saving approx $70.00(still worth it) but if if I buy all swim with the dolphin packages for 169 do we all still get the seaworld admission too. Help, I'm lost and need/want to do this desperately.
So 4 swim with the dolphin inclusive packages, 1 annual pass = happiness?
or 4 swim with the dolphins inclusive packages and 70.00 = happiness?
HELP, please

sorry to be have more questions, we have just decided that we would rather do the dolphin swim at Disovery Cove instead of Atlatnis.
I checked normal dolphin swim rates in May and it comes up with 229.00 a person = 916.00+ taxes. If I go through and use the PASSMEMBER2011, it then goes down to 169.00/person. = 719.96 + this is where I get a little foggy on it. I only need to 1 buy 1 annual pass for 119.00 = 850.00 I will only be saving approx $70.00(still worth it) but if if I buy all swim with the dolphin packages for 169 do we all still get the seaworld admission too. Help, I'm lost and need/want to do this desperately.
So 4 swim with the dolphin inclusive packages, 1 annual pass = happiness?
or 4 swim with the dolphins inclusive packages and 70.00 = happiness?
HELP, please

If you use the AP to get the discounted Discovery Cove rates, it does NOT come with the "other" park pass. That is why it is discounted. The pass is only for DC. The other option is to look inot the Super Grover pass. That is what we bought. We purchased when it was on sale for $159. It is now $210 plus tax - and you would have to pay for the $8 Fed Ex option so the passes are mailed to you. You would then get free admission to Sea World, Aquatica, and Busch Gardens with free parking and qualify for the discounted Discovery Cove tickets.

I hope this helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter