discovery cove deal???

Hi all, We are headed to Florida for 3 weeks the very end of September to October. We will be headed to Discovery Cove, Aquatica, Sea World, Island, Universal, Busch Gardens. Looking for a great deal. Thanks for any help since there will be 5 or 6 of us all older than 11. :love:

Hi all, We are headed to Florida for 3 weeks the very end of September to October. We will be headed to Discovery Cove, Aquatica, Sea World, Island, Universal, Busch Gardens. Looking for a great deal. Thanks for any help since there will be 5 or 6 of us all older than 11. :love:

Okay.....let's crunch some numbers.

I will assume you want the dolphin swim for each person.

The end of September is cheaper than October. Rates for DC with the dolphin swim are $229 pp. This would get you 14 days admission to SeaWorld and Aquatica as well. You can add 14 days to Busch Gardens for $20. Then there's tax. So the final price for one DC dolphin swim day plus 14 days at SeaWorld, Aquatica, and BG = $265.19 pp.

Undercover Tourist has a 14 day unlimited ticket which includes Universal Studios, Islands of Adventure, and Wet n Wild for $178.95 pp taxes included.

That would give you all 7 parks (one day at DC, 14 days at the other six) for $444.14 per person, taxes included.

You could save a little money by getting the 4 day, park to park ticket for Universal and IOA only (no Wet n Wild) for $152.95 pp. But not only does that cut out the extra park, but it restricts your admission to Universal and IOA to 4 days rather than 14. DC, 14 days at Aquatica, SW and BG plus the 4-day park to park for Universal and IOA would then = $418.14.

Not doing the dolphin swim would also save you some cash. For the last week of September, while the dolphin swim day resort admission for DC is $229 pp plus tax, the day resort only (no dolphin swim) is $149 pp. The BG add on would be an extra $20.

If you purchase an annual pass to one of the SeaWorld parks, you can get the dolphin swim admission for $169 pp the last week of September, or a day resort only (no swim) for $69 pp. But that would not include the 14 days of admission to SeaWorld and Aquatica.

Other than being a FL resident, is buying an annual pass about the only way t get a Discovery Cove deal?

I'm looking to do the dolphin swim around Oct 31, Nov 1. Total for two is over $550 with tax.

Okay, so since we get Sea World free with it, we'll probably do that a day, maybe even try Aquatica. But we have no interest in Bush Gardens (have been there) and don't live in the area, so won't return to use any kind of annual pass.

I'm wonder if there are deals to keep my eye out for prior to our dates? How far in advance should I book? When I check the calendar date seem to sell out only a few weeks in advance, not months.

I'm nervous about booking a date and spending that $550 so far in advance.

Hi,

planning a possible visit to DC this fall.
What would be the cheapest way to do it, knowing we're not passholders & are not interested in Sea World & other parks ?
We just want to do the dolphin swim at Discovery Cove & stay in a nearby hotel.

Thanks

Hi,

planning a possible visit to DC this fall.
What would be the cheapest way to do it, knowing we're not passholders & are not interested in Sea World & other parks ?
We just want to do the dolphin swim at Discovery Cove & stay in a nearby hotel.

Thanks

What are your dates? How many people, and what are their ages?

Thank you so much for this great thread! We are going in October and I typed in the promo code and the passholder discounts are available for our dates. So if I am calculating this correct my total would be for 2A/2C:

$169 x 4 = $676
+ $119 annual pass
= $795

instead of $229 x 4 = $916

Still a savings of $121...correct? Is this the best way to do it? We will not have time to go to Sea World, so just a day at DC is all we need.

My dates are Oct 31, Nov 1, for 2 people, 1 adult, 1 10 year old.

I'm thinking the annual pass just doesnt save enough when only buying tickets for 2?

We are not particularly interested in Sea World or Aqautica, but since they are "free" with Discovery cove, we'll plan to spend a day in each.

We are 1 adult & 1 child (7yo).
Our dates are not fixed yet, somewhere in october or november ??

How can we do it on a low-budget ?
Discovery Cove, hotel, etc.

I know an entrance to Sea World comes with the ticket to DC but I don't know if it's worth it ? We don't care about water parks so Aquatica is a No for us, but I was more thinking maybe :scratchin 2 Disney parks (MK & Epcot) if easily accessible from hotel.....

We've only been to WDW once visiting all 4 Disney parks & staying onsite.

My dates are Oct 31, Nov 1, for 2 people, 1 adult, 1 10 year old.

I'm thinking the annual pass just doesnt save enough when only buying tickets for 2?

We are not particularly interested in Sea World or Aqautica, but since they are "free" with Discovery cove, we'll plan to spend a day in each.

If you buy a Seaworld annual pass:
Annual pass = $119
Two dolphin swim admissions with passholder discount = $338 ($169 x 2)
Total = $457 plus taxes

DC only - no 14 day admissions to Aquatica & Seaworld

DC admission without the annual passholder discount:
Two dolphin swim admissions = $518 plus taxes ($259 each)

Includes 14 days of admission to Aquatica and Seaworld

Thank you so much for this great thread! We are going in October and I typed in the promo code and the passholder discounts are available for our dates. So if I am calculating this correct my total would be for 2A/2C:

$169 x 4 = $676
+ $119 annual pass
= $795

instead of $229 x 4 = $916

Still a savings of $121...correct? Is this the best way to do it? We will not have time to go to Sea World, so just a day at DC is all we need.

Your rate with the AP is correct :thumbsup2 .

Rates without the AP discount are coming up on my computer as $269 pp. So your total cost for 4 would be $1076. The AP, then, wouild save you $281 plus tax.

If you buy a Seaworld annual pass:
Annual pass = $119
Two dolphin swim admissions with passholder discount = $338 ($169 x 2)
Total = $457 plus taxes

DC only - no 14 day admissions to Aquatica & Seaworld

DC admission without the annual passholder discount:
Two dolphin swim admissions = $518 plus taxes ($259 each)

Includes 14 days of admission to Aquatica and Seaworld

Thanks!

I think the savings of about $70 (with taxes approx.) is probably not great enough to offset what we'd spend if we had 2 free days -- we'd need to do something those days if we didnt do Sea World or Aquatica. Would be worth it if we only wanted Discover Cove. It's been a few years since we've been to Sea World and I'm sure DD doesn't remember much at all about it. Plus we've never been to Aquatica and would probably never otherwise go (we'd go to the Disney water parks). While I really dislike spending $550 for 3 park days, I guess this is one of those 'once in a lifetime' type things. Just have to work through the justification in my mind. ::yes::

Hi I was just about to book DC when I discovered this thread, I have read through it but not sure if and how I can use this discount. I would appreciate someone giving me some advice.

I was looking to book DC non swim for 09/04/2012 for six people all six of us will want to visit Bush Gardens so I was going to upgrade the DC tickets to the ultimate.

Can this discount work fo me and how do I go about it?

Many thanks for any help.

Hi I was just about to book DC when I discovered this thread, I have read through it but not sure if and how I can use this discount. I would appreciate someone giving me some advice.

I was looking to book DC non swim for 09/04/2012 for six people all six of us will want to visit Bush Gardens so I was going to upgrade the DC tickets to the ultimate.

Can this discount work fo me and how do I go about it?

Many thanks for any help.

For September 4th, without the passholder discount:

For six people, day resort admission to DC (no dolphin swim), plus 14 days unlimited admission to SeaWorld, Aquatica, and Busch Gardens: cost would be $1014 plus tax ($169 pp) for a grand total of $1079.91.

With the passholder discount:

1 annual pass to Busch Gardens = $119 plus tax
6 day resort admissions to DC = $414 ($69 pp) plus tax
5 additional admission to BG (two day tickets) via Undercover Tourist = $379.75 taxes included
Grand total = $947.40 (will not include admission to SeaWorld and Aquatica)

Price difference is $132.51 (works out to $22.09 pp). For that money, I personally would opt for the tickets without the discount......and at least get the chance to visit SeaWorld at some point during your vacation (but its one of my favourite parks, so I'm admittedly biased!!! :laughing:).

For September 4th, without the passholder discount:

For six people, day resort admission to DC (no dolphin swim), plus 14 days unlimited admission to SeaWorld, Aquatica, and Busch Gardens: cost would be $1014 plus tax ($169 pp) for a grand total of $1079.91.

With the passholder discount:

1 annual pass to Busch Gardens = $119 plus tax
6 day resort admissions to DC = $414 ($69 pp) plus tax
5 additional admission to BG (two day tickets) via Undercover Tourist = $379.75 taxes included
Grand total = $947.40 (will not include admission to SeaWorld and Aquatica)

Price difference is $132.51 (works out to $22.09 pp). For that money, I personally would opt for the tickets without the discount......and at least get the chance to visit SeaWorld at some point during your vacation (but its one of my favourite parks, so I'm admittedly biased!!! :laughing:).

Many thanks for taking the time to proivde a quick and thorough response. I agree with you and will probably go with the the non-discounted tickets for the free Seaworld tickets.

Again, I really appreciate your efforts, my sister and her family are emigrating to Canada (from Ireland) in three weeks, I hope everyone there is as friendly as you!

Many thanks for taking the time to proivde a quick and thorough response. I agree with you and will probably go with the the non-discounted tickets for the free Seaworld tickets.

Again, I really appreciate your efforts, my sister and her family are emigrating to Canada (from Ireland) in three weeks, I hope everyone there is as friendly as you!

You are very welcome :goodvibes . I am just happy to help! So many Disboard folks have given me some great assistance over the years, its nice to be able to give back once in a while :) .

My goodness, your sister and her family have quite the move ahead of them. They will love Canada, its a great country (and full of friendly folks :thumbsup2)! I hope all goes well during the transition. Not sure what part of Canada they are settling in, but hopefully the heat wave that's been gripping a good deal of the country will have passed by the time they arrive.

We are thinking about the next year and planning a trip to DC. Right now, they have the season passes for 15 months instead of 12. I have many thoughts running around in my mind....my two kids (7 & 6) will go to sea world this Sept for sure, maybe Dec, Sept 2013, and do Discovery Cove in May 2013 (we will have an extra adult for DC). I have 4 tickets for Sea world right now (good through the end of this year) and my options seem to be

1) No season passes, just buy tickets and get the other parks when we do DC in May

2) Only one season pass (kids use the tickets I have for Sept and Dec), and get the discount at DC and buy tickets for any extra park we want

3) Both kids and I get season passes (would do sea world and bush gardens), use the discount for DC and buy tickets for the extra adult. (would attempt to sell the sea world tickets I have)

So any opinions? Thanks!

Hi i would like to know if someone could help me i go to Orlando on 17 april with my wife and my 2 kids ( 10 months and 7 years ) i would like to go again to DC to swim with dolphins i own a seaworld pass member from last year who is valid until 28th april but i don't remember the postal code i put because i live in France when i buy it i try to call ezpay but they can help me so i can't have my passmember discount code to book DC is there a way to do it ? thanks a lot

Hi i would like to know if someone could help me i go to Orlando on 17 april with my wife and my 2 kids ( 10 months and 7 years ) i would like to go again to DC to swim with dolphins i own a seaworld pass member from last year who is valid until 28th april but i don't remember the postal code i put because i live in France when i buy it i try to call ezpay but they can help me so i can't have my passmember discount code to book DC is there a way to do it ? thanks a lot

I took care of everything on the phone. They take your name and look up your AP for you if needed. Quick and simple... Not sure if your dates offer a discount but call and find out.
Hope this helps...
Not sure of international costs making a call to Florida!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!