Discovery Cove Dolphin Swim photos

GusGus77

DIS Veteran
Looks like the photo package is $239 😱
We would seriously be happy with a photo of each of our children (digital is fine) with a dolphin to remember they did it. While pictures are awesome, we never do anything with them except maybe share them on Facebook or something. Are there cheaper or ala cart options? (Not seeing any on the website.)

Is there a way to take photos yourself? For example, we are a family of 4. Could we sign up for different times during the day (two and two) and the other take photos with their phone? Will we be able to get good photos ourselves doing it this way if it is allowed? (Or would it be too risky that maybe we would be unable to get a good shot? I would hate to split us up and be unable to get a good shot and now we need to pay double for a picture since we are in different groups.)

Thanks!

See my reply in your other post.

If you have a great phone camera it could work, but it is at a decent distance. A real camera, preferably with an actual zoom lens, would be much better. Lockers are plentiful and free, so it is easy to stash the camera after the swims. Or after additional photos in the aviary...

Pics of me, from a less ideal location - from the rocks across the dolphin pool. (Low end DSLR w/ 250 zoom lens).
1063.JPG

Pics during dolphin swim. 1097.JPG1100.JPG

Pics of my friend during her interaction & dolphin swim. The DC team member at the beach told me to sit on the rocks behind where the DC photographer was located, so the shots would be posed in the correct direction. Worked like a charm, and eliminated the people in the background from the "money shots." Also I am more familiar with the camera, which helps too ;)
1286.JPG

1329.JPG

1371.JPG

it has been a while since I went, but going again in a few weeks

the staff for sure will help you take your own but this means splitting up or someone stays out

as I recall, we bought individual shots .. you didn't have to buy the 'everything' package. Individual shots were still stupid expensive but not as much as the full monty.

does it still work this way? ask me this time next month. Sooner? ask!

follow up

if there is a way to buy an individual picture I could not find it

the lowest cost for the photos was to get on CD at $200 .... for us that was 28 exposures (two people) .. or $7.14 per digital exposure

CAPSLOCK's framing of the photos is what you would expect from the photo package. Those are pretty good.

We went in 2016 and they used a Nikon D7100

They take you to the photo hut after your dolphin experience and show you your shots. It's there that you learn about the cheaper options.

we went ... the $200 pk IS the cheaper option!

there are less expensive single items you can ADD but you need to buy a package first ...... or we were swindled

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts