Discovery Cove - General Information

Regarding these questions, when I updated the main post a week or so ago, this was the information available on the Discovery Cove website:

Alcoholic Beverages
A selection of beer and wine is available to guests over 21 years of age with proper ID (This will be verified when you check in and indicated on a lanyard that you are required to wear throughout the park.)

Premium Drink Package - $40 per person
  • Selection of signature cocktails
  • Fully stocked liquor bar
  • Selection of craft and domestic beers
  • Red and white wines

So, it appears that the colodas and daquiris are no longer included in the base offerings. The beers are usually just the basic Anheuser-Busch offerings - Bud, Bud Light, Michelob, etc.

This is disappointing since the $40 upgrade is not worth the one drink I would normally have. But, you are still able to purchase individual drinks.

This is disappointing since the $40 upgrade is not worth the one drink I would normally have. But, you are still able to purchase individual drinks.

I don't believe that you can walk up to the bar and purchase an individual drink if you have not added the drink package. They are not set up to take money at the bars. The drinks package would have to be purchased ahead of time or at check-in - this would then be indicated on your lanyard.

At least this is how I remember it working - if anyone has been there recently with a different experience, please let us know! :)

We are visiting Discovery Cove June 2020. We plan on purchasing the DC tickets with the SeaWorld add on. How many days do we have to use the SeaWorld tickets?

We are visiting Discovery Cove June 2020. We plan on purchasing the DC tickets with the SeaWorld add on. How many days do we have to use the SeaWorld tickets?
You have 14 days and you can go to SeaWorld as many times as you like within those 14 days. When I went in August we went to SeaWorld before DC. It wasn't a problem.

Do you have to take a birth certificate or anything to show your kids ages for them to be able to participate in the dolphin swim?

We plan on purchasing the DC tickets with the SeaWorld add on. How many days do we have to use the SeaWorld tickets?
If you plan on going to SW more than once and are driving, upgrade one of the tickets to the 3 park add-on as that grants free parking. The $25 upgrade costs less than parking twice (it's free to park at DC).

Question about the Animal Trek. Do you get an up close encounter with the Otters? I know you can’t pet them, but do you feed them? My daughter loves otters and am wanting to do this add on when we go in June if possible.
TIA

I do not have the answer for you but can bump
this thread up a notch so your question may catch someone’s eye that can answer your question

Question about the Animal Trek. Do you get an up close encounter with the Otters? I know you can’t pet them, but do you feed them? My daughter loves otters and am wanting to do this add on when we go in June if possible.
TIA

It used to include otter feeding but its hard to say if they still do as this tour has been cut back several times since it first came on offer in 2018. It started out as a 90-min tour, was reduced to 60-min in 2019 and is now posted as a 30-min tour. Unfortunately, the price did not decrease along with the cuts!

Don't know if someone has a recent experience with this tour that can chime in with whether or not this activity is still included.

If you wear prescription glasses or contact lenses, you can get diving goggles with prescription lenses at Guest Relations. Just bring your prescription or know your correction values and they provide those diving goggles free of charge, they just keep an ID or driving license as a deposit.

I somewhere heard or read that DC offers an evening add-on where you get to stay in the park longer than the regular closing time. Pools would be closed but there is a dinner buffet and possibly a dance show? Haven't found anything about this on the DC website. Or maybe I just confuse it with the "Spirit of Aloha" dinner show over at WDW? :-)

I somewhere heard or read that DC offers an evening add-on where you get to stay in the park longer than the regular closing time. Pools would be closed but there is a dinner buffet and possibly a dance show? Haven't found anything about this on the DC website. Or maybe I just confuse it with the "Spirit of Aloha" dinner show over at WDW? :-)

They did have a limited event like this a couple of years ago but I haven't seen anything about it in a while.

TIA

I did the tour in 2018, and we were able to feed them

I'm guessing no. When we went last year, The family with us had a troop of boys and the youngest seemed small and immature for 6 but still participated. They modified the one part of the experience for him but otherwise it didn't seem to matter too much as long as the child is supervised and following directions.

I am also wondering about providing a birth certificate.

No you don't have to provide a birth certificate. We went to DC for the first time when my daughter was 4. She was bummed that she was too young to do the dolphin swim, so we promised her we would go back when she was 6.

That year, we took her to DC for her birthday (a few days before your actual birthday). No one even asked us her age to confirm that she was old enough.

Like the other poster said, I think as long as the child is with an adult and is listening to the prep presentation etc. they aren't checking for 'exact' ages.

I wish they would add an option for mocktails or virgin drinks. One of our favorite things at the resorts is to get the Lave Smoothie.

I've recently read that you can purchase drinks from the bar even if you don't have the drink package. Can anyone confirm this? If so, what are the prices?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!