Discovery Cove in Dec?

mreynoldsDisney

Earning My Ears
Would be likely Dec. 10th
Have been before myself and loved it ; would love to experience it with our 7 year old daughter but our trip is in Dec which has me worried.
If she is shivering she will not have a good time, that is definite.

Guess my biggest fear is normally tix need to be booked in advance and if we get a bad weather day we are stuck ; would you take a chance on losing ticket availability and wait until a week prior when forecast is out before booking? Leave a day free for the possible chance or just forget about it for this trip?

As a FL native, December probably won't be that chilly (especially depending on where you're coming from!) and even if it is, you can wear the full length wet suit. We went in April and I wore it then - mostly for sun protection but also because we were doing the SeaVenture and I knew that water was chilly.

I'd go if I were you! DC is so amazing.

Weather this past Dec was all over the place! In a two week trip I had two pool days and a few days wearing hat, gloves and winter coat. I’d be hesitant to book in advance since the weather is so unpredictable.

Weather this past Dec was all over the place! In a two week trip I had two pool days and a few days wearing hat, gloves and winter coat. I’d be hesitant to book in advance since the weather is so unpredictable.

I go with this and honestly, at that time of year, I don't think I would worry about tickets not being available.

This is the position that we were in when we visited in Nov 2016, and the forecast for the day was lower 50s and breezy, so of course it was not the optimal weather. Well we walked in since we paid all that money for the reservations, and thankfully we had it booked on day 2 of our trip since we arrived and they asked if we wanted to do a free reschedule to another day later in the week when there was a better forecast. So that's what we did, re-booked for free for later in the week when it was sunny and 80 and spent day 2 at Disney with sweatshirts and all turned out great. So I recommend booking early in your vacation and you may want to send them an email now to see if they still have that same re-booking policy and I bet that they do. Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter