Discovery Cove in June plan?

JenniferFolsomCa

Mouseketeer
I am assuming that with controlled capacity I won't need to plan as much for DC but have never been and don't want to miss the highlights!

It says that are open 9-5 but I saw you can check in at 7:15am? Are there crazy lines or something?

Besides getting registered and getting a locker and I guess having breakfast why do they need that much time if nothing opens until 9? Is the breakfast any good? What choices are there?

If I show up at 9 what would I miss?

We do have a dolphin swim and seaventure but that is it.

I know there are free drinks, does that include pina colada type drinks or beer/wine?

Any thoughts?

Jenn

Breakfast is a tasty buffet. But you want to be there early to check in & get your dolphin swim time, and get changed into your swim suit & vest so you can be ready when stuff opens.

Hit the aviary first for the birds at their most interactive (before they're full and not as interested).

Free drinks includes "regular" booze and icees.

No need to be early for lockers, there are plenty at various locations.

Only lines we stood in were check in and lunch.

dolphin times are set first come first served ..... with the significant chance of afternoon thunder storms any time in summer in Orlando the 'conventional wisdom' is to get an early time ... which means get there early .... we've found that arriving around 7:30 - 8 still got us a time before noon and by the time we'd checked in, gotten lockers and changed, got wetsuits and breakfast it was 9 EASY (all of this is open b4 9) . . the queue for checkin when we've arrived was MAYBE 5 groups ahead of us . . . there are multiple stations feeding one queue .. it moves fast.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter