Discovery Cove November 2017

perry the platypus

Cleveland, Ohio
Looking for some insight. Taking the family to DC next week (day before Thanksgiving) and the weather is looking so/so - is 70 degrees too cold to enjoy the park? We are coming from balmy Cleveland, Ohio - so I am not quite sure how tolerant being in the water will be...

Looking for some insight. Taking the family to DC next week (day before Thanksgiving) and the weather is looking so/so - is 70 degrees too cold to enjoy the park? We are coming from balmy Cleveland, Ohio - so I am not quite sure how tolerant being in the water will be...
Definitely not! Just be sure to ask for the full wet suits if you're worried about being chilly.

Following. I'd love it if you can share your experience when you come back. We are also from the Cleveland area and planning a trip for next Thanksgiving. Planning to drive down Tuesday/Wednesday, Sea World on Thanksgiving, Discovery Cove on Black Friday. Then check in to Disney on Saturday for the week. I'd love to hear what you think and how the temps were. Have a great trip!

70 is great. We went the day after thanksgiving last year. I think it was around 75.

Wetsuit for the dolphin swim, vest for the rest of the day.

Following. I'd love it if you can share your experience when you come back. We are also from the Cleveland area and planning a trip for next Thanksgiving. Planning to drive down Tuesday/Wednesday, Sea World on Thanksgiving, Discovery Cove on Black Friday. Then check in to Disney on Saturday for the week. I'd love to hear what you think and how the temps were. Have a great trip!

It's all relevant to what feels warm to you. I'd think living in Cleveland you are acclimated to colder weather. Most 'hearty' Pittsburgh people happily dip into our pools as soon as ice melts:P & water temp breaks 65 degrees.

If you are comfortable with water temp of Lake Erie (an average of 68 - 70 degrees over the three summer months) you will do fine @DC to Disney

Thanksgiving temps usually warm enough IMO. It's projected to take a bit of a dip when we are there this year darnit but still will be far nicer than home!

I get your concern though, looking a mid-February. Last year wore my winter coat a few nights in January there. It can be hit or miss.

Never experienced much of a breeze @ DC, think the landscaping helps shelter it. Wet suits & vests definitely will help keep you warm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!