Discovery Cove - VERY Last minute visit

sandam1

DIS Veteran
I am toying with the idea of going to Discovery Cove this weekend since the weather looks favorable. How late can I make reservations? Is it possible to just show up the morning of and buy tickets? I'm doing the Disney half marathon on Saturday and would ideally like to wait until after that to see how I feel before booking for Sunday. This is a spur of the moment (and very expensive) add-on to our trip and I have NO idea how this works. I've been there once before, but purchased it well in advance.

It is reservation based so if you just show up you are risking not being able to get in (if they were sold out). But if they have openings I do believe they will still sell you a spot.

Looking at the website you are still able to purchase for this weekend, if possible I would make a reservation at least the day before.

I was able to find this on their website, which definitely suggests they will let you in day of assuming they are not sold out -

Are reservations required to spend the day at Discovery Cove?
Since Discovery Cove limits attendance to about 1,300 guests per day, it is highly recommended you make a reservation for your visit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!