Discovery Cove, Vests and wet suits question

I am going to Discovery Cove in December. I will also be 8 months pregnant. My doctor has cleared it but I am worried about fitting in a wetsuit. I went before in March and it was cold so I spent most of the day in a full wetsuit. Wetsuits only work if they are snug. I can't imagine a wetsuit that fits my belly will still be snug through my arms and legs. I'm a tiny girl normally and when I was there last had to wear a girls size 12 wetsuit, my arms and legs have not grown any since then, but my waist sure has! haha Has anyone had any experience wearing a wetsuit while pregnant?

I have not experienced this but when I was at the park in October with my co-workers, we asked about the wet suits and the various sizes and were informed that they have many sizes and they have not experienced a problem fitting anyone into them. Wet suits will form to your body/expand where you need it to, it may be hard to get into but they will help you pick the right one for you. Have fun!

I am going to Discovery Cove in December. I will also be 8 months pregnant. My doctor has cleared it but I am worried about fitting in a wetsuit. I went before in March and it was cold so I spent most of the day in a full wetsuit. Wetsuits only work if they are snug. I can't imagine a wetsuit that fits my belly will still be snug through my arms and legs. I'm a tiny girl normally and when I was there last had to wear a girls size 12 wetsuit, my arms and legs have not grown any since then, but my waist sure has! haha Has anyone had any experience wearing a wetsuit while pregnant?

I for one am curious as to how the suit fit if DC allows you to get in the water with the dolphin. Do they know you are 8 months pregnant and are they willing to accept the liability if the dolphin noses you in the stomach like they sometimes do?
Will your insurance cover you if something happens?

Personally I would not risk it. 1. because of the salmonella bacteria that could be in the water because the dolphins do poop in the water. One bit of water in the mouth and the baby could be in danger of contracting it. My neighbor's daughter got it from her swimming pool because their German Shepard swam in it. I was pregnant with my oldest at the time, and babysat for her, but her doctor said not to bring her because it could endanger my baby. 2. Dolphins are still wild animals even if most of the time they are gentle. The trainer in the water with you can't really protect you if it is a spur of the moment bump like dolphins sometimes do.
Just my humble opinion with perspective of pregnancy in a different decade.

I for one am curious as to how the suit fit if DC allows you to get in the water with the dolphin. Do they know you are 8 months pregnant and are they willing to accept the liability if the dolphin noses you in the stomach like they sometimes do?
Will your insurance cover you if something happens?

Personally I would not risk it. 1. because of the salmonella bacteria that could be in the water because the dolphins do poop in the water. One bit of water in the mouth and the baby could be in danger of contracting it. My neighbor's daughter got it from her swimming pool because their German Shepard swam in it. I was pregnant with my oldest at the time, and babysat for her, but her doctor said not to bring her because it could endanger my baby. 2. Dolphins are still wild animals even if most of the time they are gentle. The trainer in the water with you can't really protect you if it is a spur of the moment bump like dolphins sometimes do.
Just my humble opinion with perspective of pregnancy in a different decade.

I agree. When I went, the trainer gave that dolphin the wrong signal during the "swim", and corrected it too late. It hit me with it's tail, and I had bruises for a couple weeks!

I'm a Uk size 22 does anybody know what size wetsuit i wil have to ask for?

I'm a Uk size 22 does anybody know what size wetsuit i wil have to ask for?

Not sure of the answer, but they will help you. They have people who work the vest stand and you can try on different sizes until you find the one that fits you best.

Enjoy and have a fantastic time when you go!

I just got back from Disney and DC. Oh those wetsuits...

When we went up to the little hut where they are, this very cute, very nice 20 something year old (please keep in mind that I'm 24) was working. He didn't ask what sizes we were, but literally just glanced at us and handed us suits. He said "I think these will be fine but come back if they're not". I can't imagine a job where it's literally on you to size people up. He was very good about it though, I'm sure lesser people would look at someone heavier and roll their eyes or something rude but he was very polite and friendly about it. My friend's suit was fine and I had to go up a size but that was fine. The first time I went I was really scared of the whole thing but the girl that was working that time assured me they'd fit people way bigger than me and it wouldn't be a problem. I even came up with what I feel is the most efficient way to get into the suit. I call it the "double fisted butt shimmy". This works with the shorty suit. If you get the suit mostly up your legs, then stick your hands down the back of it and grab it, and simultaniously jump and shimmy while pulling the suit up, you can get it up over your hips. My friend favored something that resembled the twist crossed with the watusi. Either way, more often than not, they'll probably have something that will work for you. And yes, the provide quite a bit of bouyancy.

So, from what I understand, we have to wear a wet suit or vest in the water. Kind of sucks; I lived in Hawaii and know how to swim, but I guess I understand.

So, if you're in a cabana, or sunning yourself, can you take the thing off to get some sun? Or to warm up if it's a nice sunny day? I'm planning on going in March, and would love to warm up my albino white body that's had some snow this winter (will be a bit tan to protect myself prior).

You can absolutely take it off throughout the day, as far as I understand you only have to wear it while in the water, and that could just be in the water with any of the animals (not sure about the regular pool). Just keep in mind sometimes it's a bigger pain to take on and off than just leaving the darn thing on.

You can absolutely take it off throughout the day, as far as I understand you only have to wear it while in the water, and that could just be in the water with any of the animals (not sure about the regular pool). Just keep in mind sometimes it's a bigger pain to take on and off than just leaving the darn thing on.

The wet suit does look like a pain, but maybe the vest is easier to get on and off? I've worn a long sleeve jacket from a wet suit while on a dolphin swim in the ocean (and needed it!) which was okay, but never the bottoms.

The vest would be the best option if you plan on taking it on and off a lot,but it offers the least amount of warmth. The animal pools are kept somewhere in the 70s and can be quite chilly when you firrt go in. It'll really depend on how much you can tolerate coldwise and what the weather is like. You can also change your suit throughout the day, if you start off with a vest and decide you'd rather have the full or shorty suit you can do that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!