Discovery Cove when it is cool out?

MaggieBags

Mouseketeer
Hi -

We are tentatively planning a trip to Discovery Cove in November. Chances are the weather will still be nice and warm but if it isn't will the experience still be pleasant? Do the wet suits help? Are the non-animal swim areas heated?

Thank you!

IT IS BETTER than the warm weather months!!!!

Went several times in hot September. Water is SO cold where fish are. I asked staff how cold must it be in the winter but they told me it's actually better because the air is cooler .... and so water doesn't feel as cold. Okay .....

A few years ago got a great rate for December and we were spending a week down there ... so got for a family thing. Here was my time to test it ........... WOW ........... they were right. Hot days it took me forever to creep into the water but the cooler weather I was just walking back and forth into the water.

Wetsuits are helpful for temps but not so much the floating part. If anyone will tire easily get one of the life jackets, you can float all day with them.

Non-fish areas are heated; pool area, lazy river etc. Go back and forth between them. Get there early because you don't want to miss a minute of it. Explore everywhere, every corner.

We LOVE Discovery Cove!!!!

IT IS BETTER than the warm weather months!!!!

Went several times in hot September. Water is SO cold where fish are. I asked staff how cold must it be in the winter but they told me it's actually better because the air is cooler .... and so water doesn't feel as cold. Okay .....

A few years ago got a great rate for December and we were spending a week down there ... so got for a family thing. Here was my time to test it ........... WOW ........... they were right. Hot days it took me forever to creep into the water but the cooler weather I was just walking back and forth into the water.

Wetsuits are helpful for temps but not so much the floating part. If anyone will tire easily get one of the life jackets, you can float all day with them.

Non-fish areas are heated; pool area, lazy river etc. Go back and forth between them. Get there early because you don't want to miss a minute of it. Explore everywhere, every corner.

We LOVE Discovery Cove!!!!

Thank you!!

Don't forget: they have full body wet suits! We went in April last year and I was so cold in my half suit. I saw people in full ones, asked where they got them, and went to trade mine out. It was a great decision, especially if you're doing the SeaVenture.

My last visit to Discovery Cove was in January many years ago. We arrived early and thankfully were able to ask for a later dolphin swim time as it was in the mid 50's. As MrsDuck mentioned, they do have full length wet suits, I don't recall being overly cold at all!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter