Discovery Cove with kids 13, 10, 6, and 2 -- especially photo package!

BJoy82

Earning My Ears
Looking to take advantage of the Black Friday sale and wondering about how things might work with a 2-year-old obviously requiring the constant supervision of either myself (mom) or my husband (dad).

All of us are wanting to do the Signature Dolphin Swim, SeaVenture, and Animal Trek, which leads me to the following questions . . .
  1. How well did DC do with scheduling your family and keeping all of you together as much as possible? (We expect to reserve a cabana. I'm figuring my husband with our older two and me with the 6yo for the Signature Dolphin Swim and Animal Trek and my husband with the 10yo and me with the 13yo for the SeaVenture.)
  2. Are toddlers allowed in:
    1. Serenity Bay?
    2. The Grand Reef?
    3. Freshwater Oasis?
    4. Explorer's Aviary?
    5. Wind-Away River?
  3. Are there infant/toddler life vests available? (I've seen photos of the awesome strollers!)
  4. If you've been part of a group that had to split up, did DC do a good job of getting ALL of your photos into your photo package?

Looking to take advantage of the Black Friday sale and wondering about how things might work with a 2-year-old obviously requiring the constant supervision of either myself (mom) or my husband (dad).

All of us are wanting to do the Signature Dolphin Swim, SeaVenture, and Animal Trek, which leads me to the following questions . . .
  1. How well did DC do with scheduling your family and keeping all of you together as much as possible? (We expect to reserve a cabana. I'm figuring my husband with our older two and me with the 6yo for the Signature Dolphin Swim and Animal Trek and my husband with the 10yo and me with the 13yo for the SeaVenture.)
  2. Are toddlers allowed in:
    1. Serenity Bay?
    2. The Grand Reef?
    3. Freshwater Oasis?
    4. Explorer's Aviary?
    5. Wind-Away River?
  3. Are there infant/toddler life vests available? (I've seen photos of the awesome strollers!)
  4. If you've been part of a group that had to split up, did DC do a good job of getting ALL of your photos into your photo package?
Been many times but not with a toddler. But I've seen others there with them, although not very many.

I think they can go in all the places you listed. The website doesn't mention the Freshwater Oasis but seems like that is safer than the River?

There were vests of all sizes that I remember, my adult son (disabled) wears one. He can swim fine but it is very exhausting so it helps.

I would consider water socks/shoes. Many areas of the reefs, river etc have rough or sharp surfaces.

The river is very deep in places and runs fast. It is NOT a "lazy" river. It takes endurance and good swimming if you don't have a floatation, and you go under waterfalls (used to block birds in Aviary).

Know that if you enter the water everyone must wear their wet suit or wet vest. While it provides some minimal floating, it helps the lifeguards visually. If I were bringing kids I would bring swim shirts to avoid their skin getting rubbed by them.

Here is some good info with a wee one ~ https://rachelscraftedlife.com/discovery-cove-with-baby/

We are booked for February, look forward to going back. Have fun! 🐬🐬

Been many times but not with a toddler. But I've seen others there with them, although not very many.

I think they can go in all the places you listed. The website doesn't mention the Freshwater Oasis but seems like that is safer than the River?

There were vests of all sizes that I remember, my adult son (disabled) wears one. He can swim fine but it is very exhausting so it helps.

I would consider water socks/shoes. Many areas of the reefs, river etc have rough or sharp surfaces.

The river is very deep in places and runs fast. It is NOT a "lazy" river. It takes endurance and good swimming if you don't have a floatation, and you go under waterfalls (used to block birds in Aviary).

Know that if you enter the water everyone must wear their wet suit or wet vest. While it provides some minimal floating, it helps the lifeguards visually. If I were bringing kids I would bring swim shirts to avoid their skin getting rubbed by them.

Here is some good info with a wee one ~ https://rachelscraftedlife.com/discovery-cove-with-baby/

We are booked for February, look forward to going back. Have fun! 🐬🐬
Thanks for that link and the pointers!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter