Discovery Pass - Please confirm for me before I book!

Thundercats HO!

Earning My Ears
Hi all!

So we are planning to visit DLP this October. We planned to stay at a non Disney hotel, partly as its cheaper but also because we want to do more than just Disney on our trip so didn't want more Park Tickets than we need.

My plan was to get us all Discovery passes, arrive on Friday, go to parks that day to activate the passes (is this right?) and spend some time in the park, then spend the weekend sightseeing then return to Disney Monday, Tues and Weds before heading home Thurs.

I know with Discovery you can't use it on the 2nd and 3rd consecutive days but if those days are the weekend do they still count even though generally you cant go on weekends with a Discovery pass anyway?

Also, when is best to book the passes? Can I purchase them now and activate in October or do They activate when you buy? Also is there any tips on cheaper ways to buy passes? Like friend referrals?

Want to book the hotel asap so would really appreciate any advice so I don't book and mess things up!

Many thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts