Discussing DIS topics to others in real life?

Have you ever discussed a DIS thread with people in real life?

• Yes

Votes: 92 92.0%
  • No

Votes: 7 7.0%
  • Other

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters
This thread is amusing to me since I hide my DIS watching like I would adult websites!! My wife is a Disney lover, but I have become somewhat of a fanboy, and I spend copious amounts of my free time watching the archived podcasts and such. We won't be heading back down until 2020, but I have the fever NOW!! Haha.

Welcome to the Dis and welcome to the wide world of Disney fandom! :earsboy: I absolutely talk to people about various things I've read on the Dis.:)

I haven't shown a thread or anything but will often ask another's take on a thread. It's led to some interesting real life conversations.

That said, my df now will ask if x was brought up by the dis and might roll his eyes. He thinks my dis obsession is perfectly out of keeping with the rest of me, but he also knows I love it.

I'm not sure why people consider online forums to not be real life? Take Rodeo's thread for a good example. You can't get more real life then that. I think that entire (incredibly sad) thread is such an eye opening experience about how much "real life" has changed and how new social norms and rules are coming about these days regarding how we communicate with others.

But to answer the question - yes I do discuss things I have seen here with others in my offline life.

I frequently talk to DH about something I read on the Dis. I may have only been an official member for a few months, but I’ve been a lurker for years!

I have found that I can usually find a thread about whatever topic I’m researching online (and it’s been a wide range of topics over the years, not just travel related). It may not be “official” information, but it is helpful to read stories from people who have gone through whatever it is I am dealing with at the moment.

Only my husband, and as much as he love me even HE does not get why I spend so much time here... LOL

Of course....I find so many interesting topics discussed here that it is a great resource for topics of discussions with other people in and outside my family. My family loves when I say...."guess what was on the DIS today?". They often ask what the latest drama is.

I don't find it odd at all....so many discussions are current events so it does not seem weird at all to discuss things outside of the DIS. And, there are some real doozies on here that you can't help discussing them outside the DIS!!

MJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter