[Discussion] Necessary First Time- but ONLY First Time

ZephyrJG

Earning My Ears
Sorry if the title was misleading, but I couldn't figure out a good way to word it while still keeping it short.

What I meant was.....

What is something that you absolutely HAVE to do you first time at the parks, but you don't really need to do after that?

(I of course am not referring to the obvious things such as getting your "First Time" badge lol)

For me it was collecting autographs. I HAD to do it my first time there, and I'm super glad I did. I love looking back at my autographs.

BUT, that being said... it's just not something I NEED to do anymore. I've done it once, now I use that time for another things.

I will still wait in line to get pictures with SOME of the characters, but it's not like before where I HAD to get every singles one AND their autograph.

Does anybody else feel this way? Why or why not?

What other Disney experiences do you feel this way about?

Autographs I now only get for rarer characters. As for attractions, It's A Small World is the first that comes to mind. I ride that ride once per trip as a self inflicted tax for going to WDW, feels required, but I don't ride it again. I feel you should do these ones once, but I tend to skip on most trips: Indiana Jones Stunt Show, the videos in certain world showcase pavilions, and it's tough to be a bug. Carousel of Progress is a must see as it was made by Walt himself, but most that are not hardcore Disney fans won't want to ride again.

Cinderella's Royal Table! Especially if you are only doing a once in the life time trip, yeah the food isn't that great but there is nothing better than the experience of having a meal in the castle! :)

Pins! When I went in 06 I got tons of pins. A pin for every attraction I did as well as those I just liked. Now, While I like the ones I have, I'm okay with not buying any more.

Pins! When I went in 06 I got tons of pins. A pin for every attraction I did as well as those I just liked. Now, While I like the ones I have, I'm okay with not buying any more.
I agree with this. I now only buy one to commemorate each trip, however I love the trading. Even when the parks can get redundant, you never know what pins you will find! This aspect of pins is never boring to me.

I agree with this too! I've never been big on trading anyway, but I only did it the first time and I was done after that.

We did the pennies once. That was fun. Hmmmm , maybe I should do that one again. An inexpensive memory and both my DS enjoyed cranking the handle.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter