DISers Love Broadway!

http://click.email.theatermania.com...249d2e78d2c03854c451077974db9012d4b3e3a0ba5e3
IN CONCERT AT THE HOLLYWOOD BOWL:

MUSICALS AND THE MOVIES
Broadway and Tinseltown meet at the Bowl! Kristin Chenoweth, Audra McDonald, Sutton Foster, and Brian Stokes Mitchell team up with the LA Phil for Musicals and the Movies in the latest episode of In Concert at the Hollywood Bowl.

Sept 9 at 9pm on KCET
and
Sept 11 at 8pm on PBS SoCal.

7/10. For penance, I assign myself 3 rewatches and 2 beltings of Santa Fe. (although the ones I got wrong weren't anything that watching would fix, I just like to watch it ;-) )
I told DH that our next rewatch needs to be 'Dinner & a Movie' ("pastrami on rye with a sour pickle..."). :)

I REALLY hope Disney does a live recording of Hunchback of Notre Dame. I saw the stage production in Sacramento and it was amazing. They cast a deaf man as Quasimodo and had another man sing for him. It was seriously one of the most amazing productions I have ever seen. The additional music and the REAL ending make it so incredible.

I REALLY hope Disney does a live recording of Hunchback of Notre Dame. I saw the stage production in Sacramento and it was amazing. They cast a deaf man as Quasimodo and had another man sing for him. It was seriously one of the most amazing productions I have ever seen. The additional music and the REAL ending make it so incredible.
That sounds so cool! If you ever get a chance to see Deaf West's production of "Big River" or "Pippin" (or, for that matter, any production by Deaf West Theatre), GO! Their musical productions are stellar -- so moving and absolutely riveting. "Big River" changed DH's whole perspective and understanding about ASL -- went in not knowing what to expect and once the show started, he was completely immersed!

That sounds so cool! If you ever get a chance to see Deaf West's production of "Big River" or "Pippin" (or, for that matter, any production by Deaf West Theatre), GO! Their musical productions are stellar -- so moving and absolutely riveting. "Big River" changed DH's whole perspective and understanding about ASL. -- went in not knowing what to expect and once the show started, he was completely immersed!

Here in Denver we have a theater company called Phamaly (PHAMALy - Physically Handicapped Actors & Musical Artists League) that casts only people with physical and mental disabilities for their shows. Some amazingly powerful performances. I still remember their "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat" from 15 years ago.

Oregon Shakespeare Festival has a deaf actor (Howie Seago) who's been part of the company for years. I've seen him in several things, most notably as King Cymbeline in Cymbeline and the Wolf in Into the Woods,

For those who love Hamilton, Tim Dolan of Broadway Up Close Walking Tours is doing a 2 part virtual "HamilTour." We've done his tours in NYC and he's fabulous. I highly recommend!! I already have my ticket.

Last week I was watching Ratched on Netflix. To my surprise and joy, Jon Jon Briones was part of the cast as well. And it reminded me of one of the best performances I have ever seen on stage: Jon Jon Briones as the Engineer in Miss Saigon. For the last few days I have binge watched every video and audio bit I could find of this production :) And I knew there was a special 25th anniversary performance in 2014, but I didn't know that there was a dvd of this recording. I've received the DVD yesterday and it is one of the best recordings I have ever seen. It is a live performance, but with close ups and onstage footage, like they did for Hamilton. The cast is amazing, Eva Noblezada is amazing as Kim, I've never seen such innocence in a Kim, she sometimes sounds childlike (at the right moments). And I think with Jon Jon Briones you can see that he has played this part so many times over the years, he has perfected the performance.

No matter how much I love the original production, the new updated version has made so many little improvements. I cried my eyes out last night when I watched the DVD.

https://www.amazon.com/Miss-Saigon-...2249952&sprefix=miss+saigon+25,aps,276&sr=8-1

Last week I was watching Ratched on Netflix. To my surprise and joy, Jon Jon Briones was part of the cast as well. And it reminded me of one of the best performances I have ever seen on stage: Jon Jon Briones as the Engineer in Miss Saigon. For the last few days I have binge watched every video and audio bit I could find of this production :) And I knew there was a special 25th anniversary performance in 2014, but I didn't know that there was a dvd of this recording. I've received the DVD yesterday and it is one of the best recordings I have ever seen. It is a live performance, but with close ups and onstage footage, like they did for Hamilton. The cast is amazing, Eva Noblezada is amazing as Kim, I've never seen such innocence in a Kim, she sometimes sounds childlike (at the right moments). And I think with Jon Jon Briones you can see that he has played this part so many times over the years, he has perfected the performance.
Rachelle Ann Go is in that too, as Gigi. She was Eliza in the West End production of Hamilton and sings on First Burn which is one of my favorite HamilDrops.

(Also, Shoba Narayan was my first Eliza and she's freaking amazing)

Last week I was watching Ratched on Netflix. To my surprise and joy, Jon Jon Briones was part of the cast as well. And it reminded me of one of the best performances I have ever seen on stage: Jon Jon Briones as the Engineer in Miss Saigon...
This made me smile. We are Jon Jon Briones fans, too. Got to see him as the Engineer here in L.A. (you are right -- he's fabulous! And I was so glad to see someone Asian playing that part!) We first saw him in a very small production of Ragtime where he played opposite his wife. That was a lovely production -- you could really see and hear the details. And we've seen his children in a small production of Gypsy. The family has been very active in the L.A. small theater scene. If you get a chance to catch them on your next trip out here, do!

For all you Broadway fans, it was just announced that Broadway will not reopen until at least June 2021. Got this information from DS, who is a professional musician in NYC and although he doesn't work on Broadway, many of his friends do, or rather, did. Many Broadway workers are suffering.

For all you Broadway fans, it was just announced that Broadway will not reopen until at least June 2021. Got this information from DS, who is a professional musician in NYC and although he doesn't work on Broadway, many of his friends do, or rather, did. Many Broadway workers are suffering.
Yup. Heard that yesterday. My performer son (who was on contract in Michigan when everything got shut down) is freaking out. His plan was to move to NY after his contract in MI was up and now...?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!