Votes: 68 82.9%
  • Do not use dishes in the room

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Have mine in my OL

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Other (Post the details)

Votes: 8 9.8%

• Total voters
How do you run the dishwasher? Any special way to close it, what do you push, where does the detergent go, etc.

No such thing as a stupid question & you don't know what you don't know. It's very easy. Most dishwashers click shut. So when you shut the door, you know it.
The soap goes in a special little um..."window" or flap area that is marked "soap" and you must use soap designated as dishwasher soap so don't use just plain dish soap.
Once the soap is in the dispenser and you click it closed you're good. I believe the DVC units have the on/off mechanisms on the outside so you'd just turn it on and walk away.
Mine at home as buttons on the inside on the door so you set those before you click the door in place.

And as far as the survey is concerned - I normally only do weekend visits so we stay studio most of the time so it's paper for us. But I bring my own coffee mugs and wash them. If I use the glasses in the room, I wash them first and after. I also rinse the coffee pot.

Same as most, run dishwasher as we're leaving at the end of our trip. After years of vacationing and staying in beach rentals, virtually all of them ask you to start the dishwasher before you leave. Makes sense, since housekeeping has to get everything ready by check in.

No such thing as a stupid question & you don't know what you don't know. It's very easy. Most dishwashers click shut. So when you shut the door, you know it.
The soap goes in a special little um..."window" or flap area that is marked "soap" and you must use soap designated as dishwasher soap so don't use just plain dish soap.
Once the soap is in the dispenser and you click it closed you're good. I believe the DVC units have the on/off mechanisms on the outside so you'd just turn it on and walk away.
Mine at home as buttons on the inside on the door so you set those before you click the door in place.

And as far as the survey is concerned - I normally only do weekend visits so we stay studio most of the time so it's paper for us. But I bring my own coffee mugs and wash them. If I use the glasses in the room, I wash them first and after. I also rinse the coffee pot.

Thank you! (Housekeeping and whoever will get the room after me probably also would thank you.)

You will be pleased to hear that I loaded and started the dishwasher before leaving today. At 9:15 am. If that room isn't ready until late, it's not my fault!

Thank you again to PP for instructions.

We always wash before using and ensure everything is washed that we used at the end of our trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter