Dishwasher Cycle Times

mom2rb

DIS Veteran
I bought a new dishwasher yesterday, a GE Adoura. I like that it has a third rack, adjustable top rack and upper or lower wash only. It is also very quite. I got a great deal because of a small dent on the side. It has a timer that tells how long the cycle is. It is almost 4 hours. I don’t know if this is normal and I just never noticed or if it is way longer than my old one.

Welcome to the world of energy efficient dishwashers. My shortest normal cycle (no drying) is 75 minutes. Some are much longer. You'll get used to it!

4 hours? That's crazy. I thought mine was bad. It's not cleaning as well s it used to so I have to put it on the longest cycle which is 2 hours.

I've never really timed mine to be exact, but I'm thinking it's around 3 hours. My old one didn't take that long.

I never start it if I know I'm not going to be home for 3-4 hours, I wouldn't leave it running if I wasn't here.

I have a 2 year old Bosch and the longest cycle is 2 plus hours and the shortest is an express 40 minutes. I almost always use the express cycle and my dishes come out mostly spotless. Like the OP's, mine is very quiet too. So quiet we are always opening the door to add a dish, not realizing the machine is even on.

My is a KitchenAid. Extremely quiet. I always select “Pro Wash” which essentially is the dishwasher sensing and making the decision on how hard it should work. Usually about 2-2.5 hours. I rinse my dishes though. I think it would be much longer if I didn’t.

My Bosch is two hours and 30 minutes, I thought that was long! And that doesn't totally dry everything. But it's so nice and quiet and I like the fact that it doesn't have an actual heating element, so it can't accidentally melt something.

My Bosch is also about 2-1/2 hours on the "normal" cycle and I thought *that* was a long time compared to our old one. (Love the new dishwasher though, so the extra cycle time is definitely "worth it," but you do need to plan ahead.) Our dishwasher has an "Express 60" option which does the cycle in 60 minutes, and that works well in a pinch.

Yep. Pretty standard. We run ours while we are sleeping at night. Set it up with the time delay so it starts around 1am. If we need to do a quick load during the day, we use the 1hr quick cycle with the heated dry.

Ours is something like 3 hours 18 minutes (I remember because I think it is an odd amount of time). Since we rinse the dishes well anyway, we have found quick was does a good job and that is more like an hour and fifteen minutes.

The regular long cycle is really a pain when you are entertaining or want a bit quicker turnaround for your dishes. It is not an issue so much when you run it at night, but for those times (for us it is when hosting house guests) and it fills up fast and often that I end up doing dishes by hand. The good news is we have built out a mini kitchen in the basement and I have a second dishwasher now for emergencies.

The cycle we use on ours is 3 hours & 36 minutes long.

I pre-rinse our dishes too, & we probably wouldn't need the 3 1/2 hour cycle. However, I like the sani-rinse & the heated dry.

Most of the time, I'll turn it on right before I go to bed. Otherwise, I'll try to run it either right after breakfast or right after lunch, so it's finished by dinner time.

We got the dishwasher we have now for about 3 years and I was SHOCKED at how long it takes to run the cycle. Even on the "quick" wash it takes over an hour.

When we moved into our new house a few years ago I was shocked that the dishwasher took just over 3 hours to run a normal cycle with no dry time. The good thing though is that it is the quietest dishwasher I have ever had, so I guess it all works out.

3 hours 11 minutes on "normal cycle"
I have a 58 minute quick cycle
Whirlpool gold series, very quiet.

I was at my moms this morning and she turned hers on and I realized just how quiet mine is now. Hers must be 5-6 years old.

I also have a Bosch and almost always use the quick cycle which is a little over 30 minutes. Dishes always come out clean.

We have a 2-1/2 year old Whirlpool Gold series and "normal" cycle time including drying is 3 hours and 18 minutes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter