Disney 1st Quarter Earnings Call 2018

Looks like the major news was new Star Wars series, ESPN+, strong parks quarter, and slight Disney streaming service news.

Looks like the major news was new Star Wars series, ESPN+, strong parks quarter, and slight Disney streaming service news.

Any specifics about domestic park attendance? I know I'm the note it said increase but wondering scale

Parks and Resorts revenues were up 13% from the first quarter last year. Operating Income up 21%.

This is just mere dreams talking but... given the increases, might we possibly not see a price increase this year? Or at least just a minor one? Does it not become a bit harder for them to justify jacking prices once again well above inflation, give such increases?

This is just mere dreams talking but... given the increases, might we possibly not see a price increase this year? Or at least just a minor one? Does it not become a bit harder for them to justify jacking prices once again well above inflation, give such increases?
I would think the opposite. They obviously haven't found their ceiling yet so if they keep making money they are going to keep raising prices.

A strong number for parks means they'll really have to pull out all the stops to beat that number next year.

A strong number for parks means they'll really have to pull out all the stops to beat that number next year.
This is only the first quarter. They need to keep it going strong for the rest of the year yet.

So I once worked for a publicly listed technology company and was given some nice stock options.

I'm sure Disney has plenty of stock options distributed to cast members (not going to segregate levels). I remember asking our Director of SEC Reporting if I could short the stock?

Needless to say, she gave me "the eye" to which I basically said that, although I believed in the company, I was betting that Wall Street wouldn't be as kind.

I am eager to see what happens to DIS stock price over the next several weeks.

I should check to see if Iger and C-Levels are going to institute a buy back; nothing exhilarates confidence than raising dividends and buy-backs.

I should check to see if Iger and C-Levels are going to institute a buy back; nothing exhilarates confidence than raising dividends and buy-backs.
Disney has been constantly buying back stock. I posted about how much they recent bought back in this thread.

Actually, the buy back breakdowns don't reveal themselves until later under Insider Transactions. Our CEO/CFO/CTO were granted so many options that the buy back numbers were skewed. An aggregate number doesn't necessarily equate to C-Level confidence.

And yes, I was a major contributor to our market numbers and would know if the marked would, with high confidence, react in the higher stock price or lower. However, due to insider trading regulations, I could not compromise. I knew our SEC reporting team and would give final numbers just before the call you all hear.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter