Disney 1st Quarter Earnings Call 2018

Any monkey can parrot the press release and numbers, but it is the "troops" in the trenches that know the direct ramifications. Only the battle tested know the P/E and balance sheets. My/our numbers fed into them (public press releases) as a LARGE portion of revenue and gross/net profit.

Any monkey can parrot the press release and numbers, but it is the "troops" in the trenches that know the direct ramifications. Only the battle tested know the P/E and balance sheets. My/our numbers fed into them (public press releases) as a LARGE portion of revenue and gross/net profit.
Ok that’s fine. I’m trying to see how this relates to today’s earnings call.

Sorry...didn't mean to imply you directly. I've been battle-tested for many, many years in the public's eye; If I can help a fellow Disney-lover I would consider it an honor.

If this service allows you to watch any MLB game during the season I will definitely be getting it.

Not going to happen. MLB already has that service, it is called MLB.tv.

The new Star Wars series will be set in a specific time period.

The new Disney streaming app will have a exclusive Star Wars series as well.

This is good news. I’m really looking forward to seeing what Disney puts in to the new streaming service. Has anyone asked whether or not the service will carry a live feed of The Disney Channel?

Disney originally expected a $100 million loss but has upped that expectation to $250 million for the year.

Loss for what?

Not going to happen. MLB already has that service, it is called MLB.tv.

This is good news. I’m really looking forward to seeing what Disney puts in to the new streaming service. Has anyone asked whether or not the service will carry a live feed of The Disney Channel?

Loss for what?
MLB's service is run by the company that Disney bought, BAMTech.

I would imagine no live feed but several of the programs on Disney Channel will likely be on the service. Think of it as Disney Netflix.

Loss for Hulu I believe.

MLB's service is run by the company that Disney bought, BAMTech.

I would imagine no live feed but several of the programs on Disney Channel will likely be on the service. Think of it as Disney Netflix.

Loss for Hulu I believe.

BAM handles the back-end tech for MLB.tv, but BAM doesn’t own MLB.tv. In theory, MLB.tv could be shifted to another provider, other than BAM. That said, I don’t know why they would, because MLB still owns 25% of BAM (Disney owns 75%).

BAM handles the back-end tech for MLB.tv, but BAM doesn’t own MLB.tv. In theory, MLB.tv could be shifted to another provider, other than BAM. That said, I don’t know why they would, because MLB still owns 25% of BAM (Disney owns 75%).
The MLB and Disney could come to come sort of agreement in broadcasting MLB games on their streaming service. We don't know all the details of MLB being on the service just that it will be.

The MLB and Disney could come to come sort of agreement in broadcasting MLB games on their streaming service. We don't know all the details of MLB being on the service just that it will be.

there certainly could be some sort of arrangement but I would still see it as two separate things that have some connection and provide a package or something - maybe reduced price for MLB TV or a promotion of including it to get people to sign up for the Disney service, etc. - definitely wouldn't expect it to just be included with other programing, but you never know

So they say domestic parks attendance rose 6% this last quarter. What was WDW's specifically?

Also, when I read that I immediately thought about Universal and how whatever gains Disney get are usually doubled by Universal. Their increase must be off the charts!

So they say domestic parks attendance rose 6% this last quarter. What was WDW's specifically?

Also, when I read that I immediately thought about Universal and how whatever gains Disney get are usually doubled by Universal. Their increase must be off the charts!
Disney doesn’t break it down that specifically for the public.

It is a separate new app. Watch ESPN I feel has become obsolete already. I deleted it since you can view everything in Watch ESPN in the regular ESPN app. So I felt why have two apps when I only need one. ESPN+ will be for streaming only.
I had the opposite experience. It took too many clicks for me to eventually find live games of my favorite college team on the ESPN app, I deleted it and went back to WatchESPN.

I had the opposite experience. It took too many clicks for me to eventually find live games of my favorite college team on the ESPN app, I deleted it and went back to WatchESPN.
Interesting. Maybe this was originally? I find it very easy to find games I want now on the ESPN app.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter