Disney Abandons Vegans - There are ZERO Options

I have vegan friends who go ALL the time and there is NO shortage of Vegan offerings in Magic Kingdom
Try these next time for counter service - even as a meat eater I have tried these and think they are tasty!

Plant based dog at Casey's Corner
Vegan cheese flatbread at Pinnochio's Village Haus
Vegan Brat with tots at Friar's Nook
Columbia Harbor House's Vegetarian Chili or the Lighthouse sandwich (order no slaw, as it has mayo)
Pecos Bill Plant-Based Southwest Cheeseburger, or the Roasted Vegetable Rice Bowl - ask for plain white rice, normal rice contains dairy

the plant based meatballs in Galaxy's Edge is actually my new favorite quick service.

Ok if you’re vegan, can you eat Disney fries? Do they make fries that made without frying them with oil. Is baked a option? I looked on the site and I didn’t see fries on it, Derp vegetable oil I’m a dumb, but some places do use beef fat.

Last edited:

Disney cater for the masses, and most people are meat eaters. If you have a restrictive diet, then you may have to bring your own food then you won't be disappointed.

Last edited:
In my experience, Disney has been far more helpful in dealing with diet issues than most places. So, I admit I was shocked and concerned by your suggestion that there were zero options. They helped us work out options for our autistic son, when he needed help that no menu could provide. However, it seems maybe there are more options than you thought. It can be difficult to track down what you need in the moment though, and that can be frustrating.

Vegan Disney World also has a Facebook page with lots of helpful info and comments from other vegans.

Even before the latest in Plant based food news from Disney, we had a list of places to go and food to try that was longer than what we could actually expect to be able to eat in one trip. Breakfast is tricky in general for us, because we're not "dessert for breakfast" people, so i can't speak to breakfast, as we always just eat in our room. :)

But for lunch, dinner, and snacks we found plenty of options that we felt were just fine for what one could expect from a theme park. I wish you better luck if you return to the World again, OP.

We've been going to WDW for 20 years. We're veggie leaning towards vegan. We've never ever had an issue of eating in Disney. Seaworld and Universal have often caused us issues but not Disney. Go into any table service, tell them you're vegan and hey presto, a vegan meal appears. Simples

/\
This!

I'm gluten free, definitely NOT by lifestyle choice but medical necessity due to auto immune disease. I would never go anywhere without looking into my options. But for me, if I happen to get too much gluten I would get very ill.
Right! My daughter is allergic to wheat and tomato and I have every meal and snack planned with options for her.
Worst case, go to Pecos bills and get plain corn chips with lots of guacamole! Vegan!

There are more options there there once were, but if you look at the list here https://vegandisneyworld.com/vegan-options/vegan-magic-kingdom/ OP is right that there's almost nothing before 10 am - BOG and CP only. Most of the suggestions on this thread are for meals that would be available after 11 am (By which point, OP was probably pretty hangry.)

I've actually never tried to eat breakfast in MK, but I can imagine expecting a bagel or something to be pretty easy to come by.

I was told that town hall has a list of all the plant based options (but the other parks do not).

And, come on Disney: The vegan option at Main Street Bakery is coffee? (I did consider getting coffee during EMM once and was totally deterred by the line!)

Also, note the dates: OP was there in Sept. The new menus (https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/plant-based/#/drawer=drawerPlantBasedMK) were official at the end of the month. The Plaza has now joined the vegan breakfast options.

"We found the ONLY available lunch venue open for quick counter service, Cosmic Joe's Starlight Cafe" I hear his cousin Comic Ray has better vegan food. Maybe if you tried there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!