Disney Adulting

HollyMD

DIS Veteran
Hi, all! My DH and I will be headed to Disney in November without the kiddos for oncfor a first time ever adult only trip! While I know we will hit up F&W and probably check out Jellyrolls and Trader Sam’s, but was wondering what some of YOU like to do with an adults only trip?

Last time we were there in March it was just the two of us. We just like taking our time going through the parks looking at all the great details in the parks and just taking in the whole atmosphere. We really did not rush to see or do anything we eat at a few new places that we have never been to before, took a few breaks during the day to just sit and relax. We were able to go shopping and actually able to look around and see stuff with out being bugged by kids haha

Sleep. Skip Breakfast. Take my time. Talk with other adults. Enjoy adult beverages. Look in shops at things I am interested in. Skip the things I'm NOT interested in. Do the vintage rides (Carousel of Progress, Small World, Tiki Room) as well as the others. Enjoy the resort. Enjoy the shows in each country of EPCOT. NOT buy Pokemon. Skip Fantasmic ! Skip Dinosaur! Eat at Boma. ..and did I mention the adult beverages? That.

We're doing the same in November. Can't wait! The things I'm most excited about are eating at places that my kids wouldn't like the food at, having BOTH of us stay and see the evening shows together (normally 1 of us can stay with an older kid while the other has to take the others back to the resort), F&W, and having some time to just take in the atmosphere--walk around taking photos, appreciate details we usually rush past, etc. Since the parks are closing at 9 every day of our trip, we'll still get an early start but plan to stay until close. If we had a longer trip and planned on some non-park time, I'd love to get massages at one of the spas.

These are all great ideas! Thanks and keep it coming! I enjoy hearing what others like to do

My husband and I just returned from an adult only trip. We are at restaurants that we knew our kids would hate, we resort hopped, slowly toured the counties in EPCOT and did not cry when space mountain went down.
LOL at "did not cry when Space Mountain went down." My DH has been wanting to ride Splash Mountain for a few years, but the kids all refused and I couldn't leave them to ride with him. If it goes down during our trip and he can't ride, there just might be tears!

It's Disney, blitz the rides per usual with longer legs! Phooey on sleeping in, smelling the roses, what are you thinking? And maybe the thing about dressing up like Delirium said.

We tried the Wild Africa Trek. If you like going behind the scenes and getting close to the animals "Disney style", you may enjoy this. We had a blast. It is a bit pricey but it is a very memorable experience. The Trek also includes a meal. If the AK is not your thing, try one of the other behind the scenes tours. Have a great time without the kiddos.

I'm going solo in Novemeber and plan to get up early and stay up late - which I do at home but my 4yo daughter cannot hang. I am also hoping to ride some of the coasters for the first time because my daughter will not ride those either. I'm also looking forward to walking quickly and not getting stuck behind slowpokes with my big stroller :tongue:

We still rope drop with an afternoon break, but without kids we actually get to take a nap during the afternoon break! That is like a vacation in itself. I like just eating on the fly whenever I’m actually hungry. It’s a lot easier to find a last minute ADR somewhere for two if we decide we want one. We eat more snacks because we only have to buy one or two, not seven. We repeat our favorite rides a lot and skip the carousel completely, BLESS!

I just booked a solo trip for my birthday in November. I am so looking forward to doing all of these things, and also doing nothing! Ive been alone without my kids before and it is a completely different experience! I can't wait!

Everyone seems to have the answers I would have given you. My wife and I have been "sans-children" since 2013 and all I can tell you is, these last 7 trip shave been the best we have ever taken. I think the best part is we don't have to do anything. Have you ever had a "stay-cation" where you just stay home, read, and do nothing? it's like that but a whole lot more fun. If the lines for a ride are more that 1/2 hour-we keep walking. If I want a Mickey Ice cream bar i get it. I sleep in as long as i want, we go where and when we want. Guess what, this vacation is going to be all about YOU. Have fun.

My husband and I just returned from an adult only trip. We are at restaurants that we knew our kids would hate, we resort hopped, slowly toured the counties in EPCOT and did not cry when space mountain went down.
Not gonna lie, when I went to DL for the first time in May they had Space Mountain down to change it over to HyperSpace Mountain and I cried a little. :rotfl2:

No kids here. We like trying all of the drinks at the different lounges. One of our favorites on my last trip Nomad Lounge. Give me A/C, a comfy sofa, and a hightower rocks and I'm good.

Sleep. Skip Breakfast. Take my time. Talk with other adults. Enjoy adult beverages. Look in shops at things I am interested in. Skip the things I'm NOT interested in. Do the vintage rides (Carousel of Progress, Small World, Tiki Room) as well as the others. Enjoy the resort. Enjoy the shows in each country of EPCOT. NOT buy Pokemon. Skip Fantasmic ! Skip Dinosaur! Eat at Boma. ..and did I mention the adult beverages? That.

This sounds amazing! I am currently planning a two week trip at the end of Oct, beg of Nov (10/26-11/10) completely solo'ing it. I plan on splurging at V+A's, Traders, etc. And I am most excited about being able to TAKE MY TIME! I am getting 9 day hopper. I plan on getting everything in!!! And not be in that rush rush rush!

We did a 3 night stay without our school age kids last January. We lingered in AK animal areas and Epcot Arts Festival exhibits. The kids asked us which rides we did, and we technically did ride some things. But we didn’t even use all 3 FPs one day...and it was fine! The kids were stunned and confused by our choices. :)
Of course, more rides would have been ok too. We were so flexible it was nice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!