Disney Adulting

Late dinners at restaurants that you might not typically take the kids to (unique food or more expensive). Late dinner at California Grill & watch the fireworks from the roof. Sanaa, Tiffins, Skipper Canteen, or take your pick of the many restaurants at Disney Springs. Also lounge hopping at the monorail resorts. The options are endless.

We have no kids so every trip is an adult one. We sleep in (generally), either have a late and leisurely TS breakfast or just wing it, pool time, try out different lounges, shop, don't wait in line for longer than 30 minutes, do different tours (WAT, KTTK, DestiNations, etc.), special dining/snacking (MK VIP tasting, Highway in the Sky, Savor the Savannah, Jiko wine tasting, etc.), V&A, watch the performers (Citizens of Hollywood, toy soliders, stormtroopers, Chinese acrobats, French mimes, etc.), spend time in Disney Springs. I have a basic framework for our trip and then we go with the flow.

My gf and I are leaving for an adults trip in 5 weeks. I’m down for a work conference so the hotel and flight are paid for by someone else. We are planning on taking our time doing whatever we want. We have several late night reservations. The only early morning will be to go to HS during the extended magic hours to see the Star Wars stuff. She will lounge by stormalong bay while I’m at the conference. Should be a good trip especially since we are leaving 3 kids aged 6-13 behind!

Check out the glass blower at Crystal arts. Interact with the characters on Main Street. Take in all the things you miss when rushing from ride to ride. Relax with an adult beverage in the garden behind France (when there is no meet and greet going on). Just enjoy the time together as much as possible.

Hi, all! My DH and I will be headed to Disney in November without the kiddos for oncfor a first time ever adult only trip! While I know we will hit up F&W and probably check out Jellyrolls and Trader Sam’s, but was wondering what some of YOU like to do with an adults only trip?

I'm all about mixing the adult aspect and the "be a kid again" aspect.

Kid: Meeting characters, particularly rare ones like the princes and villains. I have a couple of Dinner Reservations that may have a villain there as well as a couple of MVMCP to meet a few of the princesses with their princes. I know it's not a guarantee they'll be present but figure may as well try. Moana is also on the list to meet as well during the party.

Adult: I'm going in December so fully intend to sample some Festival of the Holidays food as well as some of the drinks around World Showcase. I am particularly interested in a margarita (with black ant salt) from La Cava del Tequila and the ice cream martini from L'Artisan des Glaces I also have some reservations at Tiffins & Skipper's, both of which I understand offers some unique dishes for the more adventurous palate.

This will be our second adult trip (after having kids) to celebrate our 24th anniversary and my husbands retirement from the military (27 years!! :D). We are flying in for the first time to Orlando and will arrive around 1130am. We plan on checking in to the resort, get our celebration buttons and head to Epcot for our first fast passes! From there we will undoubtedly walk around the world have a couple of drinks and then Disney Springs later in the evening for dinner. This is just our tentative plan. We don't like to make too many plans set in stone. Our second day we have breakfast at Chrystal Palace, Sunday we are doing the MNSSHP, we love dressing up! :rotfl: We really aren't into parades or fireworks, more just relaxing, going on rides and discovering new things. Have fun everyone!!

The Highway In the Sky Dine Around is a great adult experience (I think I may have read somewhere it may be going away , but I have not confirmed that )..

Yeah, I would have loved for DH and I to do highway in the sky when we go, but unfortunately, it isn’t offered in November

This will be our second adult trip (after having kids) to celebrate our 24th anniversary and my husbands retirement from the military (27 years!! :D). We are flying in for the first time to Orlando and will arrive around 1130am. We plan on checking in to the resort, get our celebration buttons and head to Epcot for our first fast passes! From there we will undoubtedly walk around the world have a couple of drinks and then Disney Springs later in the evening for dinner. This is just our tentative plan. We don't like to make too many plans set in stone. Our second day we have breakfast at Chrystal Palace, Sunday we are doing the MNSSHP, we love dressing up! :rotfl: We really aren't into parades or fireworks, more just relaxing, going on rides and discovering new things. Have fun everyone!!

Thank you to your husband for his service! And Happy Anniversary! Have a fantastic trip :)

For those that have been to Jeelyrolls, is it better to go in a Saturday night or Sunday night? We want enough people for it to be fun and interactive but not so many we have no breathing room

We're doing an all adult trip this year. Our adult children have been CM's and we've been on several all adult trips, and this one includes a new beau! (were an even group of 6!) My DH and I move like snails, while our kids want to do and see all! Now we include several rounds of golf, drinking around the world (just some of our fave spots) Late night dining, and staying in the parks into the wee hours, indulging in wine on the balcony of our resort. Best trip ever!

There are so many things to do without the kids! Our kids have all left the nest, but we go 2-3 times a year, either just the two of us or with another couple or two. Disney as an adult is amazing! Here are our favorite activities:
1. Monorail Drink-a-Thon: Disney has an official monorail trip, but we created our own before they started doing theirs. We haven't done the official one yet, but I want to. What we do is buy these cool personalized passports online (google personalized passport monorail drink a thon - they come up right after the ads). The passports are cheap, and they add, for extra credit, the resorts you can reach from the monorail line by boat; each resort offers several options (we only do one at each place). We often do a drink and appetizer to share at each place.
2. Savor, Sip, and Sparkle - Celebration at the Top: We love this. It is always on Sunday nights, but they have been adding Saturdays too. We think this is the best value on Disney property. It is at the top of the Contemporary at the California Grill. You get heavy appetizers, dessert, unlimited beer, wine, and some hard drinks, as well as sparkling wine. Then there is a special viewing platform for the fireworks.
3. Drink Around the World Showcase/Snack Around the World Showcase - Just like it says, you have a beverage and/or snack in each country. The company in #1 also has great personalized passports for both of these fun activities.
4. Do a seminar or two at Food & Wine! We love the cooking classes. We really enjoy the Tequila lunch at La Hacienda - it seems like a great value - several courses paired with tequila, and the tequila ambassadors are fantastic.
5. Eat at places you wouldn't take the kids, and take your time!
6. Do a romantic carriage ride (we prefer the one at Fort Wilderness, but the one at Port Orleans-Riverside is nice too.
7. Go play at Disney Springs (the same company in #1 also has Sippin' and Snackin' in the Springs - you get a personalized passport and the challenge is to have a drink and snack in all three areas of Disney Springs).
8. If you have the time and money, do a tour. We LOVED Backstage Magic (it is a whole day!), the Segway tour the starts at Fort Wilderness (Wilderness Back Trail Adventure), and Keys to the Kingdom. We are going to try the holiday tour this November.
9. We do love Jellyrolls!
10. Enjoy your resort! If you have hammocks, lay in them at night. Walk around holding hands.
11. Our favorite in-park bars/lounges: Brown Derby, Tune-in Lounge at 50's Prime Time, everything on the monorail, Belle Vue lounge at the Boardwalk, Geyser Point at Wilderness Lodge, Tiffins in Animal Kingdom, Yak & Yeti in Animal Kingdom, the Edison at Disney Springs...
12. If you are there after November 11, the holiday decorations start going up. I love visiting the deluxe hotels and looking at the decorations!
13. After staying out late, I highly recommend Uber/Lyft rather than trying to take multiple buses to get back to your room.

No matter what you do, you will have a blast!!

Thank you for all the wonderful ideas! I’m so excited! And I’ll definitely have to check out those passports!

I'm going to add something that I haven't seen anyone mention yet. A Behind the Scenes Tour...there are a number of them of different lengths of time and at different parks. I really enjoyed the Keys to the Kingdom Tour in the Magic Kingdom. If you like discovering the attention to detail that the imagineers put into creating the experience you've been enjoying over the years I really recommend it. You don't have to worry about children's attention span since it is just you. I'm going to reiterate what others have said. I'm doing an adults only trip with friends right before you at the end of October and plan on checking out a number of lounges throughout Walt Disney World. But then, my friends and I definitely enjoy our cocktails. What about a weekend brunch? I hear good things about Homecomin', House of Blues, and other brunches. That seems more an adult only activity to me. Have a blast!

Hi, all! My DH and I will be headed to Disney in November without the kiddos for oncfor a first time ever adult only trip! While I know we will hit up F&W and probably check out Jellyrolls and Trader Sam’s, but was wondering what some of YOU like to do with an adults only trip?

Magic Kingdom is “dry” but my wife and I enjoy a drink so there is a little work around. Get a reservation for an early dinner at Beauty and the Beast (on a magic hour night) order a bottle of Champaign or wine and ask for a To Go cup. The large cups almost fir the whole bottle. Boom. You can now have an adult beverage and enjoy Magic kingdom.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!