Disney after Bariatric Surgery

Discussion in 'W.I.S.H' started by JessicaGreye, May 13, 2017.

1. fredsgal

fredsgal Earning My Ears

Not interested in taking over your post but I am 9 years post RNY gastric bypass and have always had great luck discussing my food needs with the chef. it is recorded on my ADRs that i have special dietary needs; the chef then comes out and designs a meal meeting my needs EXACTLY!! I have the added issue of being a pescaterian so I will only eat fish as a protein. And to the original OP>>> I also start every morning with a protein shake!! To any other gastric surgery patients out there: do not be afraid of WDW. Ask for what you need (that includes requesting kids meals if you need them) Try to avoid buffets... you can usually get correct foods but you are paying alot and you are eating minimally. Use appetizers as main dishes and most of all....enjoy your vacay!!!

JessicaGreye and Summer2018 like this.
  2. Kaytie

Kaytie DIS Veteran

Any time this happens, hang up and call back. Unlikely you would get the same CM on two consecutive calls, and even if the next one couldn't help you, they would have been polite.
    Check the day before the ADR, too. Menus do change without notice (but San Angel probably still had those ingredients on hand if was a very recent change.)

Summer2018 likes this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  4. JessicaGreye

JessicaGreye Earning My Ears

Certainly now that I am 5 months post op I feel a lot more comfortable with my dietary needs. It was so new the last time I went that I was scared of everything! Now I'm on regular food and know how to ask for what I need. I'm going again next month and I'm not worried at all about the food and it's good to know you've had good experiences talking to the chefs. I'm being "forced" to go to one buffet. I think you're right, it'll be easy, but will feel super pricy for the amount I'll eat. Thanks for sharing your experience.

fredsgal likes this.
  5. GAIL HALPIN

GAIL HALPIN Earning My Ears

Is this seriously a question???

6. GAIL HALPIN

GAIL HALPIN Earning My Ears

7. Paflyers

Paflyers Earning My Ears

I myself am almost 2 years Post-OP. I wondered if anyone has ordered kids meals? Also if they gave you a hard time ordering from the kids menu. My doctors office gave me a "note" for ordering off the kids menu, but I haven't actually ever tried using it.

8. DisneyOma

DisneyOma DIS Veteran

Yes, it is - was the mother there looking at the actual menu? Or something online, which is likely very inaccurate, as we found out last week. We were able to adjust lots of menu items. So I'm asking, did you go there to figure it out, or just going based on what was online?

9. fredsgal

fredsgal Earning My Ears

All the time in sit down restaurants. Absolutely no issue. Unfortunately buffets will, in most cases, not allow you to pay kids prices!!