Disney After Hours AK

jjwelch24

Mouseketeer
I am thinking about purchasing a ticket to Disney After Hours for AK in January. Has anyone done this before and is it worth the cost? We did Moonlight Magic at HS earlier this year and it was great (and free). I'm just wondering if the Disney After Hours at AK is worth it.

Thanks.

It was the most fun thing I did for our June trip. We started with dinosaur, went to Expedition and rode 3 times, watched Rivers of light. The above was to allow the crowd that was still in line at flights to clear out. Our event started at park closing.
We then proceeded to Pandora and did Rivers once and here was the fun, Flights 4 in a row. First trip was about a 15 min. wait. After that it was a walk on. Last ride was 5 min. before event end. We had a blast. Almost an empty park.

I can not speak to AK, but I have done HS. It is almost like having the park to yourself. I literally just circled thru on Rockin Roller Coaster 10 times with no wait. and I mean NO wait.
Between a 120$ish ticket for a full day, and a 100$ ticket for 3 hours, the latter is the better deal. You will get more done in 3 hours as far as attractions go. (Or however many hours it is)

I did do the Safari at MM - and you do kind of lose that a little. But the Hippos were making a ton of noise, not something they do during the day. But a pretty major attraction does take a bit of a hit.

Just did MK and with the DVC discount it was well worth it. Also includes free soft drinks, popcorn and ice cream novelties. Nothing better than riding people mover at 11:55 eating your Mickey Bar.😋
Honestly if we could plan a trip that would have a MM night, with 2 DAD’s we would forgo regular tickets. The perfect storm.

It was the most fun thing I did for our June trip. We started with dinosaur, went to Expedition and rode 3 times, watched Rivers of light. The above was to allow the crowd that was still in line at flights to clear out. Our event started at park closing.
We then proceeded to Pandora and did Rivers once and here was the fun, Flights 4 in a row. First trip was about a 15 min. wait. After that it was a walk on. Last ride was 5 min. before event end. We had a blast. Almost an empty park.
For this event, do they let you walk through the regular queue for Flight of Passage? I have never seen the queue because I always do a fast pass. I am hoping that I will finally get to see the queue at this event. Thanks in advance!

A co-worker of mine went and loved it. Minimal lines and they got to do everything they wanted without the crowds, except a few things closed earlier than the After Hours starts, such as Kilamanjaro Safaris and some of the shows.

For this event, do they let you walk through the regular queue for Flight of Passage? I have never seen the queue because I always do a fast pass. I am hoping that I will finally get to see the queue at this event. Thanks in advance!
we went through the FPline but asked a cast member if we could see the regular line and we allowed to wander around and then rejoin at the merge point. It was pretty neat!

AK After Hours was our favorite back in Feb. We did After Hours at MK, HS and AK and there was nothing quite like wandering through Pandora at night with hardly anyone around you---practically empty. We loved it!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!